Ducati Automatic Charger - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #16

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvisarra View Post
I bought a Ducati charger that plugs into my tail section of my bike.The directions don't mention how you get it to charge the bike or what's supposed to happen when you plug it in.Had it check out from the dealer and they said i have a faulty one.They gave me a new one and nothing.When i plug it in the ac light goes on but not the charging or maintenance light .I turn the ignition on and it shows charging but the dash stays on.How do i use this charger.These chargers are new to the market
DUCATI PLUS LIFE BATTERY
Works only good with the monster
k1099s is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old September 5th, 2018, 11:23 AM   #17

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvisarra View Post
I bought a Ducati charger that plugs into my tail section of my bike.The directions don't mention how you get it to charge the bike or what's supposed to happen when you plug it in.Had it check out from the dealer and they said i have a faulty one.They gave me a new one and nothing.When i plug it in the ac light goes on but not the charging or maintenance light .I turn the ignition on and it shows charging but the dash stays on.How do i use this charger.These chargers are new to the market
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertAdams View Post
Just to educate you a bit. All Ducati's made after 2008 that are equipped with the DDA port under the rear seat have the ability to use that DDA port with a special adapter and charger purchased from Ducati Performance to charge the battery via the DDA port. I found this out by looking at Ducati website. I was about to purchase a Baytery Tender Jr, like I have for other bikes and I saw a Ducati Charger for $80. My first thought was..."screw that". Then I read about it and sure enough, you can charge the battery. So, I bought it and it works perfectly fine. That said, if it wasn't already pre-wired, I'd have bought a battery tender. Anyway, now you know he actual truth. You can view it here...Ducati DDA ready

Ok so, like the OP says, the charger doesn't indicate how it's supposed to function. I get the same behavior as OP when plugging into the DDA Port of my 2012 Street Fighter 848.
Plug charger into AC, red light goes on.
Plug charger into DDA Port with ignition off, no change.
Turn ignition to on, dashboard comes on, Amber charging LED lights.
Turn ignition to off, dashboard stays on, Amber charging LED stays lit.
When does dashboard go off or charger's green maintenance LED come on?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Henry
BlastRadius is offline   Reply With Quote