Very exciting to have an owner on this site! - Page 3 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:35 AM   #31

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peet
@Gossa: congrats with the bike!

How do you like it!

im am still braking it in. But I must say that for m ethe first impression is that for road use the front brakes are a lil over the top... What's your opinion?
Hi Peet, this weekend was my first chance to ride it in dry conditions and use the DDA. I clocked 154mph at 8600rpm and I really love the bike already. i think teh fraont brakes are not much better than the Brembos on my 999s but the forks dive less on the 1098. I think you just need to use one or two fingers on those bad boys, I think they will be awesome on the track though.

Maybe Ducati have fitted stiffer fork springs or added damping to offset teh brake performance, the dive on my 999 was crazy so I changed teh fork settings a lot. the 1098 has stock settings and feels better.

I read your posts and agree on tyres, I loved the Pilots on my 999s and am not sure about the Pirellis. Did your pilots change the rode height much? Will that affect the clock readouts?

I posted some reviews here:http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=40182
gossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:22 PM   #32

No ducatis in the registry

I have mounted a 190/50 on the rear. The 190/55 pilot power is not yet available in Belgium.

If you raise the rear a lil bit you have the same effect then the stock tires.

GreetZ
Peet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:50 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossa
Hi Peet, this weekend was my first chance to ride it in dry conditions and use the DDA. I clocked 154mph at 8600rpm and I really love the bike already.
Cool ... nice write-up. Sounds like you are liking your 1098.

Based on your DDA data, I'm thinking the speedo is probably reading around 7% high.

Peet, or anyone else. Have you had a chance to compare the speedo to a GPS to see how far off the speedo is?

Last edited by [email protected]*; January 3rd, 2007 at 05:57 PM.
1098@45* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 02:57 AM   #34

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]*
Cool ... nice write-up. Sounds like you are liking your 1098.

Based on your DDA data, I'm thinking the speedo is probably reading around 7% high.

Peet, or anyone else. Have you had a chance to compare the speedo to a GPS to see how far off the speedo is?
No i don't use any GPS but whatever speed it is for real it's a lot of fun! I'll try and upload a picture of the dda readings.
gossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:05 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]*
Nope.
Peet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 11:42 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossa
I'll try and upload a picture of the dda readings.
Cool! I've seen the plots from someone else's DDA. It looks like the speed vs rpm data indicates that the speedo probably reads a little high ... not surprising.

That's why I was wondering if someone has checked the speedo accuracy with a GPS. It would be good info.
1098@45* is offline   Reply With Quote