Remember me
Login  |   Register
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

MTS 1200 o2 elimination

Hello, I've got a 2010 MTS 1200 that i've installed a power commander V on. I'm wanting to install their autotune module. They say that it will not control or make any changes to fueling below 5500 rpms or below 20% throttle. I didn't know this until I bought all the equipment. My main reason for getting it was to improve fuel economy at freeway speeds 4500-5500 rpms as I go to pretty remote places where there is no gas and need the range. Dynojet tells me that it can be done, but there is a flash for the stock system that needs to be installed to remove the stock o2 sensors, then I can install the autotune wideband o2 sensor and have it control that section, otherwise, they will fight eachother. They say it can't be done at a dealership, and there is no dealership here in Vegas anymore anyways.
Anyone done this before, or have some help?
Rick
rickmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[999 R]

If you wanted to be able to control the fueling below 5K rpm you should have purchased a Bazzaz ZFI unit that lets you control it down to 500 rpm.
Either way, you can install a set of 02 manipulators and be fine with the set up you already have, you just won't tune it yourself down below but it will be done automatically no matter what exhaust you have.
I may have a set of those for sale soon if you're interested, I just ordered a Bazzaz for mine and when I install that I won't be needing them any longer.
Cheers!
2010 1198S Corse (sold)
2010 SF S (sold)

2012 Multi S PP
La Rossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #3

Super. I could definately use those o2 eliminators. I found that the dynojet will tune down low, but the 02's have to be disabled. Simply unplugging them reverts the ECM to open loop, solving the problem, but there is that annoying "lambda heater" error. I'd like to do it right.
Let me know what you want for the pair. My direct email is rickmain@alchemymoto.com
I'm also looking for the exhaust valve eliminator if anyone has one out there?
BTW, Bazzaz just contacted me this morning wanting to set my shop up as a dealer for them here in Vegas. I've not had experience with them as to date. Looking for some opinions.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #4

Ducati Multistrada 1200 Exhaust Servo Eliminator | eBay

This is who i went with, but i ordered direct off his site. Works fantastic and great customer service, i got a tail light modulator from him after buying the servo eliminator.
fastrob691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmain View Post
Super. I could definately use those o2 eliminators. I found that the dynojet will tune down low, but the 02's have to be disabled. Simply unplugging them reverts the ECM to open loop, solving the problem, but there is that annoying "lambda heater" error. I'd like to do it right.
Let me know what you want for the pair. My direct email is rickmain@alchemymoto.com
I'm also looking for the exhaust valve eliminator if anyone has one out there?
BTW, Bazzaz just contacted me this morning wanting to set my shop up as a dealer for them here in Vegas. I've not had experience with them as to date. Looking for some opinions.
That's right....send the ecu and have it flashed (I did this a few months back to match a full system and they downloaded a full system map plus disabled o2 and exup motor..that way you dont have obd lights and no need to buy the exup motor eliminator)

They can leave the stock map and disable the o2 and exup motor if you have a pc v and autotune.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #6

I think having it flashed is the right way to do it. You say to have it flashed and send it out, but to whom?
We have no Ducati dealer in Vegas anymore.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #7

Boulder Motorsports does them, Motowheels, ProItalia, I think Redline Motorsports can do them now as well.

BMS will be doing mine soon, i've seen the best reviews for them.
fastrob691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #8

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmain View Post
I think having it flashed is the right way to do it. You say to have it flashed and send it out, but to whom?
We have no Ducati dealer in Vegas anymore.

I used motoforza in Escondido, CA....they use the same maps than redline (they have the same software and probably proitalia does too)
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #9

great, I'll check em out...anybody but ProItalia though