Ducati.org forum banner

Fast by Ferracci

7K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  fab334@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the Fast by Ferracci slip ons? What do they sound like? Good quality for $1100? I'm thinking about these vs the termignoni slip ons, but I want to know what they sound like. There wasn't any video clips on you tube of anyone with a 1098 & the FBF slip ons.:)

#2 ·
They might be termignoni or some other company. Ferracci doesnt make thier own exhaust they buy other companies exhaust and slap thier name plates on them.
They do that for most of the products they sell under the fast by ferracci brand.

I would research who is the actual manufacturer of the exhaust then you could get accurate info on the slip on

#5 ·
I thought you and I were boys since we have the same DUC but after this comment, Well I am really rethinking my our friendship.

I know every dealership has its pro's and con's but dude the best is really pushing it. All I can say is thank GOD I moved from their serving area and now have more than 1 choice to get service.

#7 ·
I like Ferracci's shop, they have really great people working there. I've been to Battley's and had a good experience there as well.

But, any dealer can do you wrong. One of the above dealers put a scratch on my 1098R. One of them did something I specifically asked them not to do.

Generally, I think they're both good shops that mean to treat the customer right. FBF has a very experienced tech that's built all of the engines in their superbikes, tough to compete with that level of experience.

#8 ·
Sil Motor makes the systems for FBF, i was just there over christmas and ask Eraldo about them. Very nice pipes and just you can leave the Sil motor sticker or they add on the FBF sticker.

I have to agree with Demon_1098s they are one of the best Duc shops anywhere! My father has known Eraldo for a very long time, and has worked on our bikes since the early 80's. when we stopped in he chewed my ear for at least an hour, even pulled us in the back to see some sick project bikes they had in the shop. Those guys have so much knowledge and race experience its crazy.

#9 ·
Demon_1098S I am not into bashing anyone, everyone has a buisness to run and a family to maintain. I thought very highly of ferracci as well even sent a bunch and I mean a BUNCH of business thier way. I can honestly say with all the people I meet through NESBA, PRO Motion, and other trackday groups in the last 4 years I have easy sold well over 40 bikes for them.

I know the pickings are slim in your area so they would stand out but I no longer recommed them to potential buyers or people looking for service. I understand their name and rep is still well know and respected I just wont back them. I had a bad personal experiance as well as people that I have sent their way have come back really unhappy and I dont like to be made to look bad.

I take my bike to Rockwell Cycles in NY state. I know that is no help to you because it is really out of the way but its the place i recommend now for the new jersey / NY area.

So far everyone I have sent has been very happy with both sales and service

#10 ·
I know the pickings are slim in your area so they would stand out but I no longer recommed them to potential buyers or people looking for service. I understand their name and rep is still well know and respected I just wont back them. I had a bad personal experiance as well as people that I have sent their way have come back really unhappy and I dont like to be made to look bad.

I take my bike to Rockwell Cycles in NY state. I know that is no help to you because it is really out of the way but its the place i recommend now for the new jersey / NY area.

So far everyone I have sent has been very happy with both sales and service
I am not trying to bash anyone and
if wasn't for the fact that we are looking for perfection or near it, I would have not pointed out
the bad experiences, at least thats what I see
in this board, people want reliable places to
take their bikes too,

I very much understand in your case, no one
has the same experience, some people swear by
duc pond "I bought my bike from there" but I will
never again take my bike there or purchase one in the future from them. because of issues I had ofcourse.

Ferracci is not the cheapest store but I must admit
they know what they are doing, and if you
are to keep things in a professional level with such business and be clear on what you want / expect
then it normally turns out alright.

Thanks for the option you given, in case things
turn bitter then my next choice is your recommendation. :)

#11 ·
Thats cool man I am glad you have had smooth sailing with them.
They do run a good ship and the sales guy there Vince is a great guy.
Every shop has its ups and downs and as long as you are getting the service you paid for
and it is to your liking that is the most important thing.

Even where I take my bike now I have heard some grumbling but I havent
come across any issues yet so I will keep treking my bike up there everytime she needs to get worked on.

