1198 Traction Control Modul Relocation - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #16

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopy View Post
I have a set of those mounts.
The DTC unit must be in line with the center of the bike, and also parallel to the ground when you set the rider sag.
Ok, it make sense.
Then I will have to mount it back on the tail.
Rubbish - I'm gonna take a look on those kind of mounts, or maybe fabricate me an adaptor to put the DTC in the same place but attached on the frame.
You guys have been very helpfull.
Remove Ads
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #17

Actually I had made my own bracket from aluminum. It isn't on site anyway, so why not. I had mount the bracket and the DTC module with rubber to the subframe.
Thank you all for all the input.
Attached Images

748R and VRCDucatisti like this.
Old March 6th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #18

there you go! that looks pretty good!
2006 Honda CBR600 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki zzr600 (sold)

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a mild craving for salty foods."
rubbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #19

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

It needs to be paralell with the ground when the bike has rider weight on it, otherwise its settings are compromised.

Unfortunately its not a great system for the track. It has no inputs for changes to variables like tyre size, and it simply cannot respond at a fast enough rate, and can actually drop the torque too quickly as the tyre spins and as a result it grips and launches you. I had to turn mine off in the end.
It either cut in everywhere and upset the balance of the bike...... or on the highest setting it seemed to be doing the right thing until I copped a massive 'full lock' highside where it had shut the spark down and the tyre stopped sliding.

The Pani is much better technology with its wheels speed sensors also taking into consideration the crank angle (in built gyro) so as long as it is turned on it will be pretty effective.
Woopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #20

I have took that into consideration when I had made the bracket. It is just slightly angled to the front, so when I sit on the back will be quite parallel to the ground.
The dynamic of the bike is changing all the time anyway, and even rider weights does play a big roll into this, so I guess the stock mounting wasn't more accurate than this annyway.
Till now the traction system seemed to work good for me. I had seen the DTC light on the screen very often on the track, but never notice the cutout. I am not pushing the limits very hard though, so my experience could be a little limited. Usually I am keeping the system on 4, and on the track sometimes is on 2. I am not a pro so I do not feel the need for a better system yet, but I imagine that they have improved it on the newer bike. It will take a while till I am going to test that
Old June 8th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #21

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

I can offer some feedback;
This DTC works very well, all things considered. I mounted mine on a plate with clamps in the tail, and am using Pirelli superbike 200 slicks SC2. On level 8, it cut the power drastically cornering until upright. Never did it upset balance or do anything obtrusive, it just acted like a underpowered bike until the bike was upright then WHAM it would wheelie and pull hard. I did only 2 laps at lvl 8, as our practice day was wet in the morning. As the day dried up, I changed the DTC settings to where I felt the best compromise - lvl 2. I raced that in the first round, but towards the end of my day, I could feel the traction control hampering me. My lap times dropped 7 seconds over the weekend, but had a hard time being consistent. I realized that the traction control works too well. At lvl 2, it still had the tendency to limit power output while leaned over (very smooth, and I could take corners very fast), once the bike was fully upright the power would come on and loft the front end. It's pretty hard to make forward progress in a race when you have to reduce throttle to keep the front end down. At my next track event, I'm going to try lvl 1, then turn it off as I feel I'd like to control the power on corner exits. Hoping to just be on the cusp of the front wheel lifting, rather than having to close the throttle when the DTC shuts off.
Not only does it control wheel spin, but when leaned it softens the power incrementally. As you accelerate out and straighten up it acts very much like wheelie control. Once fully upright the DTC turns off and wherever the TPS is, you get that full power - which launches that front end up. Does that make sense?

Last edited by Planepower; June 8th, 2013 at 03:20 PM.
Planepower is offline   Reply With Quote