ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts (https://www.ducati.org/forums/)
-   1098/1198 (https://www.ducati.org/forums/1098-1198/)
-   -   Sato Racing Rear Sets *Possible Fail* (https://www.ducati.org/forums/1098-1198/27930-sato-racing-rear-sets-possible-fail.html)

successful808 September 11th, 2010 12:41 AM

Sato Racing Rear Sets *Possible Fail*

3 Attachment(s)
So I have my Sato's on and realized after the bike is warmed up, I HAVE NO BACK BRAKE!!!!:mad:

I called Sato directly and asked them what they thought about it and they told me I have to CUT MY FARING!!! :mad:

Ducati confirmed this... I am a little pissed that I spent all that money only to cut my faring. Has anyone had this issue?

elevens September 11th, 2010 05:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure what you have there, but those look nothing like my Satos from Dan Kyle. These are beautiful, adjustable, smooth shifting and very, very functional.

pootytang September 11th, 2010 08:50 AM

same here -i really like my sato's -no problems of fit -got a great price from dan kyle too -

Wa11er98S September 11th, 2010 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Elevens,

He has Satos type 1 set with brake pedal, you have type 2.

Gary,

I have type 1 also, and my pedal appears to be a lot higher then yours. Even being in the lowest hole on the pedal.

Mine doesn't touch, and NO WAY would I ever cut my fairing. It can be done with out doing that, and whoever told you that should be fired.

Take a different angle pic and compare it to the height of mine.

When I get back I will take some more detailed pics...sorry I don't have any right now.

peewee1703 September 11th, 2010 07:49 PM

Not me

I have type 2. If my brake pedal hit my fairing I would have sent them back.

Peace
Peewee

Duct Tape September 12th, 2010 06:51 PM

+1 on the type 2.

Come to think of it , what do you need a rear brake for?

peewee1703 September 12th, 2010 07:34 PM

Really

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duct Tape (Post 386555)
+1 on the type 2.

Come to think of it , what do you need a rear brake for?

For the first two years I owned this bike I was physically unable to get to the rear brake because of all the hip surgeries I had. NOW!!! With the Satos, I can adjust the brake pedal to where it needs to be when I need it. So I go out thinking OK....now if I WANT to use it I can actually get to it. I go out and I'm STANDING on the damn thing and NOTHING!! Went home and bled the lines (It wa pushing out a TON of air) and now it works!! HOWEVER. I've never been a big rear brake user. If I'm worried about a slippery road then yes. Rear brake is good. Other then that and using it to keep the front end from going over on a Wheelie I don't see much use for it.

Peace
Peewee

successful808 September 12th, 2010 08:04 PM

Since I have the Type 1, can the Type 2 be integrated?

Duct Tape September 13th, 2010 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by successful808 (Post 386583)
Since I have the Type 1, can the Type 2 be integrated?

Good question. Get ahold of Dan Kyle at Kyle racing and he should be able to tell you since SATO is right down the street from him.

Dan Kyle PHone # 831 394 1330
www.kyleusa.com

Boeing777 September 13th, 2010 06:31 AM

Just a thought.....can you place it further around on the spline?
....it simply loads onto a spline, I thought...so slide it on at a higher pitch/angle

Boeing777 September 13th, 2010 06:34 AM

oh...and you can alter the contact point too.....it just screws out with locking nuts.
Pretty sure that'll solve your problem

successful808 September 16th, 2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wa11er98S (Post 386071)
Elevens,

He has Satos type 1 set with brake pedal, you have type 2.

Gary,

I have type 1 also, and my pedal appears to be a lot higher then yours. Even being in the lowest hole on the pedal.

Mine doesn't touch, and NO WAY would I ever cut my fairing. It can be done with out doing that, and whoever told you that should be fired.

Take a different angle pic and compare it to the height of mine.

When I get back I will take some more detailed pics...sorry I don't have any right now.

Interesting... Does your foot have an issue with resting on the brake? I was told if I did that it would heat up and lock. If this is an adjustment issue then i will have a closer look. Will installed my rear set and I am hoping it is just a wuick fix.

lucky phil September 17th, 2010 05:36 AM

There is no spline.Adjust the imput rod and bleed the brake.
Ciao