Custom Painted 1098/848... Let's see some pics! - Page 3 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM   #31

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

Hey Stim, had my carbon fairings away being painted at the time of the accident, so they came back a week or two after, plus i sort of knew what was damaged so already ordering as i got out of hospital and parts all arrived before i started to strip the bike ....easy rebuild
ozducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:12 PM   #32

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble_bee1098 View Post
Oz that bike is simply stunning... I only hope my bike will eventually look a tiny % of the way that your bike looks... Kudos my friend, do you know what your total weight reduction is?
thanks BB, never weighed the bike, haven't finished yet
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:15 PM   #33

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Damn, Full Ti yet or no? I saw the full Ti kit on Motowheels it was like 2200$ I wonder how much weight savings it actually is? Its funny ever since I got my bike, all I can think about is how much I want an S model. haha.... guess this will have to do for now.
bumble_bee1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM   #34

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

not worried about ti bolts etc .. still have exhaust to go, have a pair of 1098R cans on it that have been de baffled and de catted.. but everyone is dragging the chain on exhausts (not Termi) as well as some other planned mods, bits n pcs..
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:36 PM   #35

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

What exhaust you leaning towards? if my bike didn't have the termis on it when I bought it I think I would've leaned towards akra... althought I'm a fan of both leo vince and the Arrow cans...
Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:47 PM   #36

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

I have been waiting nearly 6 months for the Arata system, gave up, and ordered an LV system after being told "couple of weeks" in mid august.. am now told next month.. shits me ..

i prefer the akra in Ti rather than carbon..
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:12 PM   #37

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

haha, nice... I do like the LVs.... Kinda surprised with all your carbon that you don't like the Akra Carbon... either way sweet bike and if I'm ever down under I'll have to look you up and see it in person.... </thread jack>
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:14 PM   #38

No ducatis in the registry

Damn thread jackers! Lol.. Keep the pics coming! Love 'em!
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:17 PM   #39

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx1098xX View Post
Damn thread jackers! Lol.. Keep the pics coming! Love 'em!
haha, I did say </thread jack> admitting We have a problem is the first Step to recovery.... BTW your bike looks sweet too... I'm not so sure I'd change it.... especially nothing permanent like paint... maybe like a nice set of a vinyl stripes or whatnot... I wished I could have got a good deal on a red 1098... instead I settled on yellow... but I do love it now... and dammit I'm thread jacking again...
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:30 PM   #40

Quote:
haha, I did say </thread jack> admitting We have a problem is the first Step to recovery.... BTW your bike looks sweet too... I'm not so sure I'd change it.... especially nothing permanent like paint... maybe like a nice set of a vinyl stripes or whatnot... I wished I could have got a good deal on a red 1098... instead I settled on yellow... but I do love it now... and dammit I'm thread jacking again...

Thank you! I really appreciate that! I love the Red but I have to be honest, there are 4 or 5 other red 1098's in my area and I didnt buy another Ducati to fit in with the crowd, lol. I wanted to STAND OUT! With that being said, I have been looking for something unique and was gonna do a Grigio Silverstone (Ferrari Dark Silver) color and keep the red frame, but after seeing the matte black one on the first page, I have finally made up my mind. I wasnt gonna post the pic I photoshopped, I was gonna wait until I got the bike painted, but I would love all your opinions... Here is what I am gonna do. I changed up the rear number plates a bit and added front plates with the red border... What do you think??
Attached Images

Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:35 PM   #41

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I love it dude, I love the # plates.. its part of the reason I even bought my yeller bike... Its got the white # plates on it.... from what my dealer told me the yellow is much more rare then the red too... but a ducati is as rare in my town as a can of slim fast in a fat guys house... so yellow or red, you just don't see them in my parts..
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:43 PM   #42

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

Quote:
haha, nice... I do like the LVs.... Kinda surprised with all your carbon that you don't like the Akra Carbon... either way sweet bike and if I'm ever down under I'll have to look you up and see it in person.... </thread jack>
I like what duckilover did with his LV's, removed the carbon end caps, very neat looking now...

Quote:
Thank you! I really appreciate that! I love the Red but I have to be honest, there are 4 or 5 other red 1098's in my area and I didnt buy another Ducati to fit in with the crowd, lol. I wanted to STAND OUT! With that being said, I have been looking for something unique and was gonna do a Grigio Silverstone (Ferrari Dark Silver) color and keep the red frame, but after seeing the matte black one on the first page, I have finally made up my mind. I wasnt gonna post the pic I photoshopped, I was gonna wait until I got the bike painted, but I would love all your opinions... Here is what I am gonna do. I changed up the rear number plates a bit and added front plates with the red border... What do you think??
nice colour
Attached Images

Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:49 PM   #43

Thanks! Now I have to find a good painter around here to do it... I just hope all the CF on my bike isnt too shiny for a matte black.

PS.. OZ, youre my hero!
Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:10 PM   #44

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

Quote:
Thanks! Now I have to find a good painter around here to do it... I just hope all the CF on my bike isnt too shiny for a matte black.

PS.. OZ, youre my hero!
why not have the CF painted, and leave subtle hints of it showing through, would look nicer all in that colour maybe?

your standards must be low if i am your hero man..
Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:18 PM   #45

I am looking for a second set of fairings and a tank to have painted so covering the CF won't work because I will be using it with my stock red fairings as well.

As for my standards, anyone who takes the time, money and passion to do what youve done with your bike is OK in my book!