Ducati.org forum banner

What do you drive when you can't ride?

141K views 608 replies 252 participants last post by  Knutsonbm 
#1 ·
Pics of your cars!

So, I gather Ducati owners tend to have some pretty cool cars. I love my '08 Aveo5. Post your pics.

See less See more
#36 ·
Hey everyone, thought I would post here quick even though i'm not officially a Duc rider yet. But, I do plan on picking up a heavily modded '01 748 very soon. But here is my ride. It's my 1986 Pontiac Fiero SS. I bought it a few years back bone stock and I've done everything myself including the Corvette Z06 brakes which I just finished up this spring. Unfortunatley, I just grenaded my transaxle last week so I think its down for the summer until I can build a beefier replacement. But here are some pics and a link to my cardomain site for more. Motor is a 350 small block chevy crate motor with some warm up stuff done to it. Power at the crank is 375hp and 400 lb ft. and a weight of 2850 lbs. with a full tank. What do you think?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330605/5

#39 ·
FieroSS...I used to have an 85GT Fiero. It was always my dream to drop an LS1 in that thing, but I needed something with a trunk, good gas mileage, and storage space for doing travel respiratory therapy. Kudos to you for having a V8 Fiero...a monster sleeper. Very cool.

#43 · (Edited)
Kingy,

I agree with you on the "need" part of the new Camaro. However, I think I'll wait a year or two (till the kinks are worked out) and then go back to The MidWest, where it is much cheaper, to buy my car. The only sad thing about that Camaro is that they're going to overprice it AGAIN, which is why it died in the first place. Ditto for that last GTO. They just don't get it at GM.

By the way, what is that car that you have? I can't figure it out!

#44 ·
Kingy,

I agree with you on the "need" part of the new Camaro. However, I think I'll wait a year or two (till the kinks are worked out) and then go back to The MidWest, where it is much cheaper, to buy my car. The only sad thing about that Camaro is that they're going to overprice it AGAIN, which is why it died in the first place. Ditto for that last GTO. They just don't get it at GM.

By the way, what is that car that you have? I can't figure it out!
ok i have something to say about this. i had a 1969 chevy camaro yes it was very over priced but i did not have a single fault anywhere with the car it was awesome. i see you got one as well? also when you say gto do you mean this?

Attachments

#47 ·
I guarantee the camaro, when released, will look pretty different from the concept version (above).

Little things like the hood scoop, fender flares etc might not make it to production and that's what will kill it. Plus, everyone is going to buy one just like the new mustang.

I was excited when I first seen it because it is indeed a beauty of a car, but it won't be exotic enough to enjoy.

#48 ·
Kingy, from Oz I take it by the pic of the Ute you have... very nice looking indeed, wish they'd sell them here in the US.

Car? I don't have a car anymore, just the Duc. Wife has an 04' Caddy Escalade she lets me cage around in when I absolutely positively cannot ride the bike.

#52 ·
Kingy, I'm sure they'll have a RHD version. If you check ou this month's edition of R&T, they mention that Holden is greatly responsible for the car's development as it's derived from their Zeta platform. Also, the answer to the engine question is solved there, too. The SS version will have the LS3 6.2L and they expect it to push about 400HP. A year later, there are plans to introduce the Z28 Model with a supercharged 6.2L sibling to the ZR1's motor the LS9. They're calling it the LSA. You're looking at 480-500HP. They're also thinking of changing the intro motor to a turbo 4 banger found in the HHR SS. Again, this is all according to Road and Track.

#53 ·
Kingy, I'm sure they'll have a RHD version. If you check ou this month's edition of R&T, they mention that Holden is greatly responsible for the car's development as it's derived from their Zeta platform. Also, the answer to the engine question is solved there, too. The SS version will have the LS3 6.2L and they expect it to push about 400HP. A year later, there are plans to introduce the Z28 Model with a supercharged 6.2L sibling to the ZR1's motor the LS9. They're calling it the LSA. You're looking at 480-500HP. They're also thinking of changing the intro motor to a turbo 4 banger found in the HHR SS. Again, this is all according to Road and Track.
yeah the thing will be a beast i mean the z28 that thing would be the ultimate track car and daily driver:devilsmok

