Ducati 1198 Microtec ecu dyno run. - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2009, 05:21 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Ducati 1198 Microtec ecu dyno run.

Before run is with arrow slipon's and dp slipon ecu. After run is with arrow slipon's and custom map. Thanks Mark. I hope that image is not too large. If so sorry, don't know how to resize.

denali804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old August 23rd, 2009, 05:34 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

that is really nice!! btw, what happen with below 5400 RPM??

Where to contact Mark?

M1st1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 05:43 PM   #3

nice

huge improvement from 6 K.....was this map built on the dyno with a sniffer or just provided and downloaded??
duraace9sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 06:22 PM   #4

custom mapped on the dyno. Ducshop in Marietta Ga. I don't why the lower part of the dyno looks like that. This bike is not soft anywhere in the rev range.

www.ducshop.com

Last edited by denali804; August 23rd, 2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:48 PM   #5

so this begs another question:

does the ecu come with mapping software and an interface with the ecu so you can fine tune at various rpm's on the spot and make another run....smooth out the air/fuel ratio by load rpm...same for ignition....this would be great...make it easy to build a really good fuel/ignition map???

Thanks
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:56 PM   #6

Check out www.microtec.cc

They are the people that made the nemesis. With the basic software you get a selection of maps for different bikes and then you can make adjustments to fine tune the injection and ignition. Their is an autotune system available for the ecu that allows you to map both cylinders at the same time using dual widebands and the wideband controller with the professional software. I will be adding the autotune option next month. I think that with autotune you can set 3 different target a/f ratios per cylinder and ride it on the road or dyno and it comes up with the adjustments needed to get it on target. I think then you accept the changes and write it to the ecu. Im not sure on all the things this unit can do, but if you need to know dont hesitate to ask Mark or email microtec and they will respond after the month long holiday in italy. My microtec M197 replaced my ducati performance slipon ecu.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM   #7

hhmmmmm---i have the race ecu and full termis (R model) I know the big leagues pegram etc are running different (factory ecu's...id just like to be able to tune/map the thing and still have all the other "stuff" (TC/etc) still workin????

Thnaks for the info
Old August 23rd, 2009, 09:01 PM   #8

ducatis in the registry:
[916 SPS]

Microtec are soon to release another ECU with TC.

Keep in mind though that this will be their TC and not the Ducati TC. I'd put my money on the DTC being better

brettc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 01:15 PM   #9

Awesome!! I inquired about the auto-tune stuff, but its a bit pricey for the time being. I wonder If I mark could get close on my setup, which is virtually identical? Im close to pulling the trigger but was waiting for more people to get them in their hands and installed.

Louis
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:07 PM   #10

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

I was told yesterday that a local Sydney guy has his 1198 dyno'd and it's pulling 180hp at the rear wheel... is running a DP ECU and full Termi system...
ozducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozducati View Post
I was told yesterday that a local Sydney guy has his 1198 dyno'd and it's pulling 180hp at the rear wheel... is running a DP ECU and full Termi system...

This same bike that pulls 180 rwhp on this dyno, might pull 150 or 200 on someone elses dyno. You can take the same bike to 10 different dynos on the same day, same city and get 10 different readings. They are best to be used as tuning tools. Before and after mod runs done on same day same dyno. Don't get caught up in the numbers. Tune the bike to run as best as possible with the best rideability and take it out and ride the hell out of it.
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Awesome!! I inquired about the auto-tune stuff, but its a bit pricey for the time being. I wonder If I mark could get close on my setup, which is virtually identical? Im close to pulling the trigger but was waiting for more people to get them in their hands and installed.

Louis

What's your setup? Im sure that he could get you close, and then you can fine tune it to your liking.
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #13

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by denali804 View Post
This same bike that pulls 180 rwhp on this dyno, might pull 150 or 200 on someone elses dyno. You can take the same bike to 10 different dynos on the same day, same city and get 10 different readings. They are best to be used as tuning tools. Before and after mod runs done on same day same dyno. Don't get caught up in the numbers. Tune the bike to run as best as possible with the best rideability and take it out and ride the hell out of it.
yes agree
ozducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #14

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozducati View Post
Oz, Tony Sandwich's 1198 pulled about 163-164hp with full Termi system & ECU at Ducati City Dyno in Melbourne.
markthebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by denali804 View Post
What's your setup? Im sure that he could get you close, and then you can fine tune it to your liking.
Slip ons only, base 1198...

Now that you have it on, installed, tuned, and running, how do you like it? Pros/cons? Would you do it again?
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote