Remember me
Login  |   Register
Old August 24th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

PPG Paint code for Ducati red?

Does anyone have the PPG paint code for the Ducati red? Getting some plastics painted and want to get the exact match.
motorcyclepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old August 24th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[916 SPS]

PPG Anniversary red - 473.101 - should be in the manual

Last edited by brettc63; August 24th, 2009 at 05:01 PM.
brettc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 09:51 AM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

473.101 = Red Anniversary Ducat / Rosso in the global line

The codes in the manual are only for waterbase paint. i have spent a lot of time trying to get a paint match/code because i wanted a match as well.

This is the key to a match

Here is the Nexa Waterbase formula:

PPG CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
This color information is the proprietary property of PPG Industries, Inc. and must be maintained in strict confidence. Access and use are restricted to recipient and its employees who have a need to know.
Copyright 1999-2009 PPG Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All unauthorized copying will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Formulation Report
Date:Wednesday, April 29, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1EVLB : NO 1 : BCS : 2000 : -Body : ROSSO : 473.101 : DUCATI : MOT
Brand Reference: 1EVLB
Finish Effect: Solid

Use/Benutzen/Utiliser SG06

Main Layer:1EVLB
Price Code:
Revision Date:10/13/2005

Code Description Gms/Qt Cum.
P993-8941 STRONG RED 575.80 575.80
P992-8935 MAGENTA 62.00 637.80
P990-8904 REDUCED BLACK 17.70 655.50
P993-8970 STRONG YELLOW 39.90 695.40
P992-8964 WINE RED 298.50 993.90

HAPS Content (lb/gal): 0.01 Density (g/L) Density(lbs / gal) Volatiles wt. % Water wt. % Exempt wt. % Water vol. % Exempt vol. %
1,035 8.64 76.7 69.2 0.0 71.8 0.0

this is what the code in the ducati owners manual transfers to. NOT EVERYONE CAN SPARY WATERBASE PAINT

now if your going to use dupont your on your own

good luck
Old August 25th, 2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Supporting Vendor

ducatis in the registry:
[Hypermotard 1100 S]
[848]

colorrite.com
nick.kister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 11:44 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Thanks guys! I have a PPG shop down the street that can match it with this info. Going to be spraying some race glass and touching up some blems on the tank.
motorcyclepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #6
Banned

No ducatis in the registry

Not trying to jack your thread... Ok... Maybe a little...

I'm in need of the paint code for the black 1098S..

Thanks.

RC
RC51-05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 07:28 AM   #7

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

I might be able to help you out. Take your paint code from your book and go to the ppg supplier in your town tell them the code should be in there waterbase paint line. they might have to call their color library hot line to get it for you. Now you have to remember that not everyone can spray waterbase paint it is a new application in a lot of states . if your in CA your in like flin because it is the standared there.
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati View Post
I might be able to help you out. Take your paint code from your book and go to the ppg supplier in your town tell them the code should be in there waterbase paint line. they might have to call their color library hot line to get it for you. Now you have to remember that not everyone can spray waterbase paint it is a new application in a lot of states . if your in CA your in like flin because it is the standared there.

I'm in California & its not STANDARD for me..... Standard in LA maybe but other parts of CA are national rule....... & why can't anyone spray waterbase?????? No matter cause I use Dupont formula straight from Italy in urethane...
PainterDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 12:04 PM   #9

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

I GUESS ANYONE CAN THAT IS SET UP FOR IT !

But you need dryers to dry the paint and your air supply needs to be filtered so the water content is very low in it. ... they have hand dryers you can use takes a while to do it that way going over all of the surface of what you painted. or they have a fan system for your paint booth...... its cool to use water base dries in a few seconds when you use driers on it. you can be pealing your tape of in a mater of minutes..and i believe the the spray guns have an attachment on them......

And guys dont bother asking painterdude for his paint codes he wont give them up.

Last edited by ducati; August 27th, 2009 at 12:11 PM.
ducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2009, 10:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati View Post
I GUESS ANYONE CAN THAT IS SET UP FOR IT !

But you need dryers to dry the paint and your air supply needs to be filtered so the water content is very low in it. ... they have hand dryers you can use takes a while to do it that way going over all of the surface of what you painted. or they have a fan system for your paint booth...... its cool to use water base dries in a few seconds when you use driers on it. you can be pealing your tape of in a mater of minutes..and i believe the the spray guns have an attachment on them......

And guys dont bother asking painterdude for his paint codes he wont give them up.

?????? Whats up with that??? You don't even know me.... It depends who asks & how they represent themselves.... I have given them away, twice on here, denied only once & was because he represented himself as Competition & I owned the color, a D16RR that formula is not available to public.... 1098 formula is there for the taking if you know where to look, you obviously Don't.....All the info you need to find it is in my previous post, that is, if you are smart enough to figure it out....

Waterbourne automotive paint technology is fairly new & they are still working out the bugs, while some aspects of it are nice, I still prefer the solvent based counterparts, as they are proven in reliability.... Also, only the Base Coat is water based, The Clear Coats are all still solvent based, so for the exception of the big air blower that dries the pait, the equipment for spraying is the same & if you are patient & spray on a warm enough day, you don't need the dryer, a hair dryer works just as well also, for the do it yourselfer..... Last time I lookedyou don't want a High water content in your air supply, no matter what type of paint you are spraying ........ You "Believe" that the spray guns have an attachment on them?? Look, you either know what you are talking about or you Don't...so which is it??

Last edited by PainterDude; August 29th, 2009 at 10:56 PM.
PainterDude is offline   Reply With Quote