Stalling - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #16

No ducatis in the registry

Smile 1098 Stalling issues

I too have had my 1098S for over a week now and it has stalled every day I've rode it. It also died on Mulholland Dr with only 31 miles on it due to a pinched fuel line. They say it came like that from the factory! I had to park it, catch a cab home, and go pick it up!!! Taking it to Willow next week - no red lights there so it shouldn't stall...
Attached Images

ce525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old March 12th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #17

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Send a message via AIM to DucatiGuy
If it's slip on related, then most likley it has to do with the kits ECU (fuel mapping). The factory TPS setting may be too "little" and it's causing the bike to go into a fail safe - cut out mode. Just the sort of glitch that could happen here and there but not all the time. It could also be something to do with the timing/spark map, and an ignition glitch.
DucatiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 09:41 PM   #18

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I have a little more then 400 miles on mine, no stalls. I have been riding twisties, highway and a bit of traffic. Maybe it's the the full termi, my idling rpm is a bit higher because of the termi system. 1450
T-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:05 AM   #20

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

What are the dealers saying, if anything?
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:42 AM   #21

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

hmm mine never stalled at all. It does seem to be the S models and/or the slip ons that are reporting this more often. All of theese have the different ECU correct? maybe thats the issue?
Stevelkinevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #22

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Stalling 1098

I picked my 1098 up yesterday (3/15/07) and it stalled 15 times before I got it home. I called the dealer and they called Ducati. The story I got was that the bike was running too lean. Ducati will be sending me a new ECU and in the mean time the dealer made it run a little richer. I haven't had any time to test it so I'll just hope for the best.

Trey
tbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 05:11 PM   #23

Crap! Mine was delivered today. it's too freaking cold to start it up and we're not expecting warm weather for at least another week or two. First I couldn't sleep because it wasn't here yet, now I won't be able to sleep wondering if it's gonna stall...Ah, I'm not worried, it'll get fixed one way or another...

You know ever since reading about some of you removing the reflectors, I now know what you mean... To quote one of our buddies (forgot who you are), they're just plain fugly....
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:59 PM   #24
CAG

As you are looking at the bike from the right side, there are two brass screws on the throttle bodies. On the vertical cylinder the screw is left of the body and on the horizontal cylinder the screw is to the right. Try closing both screws. I read a post elsewhere by a Ducati tech reccomending this. It solved his problem. I will try it myself when the snow melts and I can ride again. Keep track of where the factory settings were in case you need to revert back to them.

CAG
Old March 17th, 2007, 06:54 AM   #25

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Has anyone considered the gas which it was shipped with? Perhaps while sitting, it created a lacquer on the jets. This has been a problem with my F1 whivh has Delorto Carbs, nad no ECU. If the gas sits for any length of time I can tell, and yes its either clean it or adjust it.

Any thoughts?
weldingshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #26

ducatis in the registry:
[748]

As you are getting plenty of replies on the stalling issue...

2004 Suzuki GSX-R1000 w/ NOS !!!! Tell me more sir
floydstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #27
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCMILLE
What are the dealers saying, if anything?
As this is a new bike the dealers are also trying to sort it out. Some folks claim it is a set up issue as it is not universal to all bikes. It has appeared in all markets though. They are in touch with Ducati as well. The Ducati rep I emailed stated that Ducati is aware of the problem, diagnosing it, and will have a solution shortly. Stay tuned.

I don't think it is fuel related. I have had three tanks through mine, and although it is stalling less, it still does it. Could it have anything to do with a cold weather formulation of the fuel? Does anyone in the southern hemisphere or is there anyone here who owns the bike in an area where winter blends are not used?

CAG
Old March 17th, 2007, 11:42 PM   #28
Administrator

Fuel / air mixture that is the setup of the amount of fuel to delivery to the engine.. hence running "richer" to have more fuel burn. It is not really the type of gas

This issue has also been seen with MVs. Seems our italian beasts have a bit of sensitivity to them
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #29

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Just got my 1098S...had stock exhaust...stalled 20 times in 4 miles of friday night downtown hub bub.....eventually the battery wussed out from all the restarts and I had to let it sit an hour befoe it would start again....seems to be high temps at idle that create the scenario for this.....

Dealer told me an ecu fix is comming but not here yet....so I got a full exhaust as it has a different ECU map....we'll see if it keeps happening....
Orlando1098S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando1098S
Just got my 1098S...had stock exhaust...stalled 20 times in 4 miles of friday night downtown hub bub.....eventually the battery wussed out from all the restarts and I had to let it sit an hour befoe it would start again....seems to be high temps at idle that create the scenario for this.....

Dealer told me an ecu fix is comming but not here yet....so I got a full exhaust as it has a different ECU map....we'll see if it keeps happening....
with this in mind... do any of our full system termi, dedicated ecu users have any feedback on this subject?
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote