Aftermarket Fairings - A more detailed look - Page 17 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #241

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[749]

Sorry to hear the DBame! I hope your leg (and the bike) turn out to be fine. Where were you? Street? Track? Lowside?
Tonyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old May 28th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #242

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[749]

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusions_ls View Post

Below is a before and after pic. sorry the after pic is crappy. was taken with my cell phone.

Attachment 31112
Attachment 31113
They look pretty good on a cell phone from a distance. They'd probably look great on TV! If you've never seen up close the paint on a pro race setup you might appreciate yours are even more!
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:09 AM   #243

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Quote:
Hey guys,

I decided to bite the bullet and try out some cheap Chinese race plastics. Got them for $450 shipped to my door. Installed them in less than two hours. The fit wasnt too bad. The only thing I needed to work on was the tail but the rest of the body went right on. The paint quality was decent. Overall I wasnt disappointed considering I already knew I was going to get what I paid for (quality wise).

Below is a before and after pic. sorry the after pic is crappy. was taken with my cell phone.

Attachment 31113

illusions_ls,
That looks really good! I've been contemplating getting one of these in that same style for a while now. Can you tell me what ebay seller you went with? And whether the seller offers the same model in a street version with light cutouts?

Cheers,

2009 Ducati 848
Termi SlipOns|Ducabike Rearsets|DP Damper|DP Solo Seat|1Carbontech HeatGuard/KeyGuard/Fender/Hugger/IntakeRunners|Fabbri Screen|Speedymoto Triple/Frame Sliders|Evoluzione 28mm Slave|ASV levers|Sargent Seat|Oberon Mirror Ext|Driven 14T Sprocket|Motovation BarEnds/Fork Sliders|Rizoma AVIO-21 signals|Heated Grips wired to Euro Duc999 Controls|DDM 35w 5k HID's|Cox Case/Rad Guards|MotoReva RAM Mount|TechSpec Grips
Red-line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:50 AM   #244

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbame View Post
i just crashed my bike with the plastics (see previous posts on same page). The body work held up real nice... but might have also been due to the bike sliding back on top of my leg and my boot/ leg taking most of the abrasions.
Dbame,

sorry to hear the news, hope your leg is doing well.

I also have the same optimal fairings as you and the quality to me is a lot better than the Chinese plastics. eventually i will repaint the optimal fairings but I was curious about these ebay stuff so i went ahead and bought them. well heal up quick and hope to meet you at a trackday. I know you live close to me cuz i see you on the hypercycles forum too
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:53 AM   #245

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyous View Post
They look pretty good on a cell phone from a distance. They'd probably look great on TV! If you've never seen up close the paint on a pro race setup you might appreciate yours are even more!
The paint quality is definitely worth it, my only concern is how the fairing will hold up in a crash. pretty sure these stuff will disintegrate upon impact
Old May 31st, 2010, 12:04 PM   #246

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Red-line,

The seller name was top-gp. The original posting was actually for a street version then i asked them to make a race version for me. it took over a month to receive. the quality of the plastics im not too happy with but the paint job was pretty nice. I bought mine for $250 plus $200 shipping but it seems like these guys raised up their prices. I also didnt like the fact that their race version was not a one piece solo seat cowl but rather a two piece.
Old June 1st, 2010, 10:10 AM   #247

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
Dbame,

sorry to hear the news, hope your leg is doing well.

I also have the same optimal fairings as you and the quality to me is a lot better than the Chinese plastics. eventually i will repaint the optimal fairings but I was curious about these ebay stuff so i went ahead and bought them. well heal up quick and hope to meet you at a trackday. I know you live close to me cuz i see you on the hypercycles forum too
Thank you, and yes im ok. I lowsided at Chuckwalla and just went back for another track day last weekend... knee is basically better, but now its hard getting my mind past my crash. im definitely slower
Dbame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:09 PM   #248

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[749]

yeah, i did a slow highside at Buttonwillow last year...i was back out on track 20 mins and a new set of rearsets later but my lap times dropped considerably
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:49 PM   #249

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

So i guess my question is... so is there an avalable option of quality fit and paint at any price. other than the factory.

Because walking away in disgust beats flying away with me

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7_VDEFw27Hk
http://www.kossan.se/roliga-filmer/s...app_sin_mc.htm
flightmedic571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:06 PM   #250

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightmedic571 View Post
So i guess my question is... so is there an avalable option of quality fit and paint at any price. other than the factory.
probably not unless you get the factory fairings and have them professionally painted to the way you like
Old June 2nd, 2010, 12:08 PM   #251

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbame View Post
Thank you, and yes im ok. I lowsided at Chuckwalla and just went back for another track day last weekend... knee is basically better, but now its hard getting my mind past my crash. im definitely slower
Nice to hear you were able to go back to the track pretty quickly...did you go back to chuckwalla this weekend? I was supposed to go on the 30th but ended up having to do wedding stuff with the fiance.