2008 1098 with 200hp - Page 20 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:01 AM   #286
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

We'll help you out if you start using paragraphs in your posts.
wilkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:03 AM   #287

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 R]

Good point.
markthebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:07 AM   #288

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 R]

Again.
markthebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:09 AM   #289

No ducatis in the registry

Send a message via AIM to CKroeber
Wa11er- I'm near JAF near the Pakistan border. Thanks for the insight, I know I get a little ahead of myself sometimes. You made some very good points. The whole reason I want to get back on a sportbike is because I miss/love laying into curves on a nice twisty road.. No real use for 200hp there.. I guess taking my Harley to the track got me a little to into the raw power straight line mentality. Maybe down the road a bit I'll pick up a salvage titled Busa and get silly with it, but for now I've got my straight line rocket (over)Power-Cruiser and need a canyon carver.
      I apologize to everyone about the crappy format of my posts and for having double posted up there, but all I've currently got to work with is my iPhone and spotty reception.. Afghanistan isn't exactly the land of 3G cell service and wi-fi hot spots..lol
    I was reading a review on the 2010 1198S, and the author made a pretty funny statement. He said "using the 1198S as a streetbike is like using a fine scotch as paint thinner"... This got me to wondering, should I really spring for the S model..? I'd love to take it to the track here and there, but it's primarily going to be a weekend rider street bike, maybe commute to work etc (don't worry it's a short ride). Am I ever going to really make use of the upgraded suspension and DTS? Is the DTS worth the extra money? I read that it makes the power much easier keep under control.
    I'm looking forward to joining you guys as a Ducati owner and maybe I'll even ride with some of you someday.
06'GSXR600 - Sold
CKroeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 02:36 AM   #290

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKroeber View Post
Wa11er- I'm near JAF near the Pakistan border. Thanks for the insight, I know I get a little ahead of myself sometimes. You made some very good points. The whole reason I want to get back on a sportbike is because I miss/love laying into curves on a nice twisty road.. No real use for 200hp there.. I guess taking my Harley to the track got me a little to into the raw power straight line mentality. Maybe down the road a bit I'll pick up a salvage titled Busa and get silly with it, but for now I've got my straight line rocket (over)Power-Cruiser and need a canyon carver.
I apologize to everyone about the crappy format of my posts and for having double posted up there, but all I've currently got to work with is my iPhone and spotty reception.. Afghanistan isn't exactly the land of 3G cell service and wi-fi hot spots..lol
I was reading a review on the 2010 1198S, and the author made a pretty funny statement. He said "using the 1198S as a streetbike is like using a fine scotch as paint thinner"... This got me to wondering, should I really spring for the S model..? I'd love to take it to the track here and there, but it's primarily going to be a weekend rider street bike, maybe commute to work etc (don't worry it's a short ride). Am I ever going to really make use of the upgraded suspension and DTS? Is the DTS worth the extra money? I read that it makes the power much easier keep under control.
I'm looking forward to joining you guys as a Ducati owner and maybe I'll even ride with some of you someday.
The 1198S is not a great bike to go slow on...it is very hot in traffic, lugs a little in the lower RPM's (two big pistons beat you up at very low speeds in places like parking lots) but when you are actually using it to carve through canyons, or riding it for what it is built for then it is hard to beat.

I bought the 2010 1198S and have had no regrets thus far. As far as DTC, I went to a CSS (California Superbike School) class and turned the DTC on for that. When street riding I usually go without TC.

The upgraded Ohlins suspension on the other hand is awesome, and well worth the extra dough. Plus the lighter forged rims.

If you have the money I would say pick up the 2010 1198S in White (if you can find one). Sexy looking bike! Or you could be like me, and go red because it is a Duc. Good luck!
You can't buy a Ducati lawnmower, jetski or trombone.
Wa11er98S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2010, 06:51 AM   #291

http://www.spoonvalleyracing.se/page11.html

Last edited by denali804; August 1st, 2010 at 07:09 AM.
denali804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 02:32 AM   #292

Send a message via AIM to CKroeber
I apologize for highjacking this thread, this convo has been continued in "184hp+ 1198?" which I posted around the same time but got a much different responce, both valid. Thanks again.
06'GSXR600 - Sold
CKroeber is offline   Reply With Quote