Voltage Regulator Symptoms????? - Page 4 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:12 AM   #46

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa11er98S View Post
If the recall hasn't been done then it should be free for you.

If they already replaced it once or you are outside of warranty (and they won't good will you the part), it is VERY easy to install so you don't have to pay the dealer to install it. As long as you have a hex head/allen key set then you can do it yourself in 10 mins.
You don't have a few pics or diagrams lying around ? Made myself a bracket to move the regulator away +_ 10mm from the original mounting , also had to space the ecu to make the regulator fit in its new location . . . sound right ?????
Duke916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:44 PM   #47

No ducatis in the registry

Hello there, I have a 2007 Ducati 1098 (have it since new) and I'm running into the same problem over and over. Just wondering if any of you have the same thing and how to solve it. Well here it goes:
1. a while back I was riding my back when out of the sudden the headlights went completely out. I cut off the engine and re-started and nothing. When I got home I check if it was the fuse, but this time the fuse was fine. I kept looking and looking to see if a cable was loose, but couldn't find anything at all. Finally I gave up and took it to a Ducati dealership and they said it was the Headlight relay. They replaced it and problem was solved. Thumbs up for this, but....

2. in another ride, the same thing happened, my lights went out again within 2 months. So my first thought was, well the relay again, but before I ordered a new one a check the fuses. This time was the fuse in was blown. I replaced it and problem solved, but....

3. then again, started my bike to warm it up and I notice the head lights were out. SO I checked the fuses and again fuse was blown, replaced it, but then every time the fuse kept blowing. I replaced the relay again just in case was a fault relay, but it was not. Now every time I start the bike it blows the fuse bang head Angry. I don't know what it is...Does anybody have gone thru the same problem? If so, how did you fix it? Appreciate any input.

(extrella04 @ yahoo . com)
e3xtrella04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:36 PM   #48

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S Tri-Color]

I have doubts that it could be corrosion in a plug given the fact that they are water/weatherproof,but you might want to take a peek just to be sure...or even a loose connection.
Mrs INFLUX likes this.
martinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:32 PM   #49

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Have you checked the headlight globes ? Sometimes when the fillament breaks it can make contact with the other end and work for awhile, if the fillament makes contact at less than the full length of the loose end it will draw more current causing the fuse to blow . You can also check burnt wiring at the lamp or bare connectors that can posibly touch each other when you go through a bump
Duke916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinc View Post
I have doubts that it could be corrosion in a plug given the fact that they are water/weatherproof,but you might want to take a peek just to be sure...or even a loose connection.
The headlight connector plugs are prone to looseness and corrosion imo.
Mrs INFLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #51
s77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa11er98S View Post
If the recall hasn't been done then it should be free for you.

If they already replaced it once or you are outside of warranty (and they won't good will you the part), it is VERY easy to install so you don't have to pay the dealer to install it. As long as you have a hex head/allen key set then you can do it yourself in 10 mins.
I have the VR issues, and I noticed pressing the bright light button (not the switch) stops the issue. I also noticed that pushing the button, holding it, flipping the brights switch and then releasing solves it.

However my battery won't hold a charge. It is four years old, but if the VR overcharges and breaks Pb batteries, I really would love to know - and if not, that too. Thx!
s77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 11:48 AM   #52

So is there a recall on the 09 1198 for VR ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeffm3990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 12:06 PM   #53

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S Tri-Color]

All VR goes tits up due to crappy stator plug design; they all eventually melt due to being too low quality and loose connections.

I got rid of my problem by hardwiring the rectifier to the stator. Wires are healthy looking (not that it gets used a lot but I used it long enough on a few 600miles rides back when I did it)
jeffm3990 likes this.
martinc is offline   Reply With Quote