Throttle Stuck!!! - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:39 PM   #16

ducatis in the registry:
[999 S]
[1098 S Tri-Color]

Hey Von,

You should think about the Trackday at Autobahn, Joliet on Labor Day. The track is great, and you can get a track day in this year. It will definitely help your riding. I'll be there with my brother-in-law and another friend with a new 1098. It's a blast, and you'll learn and meet great people.

John S
Quote:
Originally Posted by von1098
I am currently on my 4200 mile mark. Newbie title was gone about 2500.. quickstudy, yes maybe I was built to ride a superbike. Maybe.... Just now finding out.! Please feel free to visit CHICAGO anytime and maybe I can finally shut your A$$ up.. If you want to know what I'm afraid of: It's dying and not living life like I want to live it.. A Famous man once said....... "Weather u think u can or u can't u are right" Well, I think I can ride this 1098 to the best of MY ability.
Yeah, We both Like Ducs, but that probally where it end. U can continue to follow me and post smart a$$ comments behind every post... Remember I'm ride a 1098...

TALK IS CHEAP AND I BACK MINE...
U haven't already proved you don't.
Shoot, I'm still waiting to see the Boat & the F430...

My loyal follower Elton ... I hope to ride with you soon... I have the perfect road for us to ride on.... Once again I bet u just Talkin cheap again.

GOD DID NOT MAKE US WITH ANY FEARS...

It's no time to be scared when u have a problem.... No time!

The only reason I reach 100 silly was bc the throttle was stuck
However that was 2 months ago and I have since see some good triple digit numbers....

Contradiction I think not, I'm reevaluating still in my first year of riding..

Track days here I come...
JohnnyDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:53 PM   #17

No ducatis in the registry

90 degrees dude

as in 90 degree corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicks1098
100mph in a 90 corner? I don't even get it. 90 what?
Where? BCM Motorsports Laconia, NH - National Best Service Dealer Who? Kyle Thompson - National Top Technician Gold Award What? Ducati Performance - Speedy Moto - Zero Gravity - Termignoni - Paulimoto - Helibars - Michelin - Dynojet - Pro Grip - LighTec - Sargent - Ferodo - Galfer - Pazzo - Motul - Klotz - Ohlins - STM - HID Why? Because who doesn't start out on a 999S?
NewDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:56 PM   #18

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]
[907ie Paso]

Obiwan Kanobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDuc
Hey Von, You should think about the Trackday at Autobahn, Joliet on Labor Day.
John,

I checked with Autobahn. It turns out that Von is now an instructor at Autobahn and he'll be there on Labor Day, dispensing his pearls of wisdom!! As soon as I found out, I signed up. I can't wait to learn from The Seasoned Veteran.

BTW, did you hear? He just passed the 4,200 mile mark!!! Can you believe it?!!

Grasshopper
Track Bikes (#58):
'08 Kawasaki ZX6R (Green)
'02 Yamaha R6 (Black)

Street Bikes:
'07 MV Agusta F4 1000 R (Red/Silver)
'07 Ducati 1098s (Red)
'93 Ducati 907ie w/ worked engine (Red)
'93 Ducat 907ie (Red)
'91 Ducati 907ie (Red)
'82 Kawasaki KZ1100 Spectre (Wine/Black)

Last edited by mrinflux; August 22nd, 2007 at 02:15 PM.
mrinflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:38 PM   #19

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Amusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinflux
John,

I checked with Autobahn. It turns out that Von is now an instructor at Autobahn and he'll be there on Labor Day, dispensing his pearls of wisdom!! As soon as I found out, I signed up. I can't wait to learn from The Seasoned Veteran.

BTW, did you hear? He just passed the 4,200 mile mark!!! Can you believe it?!!

Grasshopper
U r amussing.. No i'm not a seasoned vet, but let's not forget lots of rider don't do 4200 in a year. Don't worry we already know MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS..
Jealous a$$. Come to the Chi...... Stop talking and see for yourself.

JonnyDuc I'll send you PM about the track day details ... Thanks

Let's Ride
von1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:02 PM   #20

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]
[907ie Paso]

x-ray eyes

Quote:
MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.
Von,

Once again I'm humbled by your insight. As you've so aptly pointed out, all my comments are borne from a deep-seated inadequacy owing to the fact that your penis is in fact larger than mine. How do you do it?

I am not worthy.

Elton
Track Bikes (#58):
'08 Kawasaki ZX6R (Green)
'02 Yamaha R6 (Black)

Street Bikes:
'07 MV Agusta F4 1000 R (Red/Silver)
'07 Ducati 1098s (Red)
'93 Ducati 907ie w/ worked engine (Red)
'93 Ducat 907ie (Red)
'91 Ducati 907ie (Red)
'82 Kawasaki KZ1100 Spectre (Wine/Black)

Last edited by mrinflux; August 22nd, 2007 at 03:31 PM.
mrinflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:59 PM   #21

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Penis Envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinflux
Von,

Once again I'm humbled by your insight. As you've so aptly pointed out, all my comments are borne from a deep-seated inadequacy owing to the fact that your penis is in fact larger than mine. How do you do it?

I am not worthy.

Elton
Who was talking about Johnson's?
U must want me or something, following me around like you do
I have not seen another guy more interestes in what another guys does.

Maybe we should chalk it up to Penis Envy.

I think I'm going to start our own post so we can stop Hijacking others and poeple can actully comment on the topic instead of reading our BS.

Let's Ride
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:52 AM   #22

No ducatis in the registry

Hi,

Reminds me of the old yamaha FJ1100 problem of when you rolled off the throttle for a roundabout, the thing accelerated... 3 out of the 5 I tried did this! Out of the 47 bikes I've had, quite a few have had throttle response problems... if it's not something mechanical, ECU changes or fuelling changes (powercommander) will cure it.

