New Pikes Peak Owner - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Other Models > Multistrada

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jim D

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2017, 06:54 PM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

New Pikes Peak Owner

Greetings all. Have been riding an 848 for years and took delivery on Friday of a '16 PP.

Regrettably it's been in the 30's here in the Northeast US since the bike arrived on Friday but I have a couple questions I'm hoping those more experienced with the MTS might have an answer for. I've quickly searched the forum but haven't had much luck.

1. Shockingly, with less than 50 miles, the check engine light illumunated (steady) today. On the 848 one can tell the error code with relative ease. I can't seem to get the MTS to divulge what it thinks is wrong. I've already sent the dealer a note asking them to retrieve the bike but was hoping to be a little constructive on the call Monday.

2a. Infotainment system: When one receives an SMS message. When in an appropriate riding mode and with display set to full, does the SMS message appear in the info rectangle (like many cars today) or do you simply get the green bubble that advises an SMS has arrived

2b. Infotainment system: When connected to my iPhone 6 I activated Player mode. When using "Button 4" I couldn't get the player to play the playlist that was already active on my phone. It kept pausing. I could, however, advance tracks with button 4. I noticed it also didn't show the song titles when it advanced. The infotainment rectangle just said "not available"

Thanks in advance, looking forward to contributing to both the MTS and 848 communities.
Jim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old March 18th, 2017, 03:49 PM   #2

No ducatis in the registry

Any update on how you like the bike? I currently ride a Monster 821 and I am looking at the Pikes Peak model as a possible sport touring bike.
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 08:56 AM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Bike is still at the dealer awaiting test ride post service (weather in NJ has been poor).

Service writer advises they had to consult the factory on the code. Surprisingly, the factory responded immediately as they've seen this before. The remedy is to move an oil pressure sensor from one cylinder to the other. I must confess it seems a little bizarre to me but will wait to see the paperwork to determine exactly what was done. Fingers crossed.
JohnR likes this.
Old March 21st, 2017, 08:56 AM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Slightly more clarity after dealer conversation this morning. It was an oil pressure controller that was moved from one cam to another. Please disregard reference to sensor/cylinder above.

Still waiting for test ride (they're kind enough not to ride it in melting snow/salt) but hope to have back in the paddock by the weekend.

On the other topics I queried above, have some additional clarity as well:

1. Dealer advises that, unfortunately for me (fortunate for them), there is no way to get the bike to divulge the code without a reader (assuming the factory reader). On the 848, there is a way to clear codes with your phone but I haven't begun to explore if it's compatible with MTS.

2a. You just get the text bubble notification. For safety reasons, it won't identify sender or scroll the message (seems reasonable)

2b. I've learned that there was a conflict between the pairing of iPhone to both bike and helmet. Solution was to pair devices to the bike and let it act like a hub. Now helmet, iphone and GPS are paired to the bike and it brokers the traffic. I can now see playlist info and use buttons 1,2,4 as intended.
Old March 21st, 2017, 06:45 PM   #5

No ducatis in the registry

Nice
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote