848 colour option difference? - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 848

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2017, 04:27 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

848 colour option difference?

Hi all,

New user here & relatively new Ducati owner, had a really slight prang with my 2009 848, low speed drop, bent gear pedal and scuffed left fairing. Replaced the gear pedal and now looking at the left mid fairing.Have had quotes of 350 to respray it (!) and just spotted a replacement on Ebay for 125, which is probably cheaper than any respray quote I'll find. The only issue is it is off an Evo, so will need the decal replacing but also, it looks like it could be different shade of red?? Is this a possibility or is there just the one shade of red that Ducatis come in?

For bonus points, anyone had any bad experiences removing the factory decals?

ps I did try searching this topic to no avail, so apologies if this is already answered somewhere!
GuyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old January 9th, 2017, 06:33 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]
[1198 S]

Make it a track bike!
Old January 9th, 2017, 06:39 PM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

There is only 1 Ducati red as it is called.
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:28 AM   #4

Thanks both - I think I'll keep it a road bike for now! Cheers for confirming that P@rick - simplifies things a bit
Old January 10th, 2017, 11:18 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Ducati is pretty good a keeping the colours simple. The only change was going from a Pearle White to what they called Arctic Silk which is actually a satin finish rather than gloss. I believe the Pani's are the same Arctic Silk.
Old January 10th, 2017, 02:31 PM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyR View Post
For bonus points, anyone had any bad experiences removing the factory decals?
Thanks for actually trying to search, many newcomers don't.

I'll take the bonus points. You can easily remove the decals and replace them. Just don't put any sharp objects to it. Rubbing alcohol or some goo-remove or whatever it is called in the US.

Plenty of sites on Ebay sell decals or search for preffered by this this forum
CPH_848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 07:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH_848 View Post
Thanks for actually trying to search, many newcomers don't.

I'll take the bonus points. You can easily remove the decals and replace them. Just don't put any sharp objects to it. Rubbing alcohol or some goo-remove or whatever it is called in the US.

Plenty of sites on Ebay sell decals or search for preffered by this this forum
Thanks CPH_848, will give that a go! Yeh I have been a member of various car/bike forums and have always seen the newcomers jump on and just post without looking when the thread they needed was even stickied... wasn't gonna be that person!

Update: the one in the pic above actually has a couple of snapped tabs on the rear.. however I managed to track down someone who lives about an hour away selling an immaculate 1098S example for 185. Result!
Old January 11th, 2017, 12:09 PM   #8

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyR View Post
Thanks CPH_848, will give that a go! Yeh I have been a member of various car/bike forums and have always seen the newcomers jump on and just post without looking when the thread they needed was even stickied... wasn't gonna be that person!

Update: the one in the pic above actually has a couple of snapped tabs on the rear.. however I managed to track down someone who lives about an hour away selling an immaculate 1098S example for 185. Result!
185 quid!

Get it from across the pond, I ended up with ~$34 2u x Ducati Corse Italian flag decal vinyl stickers sticker - Bikes - decalsmania.com - Your sticker shop for your car, jdm, racing
CPH_848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2017, 05:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH_848 View Post
Hehe no, 185 for a very clean panel:

I also picked up the decal, some fresh rubber nuts & those locking washer things (for the soundproof panel on the back, I am a completionist!) all for about 15.

Given how much of a ballache this proved to be I am contemplating fitting a set of aftermarket fairings and crashbungs nearer the summer riding season, not that I intend to drop it, just that with the OEM fairings on I'll probably be tip-toeing a bit. Hmm.

A quick googling yielded these which I quite like Ducati 848/1098/1198 red and white fairing kits - iFairings.com but not sure how they will come out fitment-wise. Do you know of any good aftermarket fairing vendors/a thread where this is discussed?