ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts (https://www.ducati.org/forums/)
-   1098/1198 (https://www.ducati.org/forums/1098-1198/)
-   -   Wanting to mod.... YOU POPLE ARE SENDING ME BROKE (https://www.ducati.org/forums/1098-1198/12387-wanting-mod-you-pople-sending-me-broke.html)

nin01 March 7th, 2009 10:59 AM

Wanting to mod.... YOU POPLE ARE SENDING ME BROKE

I have had my fair share of Cars and a few Bikes always running them completely stock standard. God forbid me even wanting to change bald tires on some of my cars (of course i did in the end).

Now it comes to my 1098. Definitely the most expensive bike i have ever owned, the most exciting and by far the best looking.
Why do i feel compelled to modify it ?
My list of mods is relatively small in comparison to most of your bikes. It looks fairly stock but my "urge" keeps getting stronger and stronger, i want this and i want that.
I see, brake levers, rear sets, bar ends (lets face it.. the stock 1's look like plastic nipples), countless pieces of carbon fibre, mirror extenders, Dzus kit, windshield and the more i see the more i want.
You guys really are sending me broke, i didn't know that modding could be soo fun. I see all pic of your bikes and just want more.
Thanx

My small list of mods...

Personalized registration
Fender Eliminator (Res'art)
Rego tube
CF Rear Hugger (emotouk)
Ergal Open Clutch cover with 1098 engraved on it
Red pressure plate/ stainless steel clutch springs and black caps
Leo Vince Carbon slip on (still waiting for them to arrive)

I need to take some more pics. All my pics are pre-mods, except for the rego.

monoog March 7th, 2009 11:09 AM

It ain't gonna get any better. Know how you feel. After every purchase I say that's it, and then I find something new that HAS to be replaced. Cheaper than spending money on women and then a divorce. I love my bike more anyways.

Enjoy

64galaxie427 March 7th, 2009 11:16 AM

I agree. I have never owned something that I have continously upgraded like my Ducati. You can pretty much replace every factory part with an aftermarket one. Well worth it though IMO.

nin01 March 8th, 2009 10:58 PM

hahaa.. i knw.

GoCaseyGo March 9th, 2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monoog (Post 145707)
It ain't gonna get any better. Know how you feel. After every purchase I say that's it, and then I find something new that HAS to be replaced. Cheaper than spending money on women and then a divorce. I love my bike more anyways.

Enjoy

I just spent $60K on a divorce. My 1098S still hasn't forgiven me.

DoctorDucati January 3rd, 2011 07:11 AM

My bike is a filthy whore that sucks me dry, but I lover more than anything else. I work myself to the bone to buy her pretty jewels and trinkets to make her prettier. And yes my girlfriends are jealous of my 1098...both of them.

finepooch January 3rd, 2011 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hahahaha, i feel it too.

i ordered rearsets this morning. less than a minute later i was looking for the next thing to buy.

my 1098 came with a dp cf front fender. i wanted a red front fender so i bought an oem red front to replace it!!!:conveyer:

horwitzs January 3rd, 2011 10:51 AM

The classified section is your friend!
I've been able to do all my mods at probably near half the price of new. Plenty of used parts that are still in great shape out there.

dyanez7847 February 3rd, 2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finepooch (Post 420517)
hahahaha, i feel it too.

i ordered rearsets this morning. less than a minute later i was looking for the next thing to buy.

my 1098 came with a dp cf front fender. i wanted a red front fender so i bought an oem red front to replace it!!!:conveyer:

What did you do with the Carbon fender?

chadm800 February 3rd, 2011 12:53 PM

I totally understand. I have not even seen my new bike yet and have about $3000 worth of parts on my want list.

dyanez7847 February 3rd, 2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadm800 (Post 426932)
I totally understand. I have not even seen my new bike yet and have about $3000 worth of parts on my want list.

Same here, bought an '11 1198 (to be picked up in March/April) and I already have my basement full of parts!

EL Twin February 3rd, 2011 11:51 PM

It's a lot like having a fine mistress...... The way she looks and the way she makes you feel when you ride her is so overwhelming that the desire to buy her nice things becomes irresistable.:p Mine has milked me of over 15k so far. :o

indyjoel February 4th, 2011 12:00 AM

I guess I am the only super tight ass
My 1098s is stock as stock and I like it like that

At least that's what I keep telling myself

garrettjkubiak February 4th, 2011 12:07 AM

My upgrades:
Rizoma - Bar Ends, Lux Grips, Pressure Plate, Clutch Cover
Oberon - 30mm Clutch Slave
CRG - Folding levers
Lightech - Folding Track System Rearsets
Speedy Moto - Frame sliders, axel sliders
Puig - DB Tinted Wind Screen
DDM - Digital HID systems for Hi and Low beam
Termignoni - Slip on system
DP - Superpole seat(still on the way)

And lets not forget the Bell Star Helmet, photochromic lens, Dainese racing pelle jacket, dainese racing titanium gloves, Sidi Vortice air boots, Dainese quito boots, Dainese Race suit, Girlfriends Dainese Jacket and glovers, Girlfriends Bell Star helmet. Fuck!

And all of this since I bought the bike in July!!!!! What I'm saying man is don't start! Your bank account will hate you!!!! :mad: