DP stand has rust - solutions? - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

DP stand has rust - solutions?

Welp, I bought this stand from a fello Spot member a while back and then I upgraded my forks and never ended up using the stand, in the garage it sat till I got off my lazy ass to sell. Found a member that wants to buy it and when I went to get it ready I noticed the rust on the bar ends. I don't feel right selling something with rust on it so I'm calling on you pro's to hopefully help me find a solution to getting the rust off or talking me into not caring about it since its just a stand?

I originally paid $100 or so and assuming I can't get the rust off how much would this thing be worth?
Attached Images

Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 30th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #2

id probably just sell it but there are a number of things you can do to get the rust off, when you do you will have to repaint/powder coat the entire thing though.
one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[916 SPS]

Have you asked the intending buyer what he thinks about it?

brettc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #4

Yeah the potential buyer and I have been chatting via PM's and we came up with the idea of posting to get the info about the rust and for him to see the quality of the stand and to come up with a solution. If he see's the dmg and doesnt care then we're good to go. If he walks away from the deal (no hard feelings) I'm gonna donate this to Marlon. As long as he pays for shipping!

Buddy's here at work seem to think I can wipe it down with WD-40 and get most of it off. I'll try that this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettc63 View Post
Have you asked the intending buyer what he thinks about it?
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #5

Maybe Marlon can benefit this the most? Someone grab him...
DrgnRcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #6
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Yeah the potential buyer and I have been chatting via PM's and we came up with the idea of posting to get the info about the rust and for him to see the quality of the stand and to come up with a solution. If he see's the dmg and doesnt care then we're good to go. If he walks away from the deal (no hard feelings) I'm gonna donate this to Marlon. As long as he pays for shipping!

Buddy's here at work seem to think I can wipe it down with WD-40 and get most of it off. I'll try that this weekend.
did i hear my name??..

Ill take it for 50 plus shipping...just wipe it down with WD40 and sent it....once i get it i have plans to repaint both of em in red...Ducati red...the 20hp gaining fastest color on this planet..

Deal?
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #7

Hey Marlon - I'm down with that but I need the potential buyer to decide which direction he wants to go in 1st. If he's gonna pass then it's all yours bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
did i hear my name??..

Ill take it for 50 plus shipping...just wipe it down with WD40 and sent it....once i get it i have plans to repaint both of em in red...Ducati red...the 20hp gaining fastest color on this planet..

Deal?
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #8
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Hey Marlon - I'm down with that but I need the potential buyer to decide which direction he wants to go in 1st. If he's gonna pass then it's all yours bud.
..tell him its all bent..
Old July 30th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #9

it's frikken surace rust.. it will return.. it shows a well used stand and scratching can not be avoided..

Fark Me.. the stand is cheap, if he wants a NEW looking one.. tell him to go BUY a new one. Otherwise the stands price stands PLUS powder coating if HE wants. 2 week turn around.

Fark me what a farken princess, does he want the stnad or not..

He's not Canadian is he?? Tell him you don't ship to Canadia.. perhaps you should meet him at a shopping centre, outside the frikken movies somewhere.
The reality of this situation maybe obscured by living room curtains.
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #10

Lol, Shrek it's cool man.

I talked to the buyer and he's gonna pass so it's yours Marlon if you want it. We can PM about the funds anytime bud. I'll do the WD40 trick over the weekend and take new pics if you want and we can go from there or if you know you want it I can still wipe it down for ya and ship it.
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to 167mph
Brush a bit of Naval Jelly on it, go have a sandwich or two and you will be amazed when you get back. You will still need to clean, scuff, prime and paint the bare areas.

I vote that you sell to Marlon.

2010 Ducati 1198 S SOLD
167mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #12
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Lol, Shrek it's cool man.

I talked to the buyer and he's gonna pass so it's yours Marlon if you want it. We can PM about the funds anytime bud. I'll do the WD40 trick over the weekend and take new pics if you want and we can go from there or if you know you want it I can still wipe it down for ya and ship it.
Saint....first of all...muchas gracias amigo to think about me....yeaaaa...of course il take it...AND many thanks to all my supporters..i really appreciate that!!
just PM me and we can considerate it as a done deal...

thanks as well to the potencial buyer to let it go..
Old July 31st, 2010, 10:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Saint....first of all...muchas gracias amigo to think about me....yeaaaa...of course il take it...AND many thanks to all my supporters..i really appreciate that!!
just PM me and we can considerate it as a done deal...

thanks as well to the potencial buyer to let it go..
Hey Marlon, viviendo en DR por tantos anos, has aprendido a escribir y platicar en Espanol?

2010 Ducati 1198 S SOLD
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:07 AM   #14
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 167mph View Post
Hey Marlon, viviendo en DR por tantos anos, has aprendido a escribir y platicar en Espanol?
seguro que si compadre...este ano estoy cumpliendo 22 anos en RD y mi espanol esta mucho mejor que mi ingles, y tambien todos los reportes de mi empresa los estoy escribiendo en espanol,el unico idioma que hablo todavia mejor es el aleman. Nadie es mas tigere que yo!
Old July 31st, 2010, 05:31 PM   #15

Quote:
seguro que si compadre...este ano estoy cumpliendo 22 anos en RD y mi espanol esta mucho mejor que mi ingles, y tambien todos los reportes de mi empresa los estoy escribiendo en espanol,el unico idioma que hablo todavia mejor es el aleman. Nadie es mas tigere que yo!
Muy vien Marlon, you tenia una idea que eras un genio! Saber tres idiomas tiene que ser algo dificil. Espero que te guste el Espanol mas que el Aleman, porque ese idioma es algo feo.

2010 Ducati 1198 S SOLD