1st Ducati - Page 3 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2019, 01:10 PM   #31
Court Jester

No ducatis in the registry

After blowing two engines I decided the 4K to have the ducshop build was money well spent. Had him do Bothne street bike and track bike and thinking of doing a 3rd for rotation..
Remove Ads
Old September 9th, 2019, 09:02 AM   #32

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
After blowing two engines I decided the 4K to have the ducshop build was money well spent. Had him do Bothne street bike and track bike and thinking of doing a 3rd for rotation..
Yeah that was the original plan, but after buying the bike for $6700, and blowing up after a few months, lol... finding a good motor for $1800, and getting my quote for everything I wanted to do to it R&R, build, tune.... it just worked out to a bit over what I could do at that time.... I still want a motor done but now I have the time to get one, and save up for it... and I can buy the other bits and already have them like the ECU....
Old September 13th, 2019, 09:16 AM   #33

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

got the brakes fixed, Body work back on, and just ordered my angel gt tires for it, now I have to put the darn insurance on it again and register it so I can ride
Tchase likes this.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 05:36 PM   #34

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

finally took it out for a proper shake down run, like 50 miles, still has one little clutch glitch but after looking for info for a couple of hrs I found it here.... I have a ducabike 4 spring slipper installed in the bike( I know it's not the best but the bike came with it) well I pulled that out of the old motor almost a yr ago and when I put it in the new motor it wasn't right , so looking at my shop manual I saw it was missing 2 steel plate, well I got some and put them in the order just like the manual... well that is wrong... thanks to another thread on here it shows I should have started with a friction plate not the 2 steel plates like a stock clutch.... damn thing is slipping after you shift gears and let the clutch back out intermittently and when I do race style down shifts it slips pretty bad, well I got a few days off so I'll fix it.
Since this is my 1st real slipper, anyone have info on how stack height will affect slipper. if my memory serves me right it was 36.5mm before I started making changes, & now I have almost 39.mm. I know most people say the stock one should be 38-38.5mm but I've read a few places say it can be 38mm +/- 2mm depending on how you like the slipper to work for you.. so where do I find that info, and yes I've been searching online line for a few hrs now so before that comes up, I do know how to use it, lol
Old October 23rd, 2019, 07:21 PM   #35
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccs273 View Post
finally took it out for a proper shake down run, like 50 miles, still has one little clutch glitch but after looking for info for a couple of hrs I found it here.... I have a ducabike 4 spring slipper installed in the bike( I know it's not the best but the bike came with it) well I pulled that out of the old motor almost a yr ago and when I put it in the new motor it wasn't right , so looking at my shop manual I saw it was missing 2 steel plate, well I got some and put them in the order just like the manual... well that is wrong... thanks to another thread on here it shows I should have started with a friction plate not the 2 steel plates like a stock clutch.... damn thing is slipping after you shift gears and let the clutch back out intermittently and when I do race style down shifts it slips pretty bad, well I got a few days off so I'll fix it.
Since this is my 1st real slipper, anyone have info on how stack height will affect slipper. if my memory serves me right it was 36.5mm before I started making changes, & now I have almost 39.mm. I know most people say the stock one should be 38-38.5mm but I've read a few places say it can be 38mm +/- 2mm depending on how you like the slipper to work for you.. so where do I find that info, and yes I've been searching online line for a few hrs now so before that comes up, I do know how to use it, lol
Nothing wrong with the Duca slipper I have one and the problem was the slave you can put the plates in stock order and it will work.

You get very little adjustment in the stock levers and most aftermarket, when you switch to a easier pull slave you will be on the edge of not having enough disengagement, pull a plate and it might slip on acceleration. It took me half the summer to solve the problem and Shazam has warned about this on this forum for years..

Do you have a stock slave?

The stack height is in the workshop manual.

Last edited by Tchase; October 23rd, 2019 at 07:23 PM.
Tchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2019, 08:24 PM   #36

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchase View Post
Nothing wrong with the Duca slipper I have one and the problem was the slave you can put the plates in stock order and it will work.

You get very little adjustment in the stock levers and most aftermarket, when you switch to a easier pull slave you will be on the edge of not having enough disengagement, pull a plate and it might slip on acceleration. It took me half the summer to solve the problem and Shazam has warned about this on this forum for years..

Do you have a stock slave?

The stack height is in the workshop manual.
yeah stock slave right now, going to get a oberon l8r... Ive been reading the forums and web...but the stock order doesn't work need a friction 1st.... so the steel wont fall into the gap created when the clutch ramps or slips... heck I didn't know.... I'm learning never had a slipper before, didn't use one when I raced.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 08:40 PM   #37

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

also ran across this lithium grease on your clutch plates.... you gotta be kidding me, really
Old October 23rd, 2019, 08:44 PM   #38

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Even the plain stock plates need the grease treatment even in a plain non slipper clutch
Previous:
'96 YZF1000R
'89 EX500
Svensken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2019, 08:50 PM   #39

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensken View Post
Even the plain stock plates need the grease treatment even in a plain non slipper clutch
I would have thought to do that, I'm reading up on it now.... heck I've just put them in dry.... never knew this was actually a thing, wow
Old October 23rd, 2019, 09:37 PM   #40

Wait... stock plates need some lithium grease on them?
Is that really a thing?
2003 RC51 (RIP)
2008 1098R
MidwestR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2019, 09:58 PM   #41
Court Jester

Dah lol I just realized dry clutch... ok I was thinking wet. Anyways the stock slave will not give you a problem it’s the aftermarket you have to make sure you don’t go to high, for the easier pull.

But sure grease makes sense, he’ll mine is bathed in oil
Old October 24th, 2019, 11:10 AM   #42

Looks amazing in black! congrats!
Sttuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2019, 02:56 PM   #43

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

Bike running great now that I got the clutch stack all sorted out, I did have that little fuel hose pop off inside the tank the other day but I got it fixed made it a little longer than I did last time and tightened the hell out of the clamps lets hope it holds better, it's been a about a yr since it did it before. but its running.
Old November 5th, 2019, 03:39 PM   #44

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

I already knew this but..... the bike is way too soft for me... I've got to do some suspension upgrades now...plan is to upgrade the fork cartridges and get it rebuilt and resprung for my weight.... my sag number suck real bad, and Im bottoming out the front just regular street riding while I learn this bike, which is not good.... really thinking of getting a better shock for it while Im at it too