Ducati 1198 Microtec ecu dyno run. - Page 3 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #31

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
+1...what a difference in air intake noise it makes is just impressive...very deep breathing noise..

Marlon, Does eltwin sell the improved intakes?
denali804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #32
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by denali804 View Post
Marlon, Does eltwin sell the improved intakes?
i guess he has always 1 set ready as Waller have send him 2 sets...send him a PM though...

i have a in new condition set stockers ready to send to Elt for the mod if needed...
...mod is best bang for the buck..
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by neda View Post
Very nice mods. If you have not done so already, contact Eltwin and get yourself a pair of enlarged air tubes to get more air in your system
Thanks neda, at the moment the air tubes are stock. Spoke to Zak who is tuning my bike and he is going to wait for the new tubes until he tunes. Do you think it will make a difference in hp gain?

I have sent a pm to Eltwin about the air tubes mod. Thanks again mate.
hardingc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #34

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

on the dyno, probably not unless your shop has some serious fans going, but on the road I am sure that it will. The R, with the 70mm system, comes with open tubes. Use the search and read up posts on this topic, Eltwin (awesome dude) has posted a lot of very helpful information already
neda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #35

Quote:
on the dyno, probably not unless your shop has some serious fans going, but on the road I am sure that it will. The R, with the 70mm system, comes with open tubes. Use the search and read up posts on this topic, Eltwin (awesome dude) has posted a lot of very helpful information already
got pm back from Eltwin and he is happy to modify the air tubes!! I am express posting them up to him today and he said it will be a couple of days. Eltwin said that the bigger tubes are good for another 5hp at the wheel on the dyno!! Mate he is a great bloke and knows heaps about this!

We are actually having a problem with the microtec ecu. Has anyone else had an issue with the water temp sensor not registering through the new ecu?? Zak is looking into it, thinks the computer might have a fault...
Old August 18th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #36
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingc05 View Post
got pm back from Eltwin and he is happy to modify the air tubes!! I am express posting them up to him today and he said it will be a couple of days. Eltwin said that the bigger tubes are good for another 5hp at the wheel on the dyno!! Mate he is a great bloke and knows heaps about this!

We are actually having a problem with the microtec ecu. Has anyone else had an issue with the water temp sensor not registering through the new ecu?? Zak is looking into it, thinks the computer might have a fault...
the only problem ive had was the idle speed settings on map 1...low was 1800 rpm and high was 1350...just took 3 min to revert it...did you check all parameter settings?

Last edited by Marlon; August 18th, 2010 at 06:52 PM.
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
the only problem ive had was the idle speed settings on map 1...low was 1800 rpm and high was 1350...just took 3 min to revert it...did you check all parameter settings?
Apparently they have been through all the settings but cant fix it. Just had a call though, new computer is in and the water temp is working!! Must have just been a dodgy computer. Said it might be a problem with the firmware??

I will let me know about the idle settings too. Thanks
Old August 18th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #38

Quote:
Are you saying that the R comes with the tubes opened up from stock?
bstar360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingc05 View Post

Who is doing your tuning for you?
Old August 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #40

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstar360 View Post
Are you saying that the R comes with the tubes opened up from stock?
that's my understanding
neda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #41

Quote:
Who is doing your tuning for you?
Zak from Explosive Racing at Peakhurst, Sydney. He is the 'dyno expert' for Rapid magazine. Really good bloke, really easy to talk to and extremely helpful and know heaps about all this stuff! Does an unreal job too!

I will post the dyno sheets once the bike is all done and see what kind of numbers he can get out of it! Cant wait!!
Old August 18th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #42

Where did you get the Microtec?
Old August 18th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #43

Quote:
Where did you get the Microtec?
Bought it through Zak at Explosive, he is supplying and tuning these Microtec ecu's.
Old August 19th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #44

Quote:
The R intakes are the same as all the other 1X98's I have been told.
Old September 13th, 2010, 04:02 AM   #45

Hi all, just wanted to post an update on my 1198 and the microtec installation as promised.

I was a little worried going into this that the stand alone computer would have a negative effect on the bikes stock cold start, warm start & idle settings etc and make it a bitch to ride around the streets. The hope was that the performance gain would be enough to make it ok..... I was wrong!

The bikes cold start, idle is perfect! The bike starts better than it did with the termignoni ecu and has a smooth consistent idle at all temps which wasn't the case with the old ecu.

The BIG thing though is the performance gain, this bike was always fast but now its fucking AMAZING!! It is ridiculous how much harder the bike goes! And it goes harder from 2000 to redline!! It is nearly impossible to open the bike up on the street past 1/4 throttle, it just picks up so quickly, revs harder and faster and wants to wheelie!! It is so much fun to ride and cant wait to get it on the track! Even on the dyno Zak was tuning it and you could easily notice how much quicker it revved and now actually wanted to wheel spin on the dyno! Zak spent alot of time on tuning the bike and when you ride it mate it really shows.

If anyone is thinking of getting a microtec installed I would not hesitate and just do it! You will not regret it! I would highly recommend Zak and the boys at Explosive Racing for anyone in Oz thinking of doing the microtec or any bike mods. The guys down there are great to deal with and Zak spends alot of time tuning the bike to really make it rip! He really looked after me with the tune and went overboard in making sure it was perfect! Cant say enough good things about them, there great!! They are doing all my servicing and track tyre supply now too. Got two mates going down there next week for the install after they rode my bike last week.

Anyways, here are the dyno sheets. Enjoy
Name:  1198 hp.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  388.0 KB
Name:  1198 torque.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  386.8 KB