Ducati 1198 Microtec ecu dyno run. - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #16

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by markthebike View Post
Oz, Tony Sandwich's 1198 pulled about 163-164hp with full Termi system & ECU at Ducati City Dyno in Melbourne.
I hope Microtec hurry up and release the DTC version..
ozducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:34 PM   #17

No ducatis in the registry

The bike runs great. I would do it again. Ill be adding the autotune later on this month.
denali804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 03:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by denali804 View Post
This same bike that pulls 180 rwhp on this dyno, might pull 150 or 200 on someone elses dyno. You can take the same bike to 10 different dynos on the same day, same city and get 10 different readings. They are best to be used as tuning tools. Before and after mod runs done on same day same dyno. Don't get caught up in the numbers. Tune the bike to run as best as possible with the best rideability and take it out and ride the hell out of it.

+1.
I have been told the same thing by engine tuners also.
bstar360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #19

ducatis in the registry:
[848]
[1198]

I noticed at the bottom it says your SAE was 1.05.... what is that figure??

I had mine Dyno'd last week and it shows 0.99 at the bottom and I got a considerably lower value than you did. Granted my dyno run shows my bike SUPER rich mixture... like off the chart rich starting at 3500rpm all the way up through 9k rpm. biggest dip though is from 3500-6k rpms where its below 10 air/fuel ratio (whatever that means.... I have no clue what this shiz means). The tech basically told me I'm getting robbed out of a LOT of power because of this. after that dip, it stays rich from 6k all the way through the rev range at a ratio of 11.5 - 12. the dashed line on the chart that was given to me is where it's "supposed" to be.... and it's at a ratio of 13.

Our scanner here screwed the pooch of course so I'm going to have to take a ghetto cell phone pic when I get home if I have time and upload it. basically... my numbers show:

Max Power=144.38hp
Max Torque=80.28ft lbs.

I understand it's difficult without visual aid to have input so I apologize. I'm just a little concerned since I was hoping for at LEAST above 150hp......

I'm glad I found a place that would at least give me a printout for cheap..... can't beat $38......
2009 Ducati 848 Stolen...Burn in hell thieves!!!!
2000 Yamaha YZF R6
draven848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #20
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven848 View Post
I noticed at the bottom it says your SAE was 1.05.... what is that figure??

I had mine Dyno'd last week and it shows 0.99 at the bottom and I got a considerably lower value than you did. Granted my dyno run shows my bike SUPER rich mixture... like off the chart rich starting at 3500rpm all the way up through 9k rpm. biggest dip though is from 3500-6k rpms where its below 10 air/fuel ratio (whatever that means.... I have no clue what this shiz means). The tech basically told me I'm getting robbed out of a LOT of power because of this. after that dip, it stays rich from 6k all the way through the rev range at a ratio of 11.5 - 12. the dashed line on the chart that was given to me is where it's "supposed" to be.... and it's at a ratio of 13.

Our scanner here screwed the pooch of course so I'm going to have to take a ghetto cell phone pic when I get home if I have time and upload it. basically... my numbers show:

Max Power=144.38hp
Max Torque=80.28ft lbs.

I understand it's difficult without visual aid to have input so I apologize. I'm just a little concerned since I was hoping for at LEAST above 150hp......

I'm glad I found a place that would at least give me a printout for cheap..... can't beat $38......
hmm...i just dont believe the numbers...my bike was always damn quick...but now...its kinda scary throttle respond...i will give it some more time and km as soon i have a few days off for sure i will run the shit out of her...its just too bad that we dont have a dyno here...i really would love to see my numbers...the bike just performs like never before...a fucken mazing!!!
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #21

ducatis in the registry:
[848]
[1198]

oh yeah, I THOUGHT my bike ran like a CHAMP! lol. The throttle response is crazy and I don't feel the dip that's shown on the dyno but it's clear as day on there.....

I was under the assumption that the bikes ran 145hp stock...... I could be mistaken but that's what I thought. I know I only have a slipon and air filter but I figured it'd be a bit better than that....

It's probably an easy enough fix but like I said... I don't know enough about the numbers in the mapping to "change" stuff.....
2000 Yamaha YZF R6
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #22
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
oh yeah, I THOUGHT my bike ran like a CHAMP! lol. The throttle response is crazy and I don't feel the dip that's shown on the dyno but it's clear as day on there.....

I was under the assumption that the bikes ran 145hp stock...... I could be mistaken but that's what I thought. I know I only have a slipon and air filter but I figured it'd be a bit better than that....

