2008 1098 with 200hp - Page 19 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #271

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Just when I thought I couldn't love Vyrus any more than I already do.

I know Tom Cruise got the first 1098 powered Vyrus, wonder if he's claimed this one too?

Comes with a three year unlimited km warranty too.
raptuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:18 PM   #272

ducatis in the registry:
[916 SPS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptuous View Post
Just when I thought I couldn't love Vyrus any more than I already do.

Comes with a three year unlimited km warranty too.
Same here.

Bloody want to too @ $112K US - keep savin' the pennies.

brettc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #273

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I was just going to say, lottery winnings has me at their door.

Best link this month Brett, many thanks!

What the hell is with the one painted like the Duke boy's General Lee on the track day video?
raptuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 04:50 AM   #274

No ducatis in the registry

Hi All,
This my first post.
This has got to be the worst thread I have ever seen. Anywhere!

I can get 310whp for less than US$18,000 (1098s included) no swet.

Just need to figure out where to mount that second engine.
Give me a few months (a couple more if it snows) and I will have it done.

Yeh, Bullsh*t like the rest of this thread.

Cheers,
Rovy
Rovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:17 PM   #275

1997 HD Road King (sold)
1996 HD Heritage Nostalgia (sold)
1994 HD Fatboy (sold)
1976 HD Sporster (sold)
1995 Ninja 600 (sold)
JW1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:02 AM   #276

ducatis in the registry:
[1198]
[749 S]

WOW! sick, that must be fun to hang on to, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettc63 View Post
Well here's one you can buy tomorrow.

So it's not a 1098 but an 1198 - 211hp and weighs 339lb or 154kg

Supercharged Vyrus

lukeeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #277
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

did the guy get 200hp yet?.......
bowells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #278

ducatis in the registry:
[848]
[1198]

Bowells..... this thread is rediculous.... every 3-4 months it comes back up with the same question and this toolbox never replies....

needless to say... he HAS NOT DONE IT! and it won't be done! not by any of us, unless we have deeeeeeeeeeep pockets... and even then... it'll look like that debauchary in post #272.... it might have a lot of HP... but it's friggen UGLY!
2009 Ducati 848 Stolen...Burn in hell thieves!!!!
2000 Yamaha YZF R6
draven848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #279
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven848 View Post
Bowells..... this thread is rediculous.... every 3-4 months it comes back up with the same question and this toolbox never replies....

needless to say... he HAS NOT DONE IT! and it won't be done! not by any of us, unless we have deeeeeeeeeeep pockets... and even then... it'll look like that debauchary in post #272.... it might have a lot of HP... but it's friggen UGLY!
Hey Draven whats up man...great 2 hear from you..
i have never seen people on this forum argue like this ...wow....

Still makes 4 great reading material....Never have i seen such swash-buckling fiascoes
....most interesting tom foolery ahead no doubt ...

Last edited by bowells; June 12th, 2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #280

ducatis in the registry:
[916 SPS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven848 View Post
.......... and even then... it'll look like that debauchary in post #272.... it might have a lot of HP... but it's friggen UGLY!
Your taste is in your ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowells View Post
i have never seen people on this forum argue like this ...wow...........
....most interesting tom foolery ahead no doubt ...
Just passionately sharing opinions

brettc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #281
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettc63 View Post
Your taste is in your ass

Just passionately sharing opinions
If this much be it the truth....let thee games continue sires....

Last edited by bowells; June 12th, 2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:19 AM   #282

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 R]

We'll help you out if you start using paragraphs in your posts.
markthebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:33 AM   #283

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKroeber View Post
Hi everybody,
I'm new to this forum. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and have decided that upon my arrival home I'm going treat myself to a new (maybe used) toy as a reward for not getting killed over here...lol.
I stared out on a 06' GSXR600, road that for a few years, had a blast, but I had a few close calls and decided to quite while I was ahead. Figured I'd slow myself down a little and buy a "big kid bike".. So I went Harley shopping and bought an 07' Night Rod Special, which let me be clear I have absolutely no regrets about. I can't have a toy with a motor and not wrench on it, it's in my blood.. And this one is a Harley after all.. So I did a bunch of work on it.. And lastly.. I supercharged the piss out of it.. Now I'm pushing 184rwhp.. The hoe handles better than any Harley I've ever ridden and the power is incredible, I've taken it to the strip a few times etc.
Unfortunately.. I've still got the itch.. While it handles better than any standard Harley, it doesn't hold a candle to that of a sport bike.. So I've decided I need a sport bike too. I also decided I need to invest in something a bit more refined than a Jap bike, thus I found myself falling in love on Ducati's web site. I hope to join your ranks upon my return from the fight, I've only got one issue. If it's not apparent from the. Above statement.. Having built a daily driver 1130cc Harley that's pushing around 200hp at the crank..I'm a bit of a performance junky. So when upon this forum I started reading your posts as a silent observer..and eventually searched "turbo" and to my suprise found nothing save this thread (which let me say was pretty amusing, though I was surprised to find such hostility amongst fellow riders).
So in my understanding, nobody has turbo or supercharged a duke? I know the power is already more than sufficient unless your trying to get to the moon..but that's not he point. I can't have a superbike with less power than my cruiser..that's just not gonna fly.
I was looking at the S1000RR.. But they're just so ugly I couldn't bring myself to do it. The Dukes are sexy but I can't afford the $60,000 model..lol
What's the most yo can squeeze out of nan 1198 with the available mods, ecu, exhaust, cams? I'm new here, any help?
Ahoy!! I too am currently in the asshole of the world...Where are you at? Wolverine here...

