ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts (https://www.ducati.org/forums/)
-   1098/1198 (https://www.ducati.org/forums/1098-1198/)
-   -   Stock or Termignoni (https://www.ducati.org/forums/1098-1198/50585-stock-termignoni.html)

Bob. May 2nd, 2013 07:09 PM

Stock or Termignoni

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

New to the forum here. Just bought my 1198 last week and its a blast! I live in Vegas and haven't seen a single one so the exotic factor is definitely there.

My question is: Is my exhaust aftermarket or stock? I can't tell by the sound because this is my first Ducati and I don't know anyone else with one. It has the Termi logos on each side but the color is fading. Maybe just a byproduct of heat? I asked the dealer and he said they were aftermarket but they just don't seem right.

The first two pictures are each side of the exhaust and the third (with the Ducati etching) is underneath the left exhaust.

Thanks,
Bob.

Bob. May 2nd, 2013 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Side pic

lextech May 2nd, 2013 07:26 PM

Looks stock with a termi sticker on it. I've never seen termi exhaust with black painted cans, and the termi logo is in the wrong place.

Bob. May 2nd, 2013 07:30 PM

Yeah all the ones I've seen online the sticker is towards the end of the exhaust. Thanks for the reply

Diavelrosso May 2nd, 2013 07:32 PM

Those are definitely stock exhaust canisters. The termi's don't have "Ducati" etched on them. Also termi's canisters would either be titanium or carbon fiber. Dealership told you wrong.

Tractionless May 3rd, 2013 09:11 AM

You'll be able to tell a full Termi. compared to yours easily when it's running. It will be vibrating the ground under you for a diameter of 6'!!

manny May 3rd, 2013 02:16 PM

does it said racing when you start the bike?

Duc_L_over_V May 3rd, 2013 02:33 PM

Coating stock cans: understandable.:)
Putting a Termi sticker on them: inexcusable.:wtf:

RIGS May 3rd, 2013 02:34 PM

Probably they are cored and thay's why the previus owner put the termi sticker on them also the locatioon of the sticker is incorrect.
Not that when cored makes them termis but, for the fact that are louder than stock.
Take a pick of the back looking inside the mufflers we can tell if they are cored or not.
But defenetly those are not Termis or any aftermarket brand.

pat1098 May 3rd, 2013 06:47 PM

Yeah - stock mufflers. The S model had mufflers anodised black, while the base ones were silver.
And welcome to the Ducati experience.
:)

Bob. May 3rd, 2013 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When I start the bike up it says sbk 1198 TSE. Termi Slip-On Exhaust? I wish haha. Here's the pic of inside the exhaust

DucsUnlimited May 4th, 2013 06:28 PM

A buddy of mine has termi's that look just like my stock cans and the only way you can tell they're authentic is the holes for the DB killers and right on top of the left can near the tip it says termignoni exhaust. It's a trip believe me. So, if you look at your cans on top near the lip and it says termignoni exhaust than that's awesome..if not, then they're stockers.

pat1098 May 4th, 2013 07:49 PM

Titanium-sleeved Termis will still have Termignoni embossed on them - not Ducati.

Bob. May 5th, 2013 12:30 AM

Yeah, I'm prepared for the fact he was a cheap ass/the dealer lied.

-13duc May 8th, 2013 10:41 AM

Definately the stock black anodized cans. they arent even cored. probably need to gp educate the dealer who sold you that line too.