#56 ·
Baaaahhh! The new camaro, vette, viper, charger, challenger, mustangs are all P.O.S. North America never made a real sports car IMO. They can't handle worth a shit, they don't brake worth a shit, and they do nothing but guzzel gas. Put anyone of those pieces of shit on a track next to a real car (German, British, Italian, or Japanese) and they would all get there asses kicked. The only real sports car that was ever made in north America was the GT40. Other then that they Al suck. A sports car is suppose to handle, brake, and accelerate good. Not just accelerate and go in a straight line. And any of you should know your selves that if you put an M3 or a skyline GTR on a race track next to any of those new cars they would get licked pretty good. Sorry if I have offended anyone I just can't stand the no replacement for displacement line, or that simple minded "my car has a bigger engine" line. That's crap. And nascar is not real racing. Nascar sucks! Thanks for your time to read my venting. I had a shitty night at work lol. And for the record I am in to late 60s early 70s mopars.

#57 ·
ok i can kinda get wer your coming from. but then you contradict yourself and say you like mopars??? it is a good thing to have cars like the new camaro, vette, viper, charger, challenger and mustangs to give real enthusiests something for the next generation.

come on man lighten up these cars are truly great. they are the ultimate in drivers cars for enjoyment. also one more thing...

look at the people that drive the cars you think are good skyline gtr now i love these cars but the majority of people that drive them are young kids with ecne. now there is no such thing as a british car they tend to get other countries to make them for them and then say its theres. the m3 now i like them also but dam man the guys that drive them are mostly up themselves (no affence to anyone that owns them)
:blah:
ok so the moral of the story is, leave the muscle cars alone. they really are love by anyone that drives them. and real enthusiest would back me up on that

#58 ·
Oh yeah. But the tru muscle car is gone. That's why I like the old mopars. There are no real muscle cars anymore IMO. And the cars I mentioned are just good all round performers. There is a place in the market for new American sports cars but them being fun on a track???? I think frustrating would be a better word. But yeah you have very good points. I just usually have a harsh way of goin about things lol

#59 ·
I agree partially. I hate vipers, 8L to get 500hp? That's just disgusting. Look at the BMW M V10. 5 litres, 500 hp. That's true engineering.

The vette z06 is a step forward, I can pull a full g+ in a corner, which is pretty impressive for an american muscle car. Not to mention it roars like a monster, can't get that through jap crap. Not to mention I'd rather walk than drive a skyline.

#591 · (Edited)
You mean like my M6?

Plus my project 300ZX car, 9.5 years now and 17 years of ownership. It's nice to have a good truck in Idaho, USA. Whether plowing thru snow or heading to higher elevations there's always a good place to shoot my guns.

Attachments

#61 ·
BigCheese, umm...switch to decaf and revisit performance specs for not only the Z06, but the base Vette. They ARE true sports cars and umm...you don't have to pay some ridiculous amount of money for them, either.

The lines on new muscle such as the Camaro and Challenger are beautiful. And um...since you like old Mopars, how about checking out the new Challenger's numbers in this month's R&T in comparison to the 1970? I think you'll be suprised. These cars aren't crap as you say-they are filling a void for many of us who prefer an American product.

And for the record, you need to do VERY LITTLE to an F-Body Camaro to make it handle very well. I should know. I drive one of those "POS" Camaros you mentioned...quite happily, I might add.

Attachments

#63 ·
No I'm not a miata fan. And I don't drink coffee. And iroc stands for international race of champions. I would know because my second car was an 86 iroc. I'm not just blabbing I do have experience with these cars. And I'm not a neon light Jap car fan but I have owned two just because they are a cheap way to have the performance of a super car for a quarter the cost. If you go with a supra, skyline etc. I had a 74 dart sport with a 340p and that car was awesome, it was the feeling I got when I drove it. I test drove a new charger RT and thought it was crap. They ruined that car. And just for the record I think my skyline was the ugliest car produced. But I have never been behind the wheel of anything that felt that good. I mean what a machine. My camaro rumbled and stuff but it was boring to drive. And even with the vette coming a long way. I'm willing to put money on it my little 2.6 liter GTR would be right on a vettes ass or right in front one on a race track. And every car should put out at least 100hp per liter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.