If you're ever in the area we have to get together and set up a ride.
Or come out to a trackday and meet up this summer

#12 ·
FWIW, i took my bike there a few years ago for a map and tune. i left it there for a week and the PC had a map i it. I came, paid and left. On the way home the bike felt, well the same, odd. I got home and hooked up the comp, well, well the same as i came with was still there WTF? i asked for the dyno printout and they just had slid it up the scale to supposedly make a few more HP and let me off minus $300 with the map i came with. I call them and ask for the custom map and was told all custom mpas are erased by their techs after they are made and loaded LOL right. I ask mr E for my money back and he says i must have lost the map, took a phone call or two to get a refund and i ended up with nothing but lies, cheating, and bullshite, real way to do business.

OH, B4 the i am full O'chit comes i have the dyno printout here of the slide the line up the scale and crap, good luck

#14 ·
Hey man if you can make it I am in for a bunch of weekends at NJMP, VIR, and may do one or two trips down to Carolina Motorsports Park.

Otherwise you are more than welcome to drive up to NYC and we can head up state to bear mountain and a few other places.

Do you do any track days.

MRGRN:
sorry to hear about that I believe you for what its worth

#15 ·
Not much of a track guy, the streets are enough for me ;)

but Would love too, with this inauguration thing coming up it is a nightmare to go or come
out of this area, but definitely when the weather permits

#20 ·
Not much of a track guy, the streets are enough for me ;)

but Would love too, with this inauguration thing coming up it is a nightmare to go or come
out of this area, but definitely when the weather permits

OH HELL YEAH I CANT RIDE UNTIL THE TEMP HITS AT MINIMUM 50 Call me a BIATCH if you wish but thats my pain threshold. I'm latin man my peoples werent designed for this cold weather.

PS SORRY if we accidently hijacked the forum its cold and no one is talking anywhere ELSE LOL PS I am throwing up some pics of my baby this after noon Check out the pipes

#16 ·
Peter, If you want a break from the norm, try a totally different brand. I have FMF (***************** sells them) pipes, and a buddy of mine has the G&G (emotouk.com has them) the ones with point on the end. I love my FMF pipes. there is also the Akra's (get them from dan kyle racing) which are real nice. they all cost about the same. Of course if you really want performance, you should get a full system, I ride aon the street so slipons are fine for me. But if i had the money Id get the moto corse full titanum ones you can see them also on emotouk i believe. 2 into 2 into 2 heh heh. also dan kyle has the new Arata full system sick! Nut it all amounts to two thinks. how much you can spend and what is your personal preference. My soap box.

#18 ·
I CR for Nesba and I am just outside the city in NJ have a bunch of Guys from the area (and NYC) that went down to NJMP with me this year.

TPM has thier dates at NJMP already up on thier site as well
PM your nesba screen name

#22 ·
TITO1098..

if you went down to NJMP in 08 we must have met... I was riding a white 848.. I was there a lot

TMP has dates but no prices yet
:-(
??

like or not, Nesba is 20-30% cheaper than TMP... I never went with them last year but this season I'll go... I usually go on Mondays and it's not that busy anyway... also less traffic to get there :)

#23 ·
If you didnt do NESBA then we may not have meet I only got over to absloute once and it was a last minute thing and I didnt do TPM because my friend who CR's with them wasnt able to go and if he doesnt go I have to pay full price and thats a bit steep.

#25 ·
If im there I will try and help you make the best out of it I love playing against DUCS at the track.
I know its against the spirt of theis board for me to ride my GSXR 600 at the track but my wife is not having any of me taking the DUC to the track.

#27 ·
Please its a 600 I have no choice but to beat on her like a red headed step child to keep up with everyone. Im 5'11'' 220 with gear seriously I can only do so much but I have fun either way LOL

#28 ·
ahahhahahahahah

I know what you mean..

still... mid size engines sometimes are more fun... you can really squeeeeeeeeeze every HP out of it....

I ddnt take my 1098 to the track yet... but I already feel the extra power... I *doubt* I'll be able to keep that throttle full open for too long in these short tracks

ok gotta go

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.