Thoughts on possible purchase... - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:34 PM   #16

ducatis in the registry:
[1198]
[749 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELTWIN View Post
I reckon go for it as well Lukeye! Always had a sweet spot for the Bimota myself.... Right now I am super keen on the Valeno..... something fun, exotically engineered and very different. This one packs the 1100Ds engine.
Same here, Bimotas are the créme de la créme, hand built individually with the most prideful of Italian Manufacturing. Is the Valeno out yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZOSO View Post
I've got the retro 70s style GT1000, which has the 1000DS engine. And I swear it pulls just about as hard as my 1098. My 1098 is a track dedicated bike so it's kinda hard to do a quick comparison but I personally love the DS engine. Gearing will reduce your top speed, or at least that's my conclusion but it pulls extremely hard all the way to about 136 or so. I love cracking the throttle when leaned over abit at a start and getting that motocross crossed up wheellie thing going. If I may quote nike... Just do it.
Funny, I just got off the bike and I have to say I was surprised at the power. It's about 374 lbs dry so it's very light. The front end came up a few times and I was taking it easy. The geometry is far from a superbike but very comfortable. I am thinking I'll go ahead and pick it up. It will sit nicely next to a 2012 superbike!

lukeeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:47 PM   #17
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Nice one Luke. I would like to have one some day myself.
Stimacsays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 05:32 PM   #18

ducatis in the registry:
[GT 1000]

Soooo...
Old February 5th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #19

ducatis in the registry:
[1198]
[749 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZOSO View Post
Soooo...
Passed on it...

Rode it again today... decided not to get it. There were a lot of things I liked, but a few things I didn't. My nuts were getting crushed after only 15 minutes of riding. The rear tail light was broken and ill shaped, and the front mini windscreen was crooked. Also it didn't feel as fast today. I rode a few other bikes including a Hyper S, and a Streetfighter S. I don't know what to do so I did nothing, lol.

My wife got inspired and bought a 2011 796 abs Monster in Arctic White with a red frame. Looks mad "girly" to me but she's happy and can't wait to ride it.

I was tempted to go ahead and swoop up an 1198sp, but I'm focused on the 2012 superbike and it makes no sense to spend 24K on an SP when it will be worth 15,500 in a year.

I just don't know!

Old February 7th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #20

ducatis in the registry:
[GT 1000]

Laguna Seca gave my wife the bug. Two months after the race we purchased the GT for two up riding and we got her the 09 696. Great deal on a left over model. Termi's, Rizoma rear sets and mirrors and a little carbon. Unfortunately at this point the bug seems to have passed and I've got a Monster taking up my limited garage space with a bunch of money thrown at it (a bunch to my wallet anyway). Hopefully Spring weather will get her excited once again. It has been a rather chilly winter here in the Sunshine state.
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #21

ducatis in the registry:
[916 SPS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeeye View Post
I was tempted to go ahead and swoop up an 1198sp, but I'm focused on the 2012 superbike and it makes no sense to spend 24K on an SP when it will be worth 15,500 in a year.

I just don't know!
Have you any ideas on the cost of the 2012 bike? All rumors to date no doubt.
I reckon it will be crazy expensive

brettc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #22

ducatis in the registry:
[1198]
[749 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettc63 View Post
Have you any ideas on the cost of the 2012 bike? All rumors to date no doubt.
I reckon it will be crazy expensive
Figure, worst case, 15-20% more. From what I hear- worth every penny! This is a quote from someone who has seen the concept bike, "It looks like Ducati went 50 years into the future, and brought this bike back through time!"

The S model is a must over the base, and the R, over 200 HP!!!