1098 Track Bike Blues - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2020, 04:02 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

1098 Track Bike Blues

My track ride for the last few years developed a a bad vibration at the last track session ... finally was able to tear it down. One rod bearing was absolutely knackered. Anyone use Ben Fox lately? His website seems kinda stale, wasn't sure if was still active? Would like to save the rod if possible. Likely just find a new crank.
Attached Images

DesmoAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old March 5th, 2020, 11:18 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Sorry to hear that man , that's one of my biggest fears is knowing at some point while riding on the track that the bottom end may not survive. Did this bike at anytime have a crash where it was running on its's side for any period of time?
lextech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2020, 12:54 PM   #3
Court Jester

Call / email Mark at the ducshop he will take care of you. This is a known issue in our bikes especially if tracked.
Old March 7th, 2020, 11:11 AM   #4

hadn't thought of calling Mark ... just really need the cranked dealt with and rods reconditioned if possible. The challenge is that if I start getting towards a full on rebuild, a new bike may start to make more sense.
Old March 7th, 2020, 11:12 AM   #5

It was a used engine to me, so dont know where it really came from. The right thing to do would have been a full tear down. But got jammed up on time etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextech View Post
Sorry to hear that man , that's one of my biggest fears is knowing at some point while riding on the track that the bottom end may not survive. Did this bike at anytime have a crash where it was running on its's side for any period of time?