1098S build - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redox305

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2019, 07:13 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Hey there guys, bought a 1098S last month for $375 and thought it would be a nice little project, i would like to hear some feed back from you guys, and maybe you guys can help me solve some little issues i'm having, here are some pictures of where i'm at.
Attached Images

Last edited by Redox305; November 15th, 2019 at 06:19 AM.
Redox305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old November 13th, 2019, 07:18 PM   #2

Part 2
Attached Images

Last edited by Redox305; November 15th, 2019 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Upload pictures
Old November 13th, 2019, 07:25 PM   #3

Part 3
Attached Images

Last edited by Redox305; November 15th, 2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old November 14th, 2019, 10:36 AM   #4

Can't see shit.
Dutch848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 10:00 PM   #5

i know, let me try to figure it out how to post the pictures the right way! lol
Old November 15th, 2019, 06:39 AM   #6

Part 4
Attached Images

Old November 15th, 2019, 06:44 AM   #7

Part 5
Attached Images

fuzion likes this.
Old November 15th, 2019, 06:51 AM   #8

Alright guys, so this is where I’m at right now, the build so far it has gone pretty smooth, i ran into a couple of little things here and there like:

1) Removing the swing arm bolt was a bitch
2) bleeding the rear brake was tricky “had to remove the caliper and twist it upside down

Now I’m having 2 issues

1) I’m getting an error 37.1 which I think has something to do with the immobilizer, so I’m waiting for a new antenna to arrive, I have an extra ecu but I want to try the antenna first, if that don’t fix it I think I’m gonna have to send the cluster and key to somebody to find out my key code so I can try to override the system.
2) one of the forks are leaking, my Ducati dealership was charging way too much to change the seals, so I’m gonna try to do it myself
3) I found out there’s 2 bad

Is there another method to bypass that erro 37.1? Or I’m on the right track? Thank you guys!
Old November 15th, 2019, 10:47 AM   #9

UPDATE:

I tried swapping the ECU and Immobilizer, tried cranking the engine with both keys, and had no luck, sooo I guess I’m gonna have to go the expensive way and pay somebody to get the key code.

Last edited by Redox305; November 15th, 2019 at 10:51 AM.
Old November 15th, 2019, 10:52 AM   #10

Nice progress. What have you done with the engine so far?

Immo issue
You can disable the check in the ecu, ecu needs to be reflashed.
But you will need the correct code to program the key (if it still doesn't recognize yyour key after the antenna fix) or to bypass the immo check during startup.

Street or track bike?
Old November 15th, 2019, 11:56 AM   #11

To the engine I just did basic stuff, changed the belts, spark plugs, and changed the clutch hub, pressure plate etc... I was gonna try to do the valve clearance while the engine was out but I’m gonna leave that for later, “I know it would’ve been easier to do while it was out” lol

I’m building it to be a street bike, I changed the triple tree bearings for the roller bearing upgrade.

So I think it’s a good idea to go and get that key code than, I think the ECU that came with the bike was flashed, I don’t get the SBK msg on the display, I get a “1098 racing”. So from what I’m understanding the ecu has nothing to do with the cluster? The cluster is paired with the key only right? If I get that key code I can bypass that IMO and I should be good to go in theory? Lol
Old November 21st, 2019, 09:14 AM   #12

Curious about the "1098 Racing" That should be a factory racing ecu. Your exhaust has no servo, right? What diameter is the exhaust 50mm or 70mm?

All the key signals and codes are managed by the head unit. That may be obvious to most but it was not to me.

Great project! Humble advice. Replace the fuel connections with new. Replace fuel pump lines, and filter inside tank. Clean all the starter, fuse, cable, solenoid, and battery contacts now. Coat with Dielectric Grease. Have the TPS adjusted as quickly as you can after build. Never leave on a cold engine.

Also I love the custom roller stand!
parrish37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2019, 04:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish37 View Post
Curious about the "1098 Racing" That should be a factory racing ecu. Your exhaust has no servo, right? What diameter is the exhaust 50mm or 70mm?

All the key signals and codes are managed by the head unit. That may be obvious to most but it was not to me.

Great project! Humble advice. Replace the fuel connections with new. Replace fuel pump lines, and filter inside tank. Clean all the starter, fuse, cable, solenoid, and battery contacts now. Coat with Dielectric Grease. Have the TPS adjusted as quickly as you can after build. Never leave on a cold engine.

Also I love the custom roller stand!

Hey there, I don’t know the size of the exhaust but I know it’s a full on Leo Vince exhaust, and there’s no servo.

And I made sure to do all those things you told be, I changed the fuel connectors, lines, cleaned everything up, not I didn’t adjust the TPS yet, I just got my keys and key code yesterday, so I fired up for the first time and it’s running great, but I have one issue, if I put the code it bypasses it the IMMO, but when I turn ignition off and back on I gotta put the code again, I guess the keys are not programmed, not sure.

The skate board stand did the job, Hahahaha, I just bought a triple tree stand right now so it’s much better to work on her, I’m getting close to the end of the build, I’ll post some pictures in a couple of days, and thank you for the advices guys!
Old November 28th, 2019, 02:33 AM   #14

You just used the temporary bypass procedure.

[ATTACH]key code procedure[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: pdf MC-10140276-9999.pdf (2.03 MB, 13 views)