Anyway, to your question...the reason behind no one putting a turbo/super charger on a Ducati, is simple. THEY RIDE ONE, and realize that the power between their legs is enough to not HAVE to turbo charge. I own an 1198S and believe me...you dont need more. It already has enough power to break the rear tire off the ground at launch, and if you can keep the rear tire planted, then GOOD LUCK keeping the front tire down. The factory L-twin 1198 motor already produces 170 hp at the crank. Which equals close to 150 rwhp. give or take STOCK.

That also equals a 0-60 time of around 2.4 seconds. That will smoke the $300,000+ Lambo...

ALSO, there are VERY few people that are willing to turn a Ducati into a strait line drag bike...they are out there, but why use a $20,000+ bike to do what a $13,000 Hayabusa is engineered to do?

The Ducati is literally a WSBK (World Super Bike) that has been made street legal with lights. The whole point of the Ducati isn't to stretch it and lower it to make it faster down a drag strip. The dynamics that Ducati has put into racing and ergonomics of their SUSPENSION is what makes a Duc, a Duc. The ability to take that corner faster then the other bike is what makes a Ducati so amazing. Then having the torque and low down launch to beat the others out of the turn...(note the I4's do have much faster top speeds) but in the world of racing that Ducati is built for...there are more turns then there are straits...

It is not impossible to reach the 200hp number, but you better be looking to spend well over that $60,000 you can't afford...pro MotoGP racers reach these numbers; average joe shmo's like you and I don't.

Good luck brother! Hope we both make it back safe!! I also have a redheaded slut to wrench on when I get back home.
You can't buy a Ducati lawnmower, jetski or trombone.
Wa11er98S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:47 AM   #284

Send a message via AIM to CKroeber
Exclamation

Hi everybody,
I'm new to this forum. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and have decided that upon my arrival home I'm going treat myself to a new (maybe used) toy as a reward for not getting killed over here...lol.
I started out on a 06' GSXR600. I road that for a few years and had a blast, but I had a few close calls and decided to quit while I was ahead. I figured I'd slow myself down a little and buy a "big kid bike".. So I went Harley shopping and bought an 07' Night Rod Special, which let me be clear I have absolutely no regrets about. I personally can't have a toy with a motor and not wrench on it, it's in my blood.. And this one is a Harley after all.. so I did a bunch of work on it.. And lastly.. I supercharged the piss out of it.. Now I'm pushing 184rwhp.. The V-Rod (with some suspension improvements) handles better than any Harley I've ever ridden. The was the most Harley has stock to begin with, but now power is incredible. I've taken it to the strip a few times, though I'm no pro (hope to get more into that when I get back too).
Unfortunately.. I've still got the itch.. While it handles better than any standard Harley, it doesn't hold a candle to that of a sport bike, so I've decided I need a sport bike too. I also decided I need to invest in something a bit more refined than a Jap bike, thus I found myself falling in love on Ducati's web site. I hope to join your ranks upon my return from the fight, I've only got one issue. If it's not brutally obvious from the above statements..having built a daily driver 1130cc Harley that's pushing around 200hp at the crank..I'm a bit of a performance junky. So I started reading your posts as a silent observer..then searched for performance mods, and eventually * "turbo", and to my surprise found nothing save this thread (which let me say was pretty amusing, though I was surprised to find such hostility amongst fellow riders).
So in my understanding, nobody has turbo or supercharged a Ducati? I know the power is already more than sufficient unless your trying to get to the moon..but that's not he point. I can't have a superbike with less power than my cruiser..that's just not gonna fly.*
I was looking at the S1000RR...but they're just so ugly I couldn't bring myself to do it. The Dukes are sexy but I can't afford the $60,000 model..lol So what's the most you can squeeze out of an 1198 with the available mods, ecu, exhaust, cams? I'm new here, any help?
06'GSXR600 - Sold
CKroeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:47 AM   #285

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 R]

Did I just see that?........twice?
markthebike is offline   Reply With Quote