MiVV "Suono" Exhaust installed on my 08 base - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #16

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDuc
Sounds very similar to the stock pipes, maybe a little louder.
Not even close. Im waiting for my first ticket. Something tells me it wont be long.
10982nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:57 AM   #17

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10982nv
Not even close. Im waiting for my first ticket. Something tells me it wont be long.

I second that..you'll need some new speakers on your PC when viewing those youtube files. Unless your only hearing the one with the dbkillers in.
kilat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #18

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDuc
Sounds very similar to the stock pipes, maybe a little louder.
I think Arrow exhaust sounds aobut the best so far...

Jason
Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #19

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Arrow? Was that sarcasm or for serious? In my opinion the Arrows reminded me of a honda civic with a terrible cherry bomb exhaust... one of those little ricers that think they're fast
hicks1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #20

I love how those chime in and say one exhaust sounds better then the other. REALLY??? How do you know?? Have you heard them all in person? Speakers on a PC tell you nothing. I havent heard any other exhaust in person but I promiss you. I wont be changing anytime soon. But you have to hear em in person to know.
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:31 AM   #21

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I agree. Can't judge unless you hear them with your own ears and feel the rumble in your guts. I've heard just stock and full termis in person. I'd love to hear different systems side by side that would be decent but unfortunately it's not likely.
Old August 16th, 2007, 05:18 AM   #22

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicks1098
Arrow? Was that sarcasm or for serious? In my opinion the Arrows reminded me of a honda civic with a terrible cherry bomb exhaust... one of those little ricers that think they're fast
Well its hard to hear from a Youtube video but yeah, I was serious. That does not mean I would buy it for the 1098 even though I know Arrow makes quality stuff... My money will more than likely go towards the Termi when its time.

I guess ya like what ya like and I'm sure for the most part its all good stuff.

Jason
Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 06:42 AM   #23

ducatis in the registry:
[999 S]
[1098 S Tri-Color]

It's all about what "You" like. Who cares what other guys say or do. If the pipes make do for you what you wanted them to do, then thats great !! I like the way full system's "Wake" the bike up and get more power and throttle response. The fact that they are "Louder" and more throaty is also a nice thing. I have the Full Termi system on my 999s and it's much quieter than the 1098s, but it still changed the character of the machine after installation.
JohnnyDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:33 AM   #24

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Well I fitted my suonos today, and I have to say I wasn't terribly impressed with the fit. Everything seemed a bit... loose.

For those with the same, did you guys notice the same thing? The springs weren't even under any stress it seemed like they were just hanging there. Not that I'm worried they will fly off or anything but it seemed odd.

Also, I couldn't get the god damn db killers out because I couldn't find my damn lock thingy pliers so I run into town and buy a new set and it turns out they were too bulky and didn't have extensions or anything and I wasn't about to make another 45 min trip into town so I said eff that! Very frustrating. I tried jimmying up some contraptions (some vice grips with nails, some tiny alan keys with some flat screwdrivers... oh boy) and as resourceful as I am I couldn't get them out. You'd think they would toss in a tool to yank it out but I guess it's understandable. If I had my snap-on box from home it would have been a piece of cake but I was using the crap tools at hand here.

All in all I was impressed by the sound with them in they were a bit throatier than stock had a bit more roar, nothing too drastic but understandable because they're street legal and stuff...I'm confident with those db killers out it will be a hell of a difference. I'll be back with a verdict.
Old August 17th, 2007, 06:47 AM   #25

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

..the right tools ahh..they always make the job much easier! A good pair of needle nose pliers will work too.

Mine appeared a bit loose when I installed them but then I realized that I had to gently tap them in a bit with a rubber mallet. After that they were real snug. The springs also fit better after that. I also cross mounted two of the springs and they fit perfect.

A tip about removing the dbkillers when you get to it. They are easier to remove if you remove the slipons and tap them out from the front with handle end of a hammer. They should come out real easy. Alot easier than trying to grip them with a pair of pliers and pulling them out from the rear.
kilat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:05 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilat
..the right tools ahh..they always make the job much easier! A good pair of needle nose pliers will work too.

Mine appeared a bit loose when I installed them but then I realized that I had to gently tap them in a bit with a rubber mallet. After that they were real snug. The springs also fit better after that. I also cross mounted two of the springs and they fit perfect.

A tip about removing the dbkillers when you get to it. They are easier to remove if you remove the slipons and tap them out from the front with handle end of a hammer. They should come out real easy. Alot easier than trying to grip them with a pair of pliers and pulling them out from the rear.
Crazy its like we were in the same garage. LOl! Just wait until you remove the db killers. Ohhh mannnn!
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:32 AM   #27

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilat
I had 2 pair of needle nose one was too bulky and the other the ends were filed down and wouldn't fit in the little holes! I'll get it today...one way or another mark my words!
Old August 17th, 2007, 07:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicks1098
I had 2 pair of needle nose one was too bulky and the other the ends were filed down and wouldn't fit in the little holes! I'll get it today...one way or another mark my words!
When you do be ready!!! lol this thing is LOUD! I have people breaking necks from three block away.
Old August 17th, 2007, 09:24 PM   #29

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10982nv
When you do be ready!!! lol this thing is LOUD! I have people breaking necks from three block away.
My Termi slip-ons w/out the baffles set off the alarm on my SV650S before I sold it!
FlyerLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #30

Did you guys install them without any other changes like ECU, air filter, etc? No problems? Just slipped-on to an all stock bike?