It's probably an easy enough fix but like I said... I don't know enough about the numbers in the mapping to "change" stuff.....

well Draven..heads up mate...numbers are numbers and only numbers...the most important is how the bike feels like...i think you just should hook it up again and call Mark to guide you to the next level...the MT has almost endless posibilities though...
btw...i hope that dyno is kinda new instead of a leftover from Pearl Habour

eit...Den is the master in here and he offered me additional maps...just talk to him as well...

Last edited by Marlon; July 30th, 2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:36 AM   #23

I think that the map that Draven is using is one that I sent him from my bike, that I made using the auto tune device. The strange thing is that my bike runs strong everywhere in my rev range. The map is made to be no richer than 13.1 and no leaner than 13.8:1. The map also got rid of the strong smell of gas that I was getting all over my clothes when I went out for rides. Those smells started after ditching the stock cans and cats and adding the dp ecu. And the map was adjusted to help my bike start without cracking the throttle. The thing that boggles me a little is that I would think that anything richer than 10:1 would feel really soft and flat when you got on the gas. If you dont still have the map that was sent with the ecu for the 1198 I believe that I have it on my laptop and can send it to you. It should place all of your maps into a folder and you can pull them up once you press load and then mapping I believe. I don't have the program in front of me at the moment. Does the map feel better or worse performance wise compared to the map that was shipped in the ecu. I also sent the same map to someone with a full system and air filter and they said it was lean for their bike which I would expect because I only have slipons with stock air filter. Keep me posted and ill do whatever I can to try to help you. Im not a pro tuner but I do like to tinker. This goes to show that every bike has different requirements. Canned maps are only good at getting you in the ballpark.

Last edited by denali804; July 31st, 2010 at 08:39 AM.
denali804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:33 AM   #24

ducatis in the registry:
[848]
[1198]

Ok... finally got the pics done... sry for the delay.

I tried to upload them a bit ago and it crashed this PoS CPU lol so I had to restart.

I'm boggled by why it's running so rich since you and I have a very similar setup on the bikes, but like they say, no 2 bikes are the same.../shrug.

anywho... here are the printouts.
Attached Images

2000 Yamaha YZF R6
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:42 AM   #25
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Ok... finally got the pics done... sry for the delay.

I tried to upload them a bit ago and it crashed this PoS CPU lol so I had to restart.

I'm boggled by why it's running so rich since you and I have a very similar setup on the bikes, but like they say, no 2 bikes are the same.../shrug.

anywho... here are the printouts.

pretty weird though...and you have 1198 right...
somehow I still dont trust these numbers...
Old July 31st, 2010, 01:12 PM   #26

ducatis in the registry:
[848]
[1198]

yep, I have a 2009 1198. got 2300 miles on it.
2000 Yamaha YZF R6
Old July 31st, 2010, 02:54 PM   #27
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
yep, I have a 2009 1198. got 2300 miles on it.
hmm..i think if i had the chance to dyno mine it would come up to Elts # as shown in different thread...ill bet on it!...and your bike has lil more displacement...call Mark...im pretty sure its a easy fix..
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #28

Hi Guys, I have an 1198 now running a full termi system and a power commander pc5. I had the bike dynoed stock and it put out 150hp at the tyre. We then installed the full termi system, air filter and termi ecu and ran it up again to be a little disappointed with a 3hp increase - 153hp.

We then fitted the pc5 and could go in and fine tune the bike and pulled out another 10hp taking it to 163hp at the tyre!! Bike did seem to loose a little bit of low and low/mid response but picked up heaps in the mid/high and high rpm. Bike is a weapon on the track!!

The bike is back in the shop at the moment having a Microtec stand alone ecu fitted. Looking to get over 170hp at the tyre once this is done. I will post all dyno sheets from old and new runs in the next couple of days.
hardingc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #29

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingc05 View Post
Hi Guys, I have an 1198 now running a full termi system and a power commander pc5. I had the bike dynoed stock and it put out 150hp at the tyre. We then installed the full termi system, air filter and termi ecu and ran it up again to be a little disappointed with a 3hp increase - 153hp.

We then fitted the pc5 and could go in and fine tune the bike and pulled out another 10hp taking it to 163hp at the tyre!! Bike did seem to loose a little bit of low and low/mid response but picked up heaps in the mid/high and high rpm. Bike is a weapon on the track!!

The bike is back in the shop at the moment having a Microtec stand alone ecu fitted. Looking to get over 170hp at the tyre once this is done. I will post all dyno sheets from old and new runs in the next couple of days.
Very nice mods. If you have not done so already, contact Eltwin and get yourself a pair of enlarged air tubes to get more air in your system
neda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:25 AM   #30
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by neda View Post
Very nice mods. If you have not done so already, contact Eltwin and get yourself a pair of enlarged air tubes to get more air in your system
+1...what a difference in air intake noise it makes is just impressive...very deep breathing noise..