'09 1198 just die/no power. Need input on possible cause please. - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

'09 1198 just die/no power. Need input on possible cause please.

So, i took my recently acquired 2009 1198 out for a ride today. It has about 260 miles on it. As i was close to home, i pulled over just b/c my neck was getting sore and wanted to stretch out. Pulled over, turned the bike off. When i was ready to head home, i turned the key to the ON position, nothing came on. Blank. The dash was empty. Thankfully, i was already in my neighborhood, so i just coasted my bike to my house. As i was coasting home and with the key being in the ON position, for a second, the lights on the dash came back, but then it just disappear and never showed itself again. Bike wouldn't start, no sign of life on the dash. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? Voltage regulator? Something else? If it matters, engine temperature was about 214 and noticed the battery reading was 14.5 or something in that range.

Appreciate any possible inputs that anyone might have.
illiliil is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #2

If you have a volt meter, check the battery and work from there. There is a loose connection somewhere. Their maybe a faulty electrical component as well. Id start at the battery and make sure all of the ground connections are tight.
nj.devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #3

Sounds like one of the wires on your battery is loose.
2011 KTM 350 SX-F
GSXR_Drew is offline   Reply With Quote