what brake pads are you sporting - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2018, 02:34 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

what brake pads are you sporting

only maybe 1/8" left on my pads. They are performance friction {7617.95.09.92]. My gsx-r has the Ferodo XRAC for a while (man those last!!). My only beef with the PF was that one time after rain fel (not pouring) and the utterly sucked in water/wet. I had to brake 200% earlier as there's literally no bit. The XRAC - no issues at all.

Granted, I won't ride the 1098S again in the rain. cleaning was a pita and mud/crap into the calipers was a pita to clean, including mud spots and stuff on the exhaust/tail. I thought of going Vesrah SRJL (never got a chance to try because I stopped track/race in 2011 and don't ride much). 2x the price is a bit much. I heard DP has a new pad but people seem to prefer XRAC instead.

Thoughts from others? I'm factoring in i'm not too crazy removing the rotors for bead blasting to remove residue from past brake pads. Many say you can get away with soap/water/sand paper or scotch brite (green version iirc?). I have a rotor honor save in my fav list in amazon but that's same as removing rotors then and get them bead blasted (done more correctly).
goldenset is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads