!150! miles NEW - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2007, 03:03 AM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Thumbs up !150! miles NEW

I just rode her home from Modesto Ducati and out 150 miles on her. WOW. I was amused by the folks @ the hypermotard intro who would walk by my bike that read "SOLD" and watch them react to my Black 1098s. They would go "Man, I would get this one" or "It's looks badass in black" I would just wink @ the dealers everytime it (blk1098s) would get commented on.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

Deceptively fast, 6000 rpm in 6th gear equals 107 mph. A lot of vibration when you accelerate gently, she prefers a fist full of throttle in 6th. Brakes aren't really strong, they're amazingly strong. I thought I was riding my 2k zx-6r for a second and pulled the brake lever as if it was....I almost launched my ass and the 1098s' ass into the air. They are truly POWERFUL....one finger is enough; two fingers you will pull a stoppie.
More comfortable than I've read, no soreness except my right hand seems unaccustomed to the angle of the bar and the clutch gets heavy if you hold her in too long...I am not looking forward to heavy traffic and excessive clutching.
She stalls from a stop if you don't feed her some gas to fill those elliptical GP throttle bodies.
It gets attention from Dads with their kids, kids walk by and want to touch it, and the girls think it's nice and sweet from the right side since you don't see the swingarm.
Lastly, that exhaust is really, I mean really hot. I mean, I rode around town to get used to her and I could feel the heat on my right hamstring. When I parked her after some hotdoggin....the oils or whatever is on my stock exhaust cans was smokin. I wonder how the tailsection keeps from melting.
Oh one more thing, the trunk can hold maybe a bag of M&M's and a capri-sun. It's is really tiny plus if you put the Data Acquistion in, you cut out about 1/4 of the trunk right there.

I LOVE THIS BIKE....wait; it's not just a bike, it's a Ducati.

Last edited by djzblk1098s; July 1st, 2007 at 03:08 AM.
djzblk1098s is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 1st, 2007, 06:16 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Haven't seen any black 1098's downunder yet. "I LOVE THIS BIKE..." and it just keeps getting better. Enjoy.

Some pics would be appreciated.

Last edited by DuanneB; July 1st, 2007 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Pix
DuanneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:44 AM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Pictures are forthcoming as soon as I can upload them from the digi-camera.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 05:45 PM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

I was a black one over the weekend. Much better then I thought. I just wish the S didn't have all that gold.
Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:22 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Here are the pics, enjoy!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:38 AM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S Tri-Color]
[1198]

Congrads. I had a chance to see a black S at Pro Italia's shop over the weekend. It has Termi and the carbon fiber look really adds to the bike. The carbon fiber texture mixed with the black scheme give it sort of a very high tech, experimental fighter plane look.
Allan Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 12:07 PM   #7

No ducatis in the registry

Look'n good brother, now just gotta ditch all those stickers and reflectors

Ben Franklin

Ten-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 12:08 PM   #8

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I agree totally with the exhaust heat and twisting her when taking off.

Jason
Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:32 PM   #9

No ducatis in the registry

Hey

don't complain...at least you HAVE a trunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djzblk1098s
I just rode her home from Modesto Ducati and out 150 miles on her. WOW. I was amused by the folks @ the hypermotard intro who would walk by my bike that read "SOLD" and watch them react to my Black 1098s. They would go "Man, I would get this one" or "It's looks badass in black" I would just wink @ the dealers everytime it (blk1098s) would get commented on.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

Deceptively fast, 6000 rpm in 6th gear equals 107 mph. A lot of vibration when you accelerate gently, she prefers a fist full of throttle in 6th. Brakes aren't really strong, they're amazingly strong. I thought I was riding my 2k zx-6r for a second and pulled the brake lever as if it was....I almost launched my ass and the 1098s' ass into the air. They are truly POWERFUL....one finger is enough; two fingers you will pull a stoppie.
More comfortable than I've read, no soreness except my right hand seems unaccustomed to the angle of the bar and the clutch gets heavy if you hold her in too long...I am not looking forward to heavy traffic and excessive clutching.
She stalls from a stop if you don't feed her some gas to fill those elliptical GP throttle bodies.
It gets attention from Dads with their kids, kids walk by and want to touch it, and the girls think it's nice and sweet from the right side since you don't see the swingarm.
Lastly, that exhaust is really, I mean really hot. I mean, I rode around town to get used to her and I could feel the heat on my right hamstring. When I parked her after some hotdoggin....the oils or whatever is on my stock exhaust cans was smokin. I wonder how the tailsection keeps from melting.
Oh one more thing, the trunk can hold maybe a bag of M&M's and a capri-sun. It's is really tiny plus if you put the Data Acquistion in, you cut out about 1/4 of the trunk right there.

NewDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:02 PM   #10

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Yeah I am pulling off the stickers and reflectors next, getting a Corse carbon tank pad, and eventually an exhaust. Does anyone know if an exhaust other than Termi's would void the 2 yr warranty. Thanks brothers for the comments, keep em coming.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:31 PM   #11

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Nice Choice. I don't mind a little heat on the highway, but in stop n go traffic she'll burns you a$$ off. (almost like what's on FIRE).

Oh and she is a LUSH about every 75-100 miles, She needs a drink. Oh and yeah you have to give her gas, u know how women like the FAST LIFE.

Oh and if you like me and don't wanna stop riding her, she'll leave your wrist sore for days. (I still have no feeling in my pinky)

I Bet we can all agree, if she didn't stall so much right out the box, she be perfect.

Last edited by von1098; July 4th, 2007 at 10:15 PM.
von1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #12

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

I read in another thread that you were thinking that you were going to get a 2008 bike. So is it an 08 bike?

Quote:

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

R1d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:01 PM   #13

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

She's a 2007 model. The DMV paperwork shows 07. I really lucked out by recieving a heads up that Modesto had a black. The facts of my journey to get her starts with a deposit at a local Ducati dealership that never had any clue when or if the black would be delivered. Then I got a PM saying there was one in South Carolina and I called them and was about to put a deposit, but then I get a heads up about Plano, TX. I put down a deposit and was set to have her shipped. Finally, I got the Modesto lead and the wonderful folks of Modesto Duc put her on hold for me while I got all the financing done. So...to answer the question again...she's a brand spankin gorgeous and sexy 2007 supermodel. It's not just a bike, it's a Ducati. You know, your Rosso is hot R1d2
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:48 PM   #14

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

I also got my bike at Modesto. They are great people and I will definatly buy from them again. They told me that they are the 4 or 5th for Ducati sales in the US.

We should organize a 1098 Ducati meet one time since we are local to the Bay.

Quote:
She's a 2007 model. The DMV paperwork shows 07. I really lucked out by recieving a heads up that Modesto had a black. The facts of my journey to get her starts with a deposit at a local Ducati dealership that never had any clue when or if the black would be delivered. Then I got a PM saying there was one in South Carolina and I called them and was about to put a deposit, but then I get a heads up about Plano, TX. I put down a deposit and was set to have her shipped. Finally, I got the Modesto lead and the wonderful folks of Modesto Duc put her on hold for me while I got all the financing done. So...to answer the question again...she's a brand spankin gorgeous and sexy 2007 supermodel. It's not just a bike, it's a Ducati. You know, your Rosso is hot R1d2
R1d2 is offline   Reply With Quote