1198 engine locked up - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > General Discussion > Technical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2016, 07:33 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

1198 engine locked up

Hi everyone I'm new here I have an 1198 sp and my cam seized up scoring the head went to a machine shop and they said it couldn't be saved was thinking of putting 1098 heads on it to raise the compression and also heard it can increase the air speed into the motor any thoughts on this also would put my 1198 cams on the 1098 heads. This happened due to oil not getting to the front of the cam and it was only one cam I checked the oil ports and they were fine I'm stumped any help would be appreciated thanks
Brooklyn vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old January 10th, 2017, 04:40 PM   #2

Hi Brooklyn Vtwin,

just wondering if you had any insight to this previous problem you had with the intake cams and perhaps the cause. Mine has done the same thing. Its on the vertical intake cam, it just nipped up. Ive replaced all related items and checked all oil ports to also find nothing wrong. Oil pressure to cam is good at reassembly.
But now 5kms later ive removed the cam caps on rear cylinder again to find some scores appearing. Lucky i checked before it did the same thing.
Any info would be helpful.
rick@tmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 05:40 PM   #3

Im also curious as why this is happening to your bikes, being that your servicing them the correct way,,,Is this a problem for specific years, that Ducati has resolved ??? Just wondering,,I might consider buying one at some point,,

Brett Lucca
f1nxlife is offline   Reply With Quote