free 1098 workshop manual - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:51 AM   #16

No ducatis in the registry

nice....now how did you get it from the CD to PDF form?? i have the 1198/s one that i'm sure would be a "fun" read on here...i just don't know how to make it pdf
rcflyer1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #17

Dunno RC...but this may help

Thanks Elevens, 3 bucks in the jar... ta man.
Moto Corse JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #18

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevens View Post
Sorry to be the pardypooper but I guess you missed it too. Here it is:

"Reproduction or disclosure of all or part of the contents of this manual is strictly forbidden. All rights on this manual are reserved for Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. Applications for authorization for reproduction must be submitted in writing and must specify the reasons for such reproduction."

Heros aren't thieves. Posting copyrighted material on a public forum for the world to see is just plain stupid. I hope nobody gets in trouble.
Seriously?

My mattress came with a "do not remove" tag, but I did it. I'm told that using anti seize on my truck's wheel studs is strictly forbidden too, but I'll risk all eight nuts loosening off and the wheel flying off before I get to re-torque it (soo unlikely) as opposed to snapping half the studs because they're rusted solid.

How about Napster, Bit Torrent, P2P sites? Really? This isn't some starving artist I'm stealing the life work from, it's a manual on fixing a bike I already paid for created because it's complicated enough that even a professional mechanic needs more intel.

If the manual copywrite police come after me while the continent spirals into economic and social waste and major crimes don't even have the man power to be addressed we're all doomed.

This is Elton worthy moral nit picking, let's just thank the uploader and move on.
raptuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #19

Quote:
You missed the part about violating copyright laws.
Really Now you have never ever broken the speed limit on your bike have you. Its a LAW as well
locknload595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #20

Yup
Its like the Lobster...... it was a big momma, over 80 years old, and there was some kinda debate on the morals of eating such a grand creature.
They took it to the streets on...Letterman, as I remember.
Blah Blah yada yada ....anyway, after all the bleading hearts had their say, they grabbed this dude...and he said...and remember, this applies to us now...
he said
He's a Lobster. He's in a Lobster tank. He's in a Lobster tank in a Lobster Restaurant.
I say he's food !
Old December 30th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Sorry to be the pardypooper but I guess you missed it too. Here it is:

"Reproduction or disclosure of all or part of the contents of this manual is strictly forbidden. All rights on this manual are reserved for Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. Applications for authorization for reproduction must be submitted in writing and must specify the reasons for such reproduction."

Heros aren't thieves. Posting copyrighted material on a public forum for the world to see is just plain stupid. I hope nobody gets in trouble.

I guess you're right, but.
A : i coughed up a shitload of cash for my bike, so ducati and everyone along the way has made a tidy sum of cash from me already (not including my other bikes!)

B : A "free" manual is only part compensation for getting screwed over by thieving dealers who charge for service work and don't do it! stuff like flushing brake fluid and changing fuel filters.

C : Anyone who puts anything in a digital format and allows it to find it's way onto the internet must with any common sense accept that there will be copies made. No one is making a profit by selling a pirate copy, nor is anyone misrepresenting themselves.

D : Twisted as my view may be, i see this as a public service, far too many dealers view customers as bottomless pits of cash that it's their right to syphon simply because we like a bike they happen to sell, this is insulting, furthermore, by having a copy of a manual i am doing them a favour by limiting my visits to them and therefore lessening their opportunity and temptation to steal and defraud me of my hard earned cash, That is also illegal.

E : downloading music, movies, magazine images, even photographs on sites like photo bucket etc is an infringement of copyright too. Usually accepted practices until the copyrighted material is sold on for a profit by anyone other than it's rightful owner.
oTTo oTTo oTTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #22

So....one could say, fairly safely, that Carbs is quite the modern-day Robin Hood, providing free help to those folk who want to work on their own bike, troubleshoot a problem, or check a torque setting themselves.
Bravo, I say, Bravo!
Happy New Year to you all!
Stay safe!
Old December 31st, 2011, 03:16 AM   #23

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

You guys are funny. Justify it all you want but it's still wrong. Yes I eat lobster and speed all the time. What you're failing to understand is the difference between breaking the law, and honesty/integrity/cheating. I break the law every day, every hour. But I try hard no to lie, steal, or cheat. And no, I've paid for every single song that I own. And so do my kids. We are in the very small minority, we know it. Please don't push your morals on us. Live your life how you want, and I'll live mine the way I think is best.

All I was trying to say was that it's stupid to flaunt to the world that you've stolen intellectual property from a national business. Jeesh, because of that, now I'm a PETA person!
Old December 31st, 2011, 05:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Please don't push your morals on us. Live your life how you want, and I'll live mine the way I think is best.

All I was trying to say was that it's stupid to flaunt to the world that you've stolen intellectual property from a national business. Jeesh, because of that, now I'm a PETA person!
I not pushing anything, I just found a thread for anyone who wants it (I got my Draft copy 3 years ago, so I already have it, but it's too big to email to the other young pirates who dont have it)

Secondly, brother, I aint 'flaunting stolen intellectual property to The World'..... I did, however, find a thread and bump it. Now, if one chooses to use it, it's up to them. I'm not Team .... World Police.

Thirdly, if you hadnt pointed this out in the first place, we'd all be happy and fluffy little pirates.

....plus, whilst I'm on a roll, what's next in this PC Utopia you wish to create...?
I phone the Ducati dealer workshop, ask for a torque setting of a particular bolt, and he tells me to either buy a manual, or bring it in next month and he'll check it for labor cost?
Someone asks for the location of a particular item, and you tell them to buy a manual because its very illegal to disclose that procedure because it's in a manual that is able to be purchased from the manufacturer?

Dude, you cant control the world's morals.
PETA or PITA, or just that fukin' fat kid who dobbed on me for smoking at school.
If you chose not to eat the big Lobster, then good for you, and if you think the various gods love you, then good for you, hope it makes you feel better about yourself.
Attached Images

Last edited by Moto Corse JP; December 31st, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old February 18th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #25

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]
[748 S]

Carbon,
You sir, have done a great service! Despite what the naysayers feel...
Thank you!!!
Old February 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #26
fjn

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Thanks
fjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #27

Huge thx Carbon!! Needed some work done
Livingproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 12:32 AM   #28

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098 S]

Yea Ha -- Thank you very much -- a 1098 manual with the Toque specs (this was the 4th I've download (even paid for one download!) , Thank you
discotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #29

ducatis in the registry:
[848]
[1098 S]
[1199]

Wow dude...

Elevens move on with your moral high ground. No one gives a fuck.

Carbon thanks mate. I believe I also have the 848 manual around. Should be similar but I can try to upload it if anyone is interested.
Old July 7th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #30

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Got a question for y'all
Is the 1098 service manual the same for the SF?
Valve clearance wise?
I know that the SF is the detuned version of the 1098.
Donger is offline   Reply With Quote