Remember me
Login  |   Register
Old January 18th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

1199 Panigali "Streetfighter"

Fresh new rumors out of Europe suggest a new bike on the horizon to replace the current 1098 based streetfighter.

The 2013 Ducati 1199 StreetFighter !!

Did anyone hear any more on this ? any photos ?
Old January 18th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

A little too soon for Ducati to have another Panigale platform...I would assume the 799 in mid 2013, then 1199 SF early 2014...Just like the 1098, after finding out their design caught the consumers' eyes, they'll roll out the 848 and onto the 1098SF
Donger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[Streetfighter]

Where'd you hear the rumors, Sedici?
steve_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #4

Ducati News Today did a little piece on it back on the 9th of January.
RedRider1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #5
Site Sponsor

I think the odds of this bike being a reality are very low. The last thing the Streetfighter needs is more power and a higher-revving engine, IMHO.
jarelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
Where'd you hear the rumors, Sedici?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider1198 View Post
Ducati News Today did a little piece on it back on the 9th of January.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
I think the odds of this bike being a reality are very low. The last thing the Streetfighter needs is more power and a higher-revving engine, IMHO.
Here you go !.......
Ducati 1199 Streetfighter in the Works? | Ducati News Today

Old January 19th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #7
Site Sponsor

I don't see it happening based upon where Ducati is heading with the model range, the Diavel outsold the streetfighter probably 10 to 1 last year.
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #8

Quote:
........, the Diavel outsold the streetfighter probably 10 to 1 last year.
.......that's a crime!

Jdw
Jonny DeWog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #9
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny DeWog View Post
.......that's a crime!

Jdw
That's reality! Being a sport rider myself, I've always been shocked at how many people in our showroom can sit on a Streetfighter or even a Monster and say "Oh man, I don't know how I could ever ride all hunched over like that with all that weight on my wrists!". Seriously?!?! On a Monster you have too much weight on your wrists?!?! But that's really how a majority of the riders out there seem to feel. They sit on the Diavel and it's like "Aahhhhh.......... now that's a comfortable bike!". Add in the performance and aggressive look, and the Diavel is really the Streetfighter that more people seem to be looking for. At least in our customer base here, the Streetfighter has been reserved for sportbike riders who are looking for something just a bit "simpler" or slightly less aggressive riding position than a sportbike, but still want hard-edged sport performance. That's a much smaller market than those who are looking for a comfortable bike that is still fast and fun to ride. Maybe the 848 Streetfighter will change that slightly with the revised ergonomics and less "beastly" power delivery.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:25 AM   #10

Quote:
That's reality! Being a sport rider myself, I've always been shocked at how many people in our showroom can sit on a Streetfighter or even a Monster and say "Oh man, I don't know how I could ever ride all hunched over like that with all that weight on my wrists!". Seriously?!?! On a Monster you have too much weight on your wrists?!?! But that's really how a majority of the riders out there seem to feel. They sit on the Diavel and it's like "Aahhhhh.......... now that's a comfortable bike!". Add in the performance and aggressive look, and the Diavel is really the Streetfighter that more people seem to be looking for. At least in our customer base here, the Streetfighter has been reserved for sportbike riders who are looking for something just a bit "simpler" or slightly less aggressive riding position than a sportbike, but still want hard-edged sport performance. That's a much smaller market than those who are looking for a comfortable bike that is still fast and fun to ride. Maybe the 848 Streetfighter will change that slightly with the revised ergonomics and less "beastly" power delivery.
youre right.I've test-ridden the Diavel, first impression is that handle bar is way to high and seat too low for my personal liking.Will be great it be slightly more forward bias and commanding over the front wheel..(that may be the SF then...).i guess is a Ducati way of attracting another group of riders.they just need to expand market share.Passion still needs business to sustain...

heard no rumors of the 1199 SF. but if there really is my guess is they might graduate to the current sbk engine (1198) or re-refine the 1098 mill by givin it Ethrottle or alternate map selection (tame the beast with electronics on top of DTC) so that riders could "learnt to manage " bike power in a progressive way...

The superquadra 1199 need to prove its worth first in sstk and subsequent wsbk , engine design refine/stabilizes along the way (also with the monocoque) before it see a new home to a different model.Is a marketing thingy too to win races and being associated to it...
Titaniumvalves is offline   Reply With Quote