Jamie UK
jamiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:41 PM   #23

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettc63
Same as me possibly - with a good piece of rope and a few bricks. 1 hour twice a day, works wonders.

Quote - "I think I'm going to start our own post so we can stop Hijacking others and poeple can actully comment on the topic instead of reading our BS."

Not a bad idea! - Lets us now where and when and we can hang up our keyboards and just read and laugh

Let's Ride
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:35 AM   #24
TexasKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG ETR
So I am riding home for lunch today and I accelerate in 2nd gear to about 4000 rpms and let off for upcoming traffic, but the bike stayed at 4000 rpms even when I had released the throttle!! I pushed it foward to make sure the actual grip wasn't stuck, but it was back on neutral position!! I pulled the clutch in and the revvs SLOWLY dropped to 2000, but then stayed there and as soon as I let out the clutch and accelerated again they would stay at whatever RPM I let off at!! Finally I turned off the bike with the kill switch and restarted it and had the same thing happen. Then I tried turning off the key (this is all while riding down a busy street) and turned it back on and the problem was gone, which leads me to believe it was somthing electronic (throttle position sensor??).

It was kinda scary since I was on one of the most busy streets here during lunch time... Any ideas guys?? Guess its just another thing to add to the list when I go for my 600 service...
Evan

I've had the same thing happen to me...after riding about 10 miles HARD, the problem stopped. I took it in for service the next day and explained what happened, and the service guy said his did the same thing and there is no fix for it.
Old August 25th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #25

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Going for my 600 service Thurs. and they are going to take a look... I am sure there won't be anything they can do, but I want a reccord of it I guess... They are also gunna check my Termi ECU to see if its the old part number and thats why its stalling... Can't wait to get this thing running flawless and wide open! I am lovin' it!
Evan
Old August 25th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #26

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
U r amussing.. No i'm not a seasoned vet, but let's not forget lots of rider don't do 4200 in a year.
Let's see. I bought my Hayabusa new in May of 2006. I had 14K on it when my 1098 came in the middle of April. The 'Busa has 15K on it now and the Duc has 6K on it now. That's riding it to work (12 miles one way) about half the time.

Oh, and I first started riding on the street in March of '06 (bought a new SV1000- traded it for the Hayabusa with 1500 miles on it).
2003 Honda CRF480R
2004 Kawasaki KLX 138SM
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
2007 Ducati 1098
MX Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 01:32 PM   #27

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG ETR
Going for my 600 service Thurs. and they are going to take a look... I am sure there won't be anything they can do, but I want a reccord of it I guess... They are also gunna check my Termi ECU to see if its the old part number and thats why its stalling... Can't wait to get this thing running flawless and wide open! I am lovin' it!
Evan
Evan,
Was the throttle sticking with the Termi ECU? I had the same experience on the stock ECU a week ago, but wasn't as fortunate as you. The throttle appeared to surge rather than slow when engine braking into a slow (30 mph) corner in town. The long and short of it was that I ended up lowsiding and sliding into a curb with substantial damage to the forks. Not much fun and couldn't find any trace of a malfunction afterwards. Once we're back on the road, I will always keep the data logger turned on.
Mifune
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #28

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Mid June, riding through town in medium traffic at about 80km/h, (900 k on the bike then) I let off the throttle as I approached a red light. The bike idled down to about 2 grand and I Pulled in the clutch, it came up linearly to 4 grand. I pulled off the road idling with the bike in neutral and tried snapping the throttle to see if it was a sticking cable, still came back to hold 4 grand. I shut off the engine and restarted it, idled fine. About ten minutes later at another light it did the same thing. I rode it for another week until I went in for my 1000 K service and it only happened once more. I have the stock ECU and it is prone to stalling. The service manager checked and reset the Throttle position sensor and attributed it to the ECU since nothing appeared to be wrong. Because they need the bike for almost a week to change the ECU I'm living with the problem until winter, the stalling bugs me more and the climbing RPM isn't abrupt enough that I would consider it dangerous.
raptuous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 02:18 PM   #29

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I dont believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasKid
I've had the same thing happen to me...after riding about 10 miles HARD, the problem stopped. I took it in for service the next day and explained what happened, and the service guy said his did the same thing and there is no fix for it.
I dont know whats more shocking 1. the fact that this is occuring or 2. you guys seem to be so non chalont aboud it.
Mine hasnt done this yet i hope it never does it.
I carnt believe the dealers mechanic told you that there was no fix!
  • 91 Ducati 750SS Sold
  • Suzuki T500 Trashed
  • Yamaha RD350 Sold
  • Honda XR200 Sold
Dukesterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #30
TexasKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukesterman
I dont know whats more shocking 1. the fact that this is occuring or 2. you guys seem to be so non chalont aboud it.
Mine hasnt done this yet i hope it never does it.
I carnt believe the dealers mechanic told you that there was no fix!

I try to separate myself from the MANY winers on here who cry when a windscreen bolt loosens up half a turn. It has a warranty, they'll fix it. I took it in, the problem has been noted, when DNA finds a solution it'll get fixed. I have better things to do and worry about than a bike. Call me non-chalont, but if a piece of machinery malfunctions, it'll be fixed...why bitch and moan about it? I know some of the owners on here are under the influence that the 1098 is a piece of flawless machinery, but in reality it's just a hunk of metal, rubber and plastic...it will fail eventually. Why get worked up about it?

Last edited by TexasKid; September 1st, 2007 at 12:24 PM.