Both signal light blink at the same time - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2019, 07:14 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Both signal light blink at the same time

Hey guys I just finished putting the motor back in my 1198 when I hit the blinker both sides blink I have an integrated tail light also when I hit the brake the brake light doesn’t light up I checked the ground it was good the bike starts fine I’m stuck any suggestions would be appreciated thanks
Brooklyn vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old January 13th, 2019, 09:33 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[996]
[996]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn vtwin View Post
Iím stuck any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

This is just my experience with my 996 so take it for what it is worth.

I bought mine with an integrated tail light. However, those were the only turn signals on the bike when I got it.

I added some bar end signals so I had some up front. Not long after that, the resistor pack that enabled the integrated signals went south.

The result was exactly what you have. Both sides flashed any time either signal was selected.

I removed the integrator resistor pack and then added some new turn signals out back.

The problem did not go away.

What I figured out was, the only point at which both sides meet is in the indicator bulb. True at least on my 996.

The resistance required at the turn signals to light the indicator is not present with LED signals. Thus the filament in the incandescent bulb becomes a jumper.

I removed the bulb and the signals function as normal now.

Remove the bulb and see what happens. It's free. If it is not the issue then you've spent nothing but a few minutes of your time to eliminate that as a possibility. ..... sean
2000 Ducati 996
1996 Kawasaki EX500 basket case
1993 Ducati 900SS

Suzuki collection
2004 GSXR 600
1992 GSXR 750 oil boiler
1983 XN85 Turbo
NorCal996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 05:51 PM   #3

No ducatis in the registry

Update found the problem there was a ground wire on the integrated rail light that slipped out of the plug all is well with the bike I’m going to put it back together and fire it up this weekend
Brooklyn vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote