Stalling - Page 20 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:10 PM   #286

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by simkab
I picked up my bike a few weeks ago. After having it stall a dozen times I took it to the dealer. The ducati machnic told me they are aware of the stalling and the only way to fix the stalling is to install the new ECU that comes with slip-on or full system. Apparently unless you purchase a new ECU there is no other fix.
Mine got a new ECU but I still have stock pipes

Trey
tbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM   #287

No ducatis in the registry

Sorry to be a stick in the mud everyone but.... Ducati will not sort it out! I had a 2006 999 with the same problem, in the shop 5 times with them working on it for over 30 days the final time. Ducati was finally forced to buy the bike back under the lemon law and I was happy to be done with the problem.

As time has gone on and with the more forums I read and people I talk to; Ducati owns more "Lemon" 999 / 749 's then are on the road.

I had been waiting for the 1098 to come out and for the real (Non magazine) reviews to come out with it. I waited with the hope that the bike would be perfect but I have been disappointed but not surprised by Ducati. I wanted Ducati to figure their past problems out so I could get back on a Duck but it is not looking that way now.

For all of the 1098 owners out there, keep in mind:

A $16,000 PLUS PERFORMANCE MOTORCYCLE SHOULD NOT STALL, IT IS NOT THE CHARATER OF THE BIKE AND DUCATI WILL STRING YOU ALONG.

Stay safe and do what you have to do to get what you want.
Baz152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:12 PM   #288

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaution321
Hey the Honda CBR1000rr had a recall on their owners manual, something to do with the wording noted in the, "owners manual." Why couldn't Ducati have this problem instead of the stalling? Just my luck. lol
the recall was a wrong 800# for customer service... the phone number was for phone sex.

Pamani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:16 PM   #289

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

glad this forum is here! Just picked up my 1098 and it is stalling every now and then as well...hope the dealer knows about the fix when I bring it in! Great information!!!
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:31 PM   #290

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

im getting a little nervous. im selling my dependable Honda to pick up this bike. Ducati is on the right track, lower prices cheaper maintenance. i was hoping they would be more reliable.

Pamani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:49 PM   #291

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

I did mention on another post that when i test rode a 2006 999s it too was stalling. They should start making T-Shirts for these 1098's:
kaution321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM   #292

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

Here are the T-Shirts for Ducati 1098's:

*My 1098 Stalls
*My 1098 sucks but I want one
*If it doesn't stall its not a Ducati
*1098 looks good when stalling
*For sale 1098 that stalls

Any other suggestions for T-Shirt slogans for the 1098?
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:08 PM   #293

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamani
im getting a little nervous. im selling my dependable Honda to pick up this bike. Ducati is on the right track, lower prices cheaper maintenance. i was hoping they would be more reliable.
They fell a little short on reliability. Lower maintenance, lower prices but higher dealer trips to the dealer... Ducati made a deadline for WSB to come up with 1200cc rule change by end of May of 2007. How bout put a deadline for DNA to come up with a fix by end of May?

I'm sure everyone agrees that stalling is dangerous. My benz stalled on me because my fuel pump went out and although i had my hazard lights ON, I was still scared that another veh would rear end me. DNA should install hazard lights for the 1098. If you can't fix it, tweak it!
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #294

ducatis in the registry:
[749]

Well after reading through the first 8 pages I at least feel better that it wasnt just me stalling out!

I just purchased an 05 749 and it stalls at almost every stop if I dont keep the idler turned up - annoying. The bike has 16K miles on it though - so if it has done this all along I dont know how the previous owner put up with it for so long.

Does anyone know if the same cures for the 1098 would work on the 749? I am trying to avoid taking it to the dealer and paying them way too much for something I can fix myself.

Thanks!
Flyin Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:16 PM   #295

I have been reading these posts on stalling for ages and one thing is really starting to bug me.....why are we not hearing about this with UK bikes. The bikes must be the same, or do you guys in the US have different emission requirements....OR is it that your Ducati dealers can't set the bikes up correctly?
Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #296

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore
I have been reading these posts on stalling for ages and one thing is really starting to bug me.....why are we not hearing about this with UK bikes. The bikes must be the same, or do you guys in the US have different emission requirements....OR is it that your Ducati dealers can't set the bikes up correctly?
Its not just the American Bikes, the ones here in Australia are also stalling.
poyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #297

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Ride ending stalling from this London based rider:

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/about4628-0-asc-15.html
SeaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote