Do i have a 1098R model? Help - Page 3 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #31
Senior Member

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

 
shippy__'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Newcaslte Aus
Posts: 406
the shock will be a Ohlins du511

sorry but not a ttx

Some Basic Ohlins information - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum


When I was looking at bidding on your bike some of the things I took into consideration wer new forks, 30mm triple clamp, and a ttx mark 2 shock with a flat link from Dan kyle

contact dan show him your photos and tell him what you want he will tell you everything you want hear


.

Last edited by shippy__; June 7th, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
shippy__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #32
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Yeah, they should not be ttx but that's what it says on them. Im just learning about Ducati so not sure whats the go with this one. Thanks for the link
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #33
Senior Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
rubbish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Headlights are good. Yeah ill be getting the bike painted yellow so interested in any colour/condition fairings but really need to shop and keep my budget down. What are you asking for it $$$? Thanks
Due to higher shipping costs (if you're in Australia), $250.
__________________
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (race bike)
2013 Honda CBR500R (race bike)
2010 Ducati 1198 (parted out across North America)
2006 Honda CBR600 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki zzr600 (sold)

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a mild craving for salty foods."
rubbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #34
Senior Member

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]
[1098 S]
[1198 S]

 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 978
well my black sides are mint so be kinda silly to spend all that money to repaint them. the lowers on the other hand have a few light scratches but nothing major, would be perfect for repainting. let me know if your interested. also more pics of your bike close up would be beneficial. like the dash etc. since your dont have any fairings, below your battery on left side is your ecu, on the bottom of it has some numbers, take a pic of that and post as well. but yeah you look to have a 07 1098S
did you get your code card with the bike too? gonna be sol if immobilizer pops up and you dont have code card, also cant program another key without it
im the king of programming keys for 848/1098/1198 now. i keep showing dealerships how to do it. kinda funny

-Carbon
Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #35
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbish View Post
Due to higher shipping costs (if you're in Australia), $250.
Thanks. Let me do some shopping around and will get back to you. Cheers
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #36
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
well my black sides are mint so be kinda silly to spend all that money to repaint them. the lowers on the other hand have a few light scratches but nothing major, would be perfect for repainting. let me know if your interested. also more pics of your bike close up would be beneficial. like the dash etc. since your dont have any fairings, below your battery on left side is your ecu, on the bottom of it has some numbers, take a pic of that and post as well. but yeah you look to have a 07 1098S
did you get your code card with the bike too? gonna be sol if immobilizer pops up and you dont have code card, also cant program another key without it
im the king of programming keys for 848/1098/1198 now. i keep showing dealerships how to do it. kinda funny

-Carbon
Will take more pic today and post. No code card . What are the chances I will need it? So you have full top and bottom L & R side? How much shipped to Australia? Many thanks
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #37
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
well my black sides are mint so be kinda silly to spend all that money to repaint them. the lowers on the other hand have a few light scratches but nothing major, would be perfect for repainting. let me know if your interested. also more pics of your bike close up would be beneficial. like the dash etc. since your dont have any fairings, below your battery on left side is your ecu, on the bottom of it has some numbers, take a pic of that and post as well. but yeah you look to have a 07 1098S
did you get your code card with the bike too? gonna be sol if immobilizer pops up and you dont have code card, also cant program another key without it
im the king of programming keys for 848/1098/1198 now. i keep showing dealerships how to do it. kinda funny

-Carbon
Ok here are some pics that might help.
Attached Images
     
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #38
Senior Member

ducatis in the registry:
[1198]
[748]

 
juan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: north nj
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to juan1
You are in luck my friend that rear shock looks like a ttx mark2 but the bike still a 1098s
The Dark Knight likes this.
juan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #39
Member

ducatis in the registry:
[848 EVO]

 
848evo/rsvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 57
I have a 1098R tail/seat unit if you want. Full carbon finer.
848evo/rsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #40
Senior Member

ducatis in the registry:
[1198]

 
pottebaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In the Rockies!!!
Posts: 1,195
Now how can you tell that is a mark 2. It is definitely a ttx36 rear shock. I don't think you can physically see a difference between a ttx36 my shortened ttx36 or a mark 2 ttx36. If you had them side by side the shortened ttx36 might be a little different but it looks like every other ttx on the bike.

It is definitely cool that you have a ttx on your bike. That is definitely an upgrade.
__________________
2016 Ducati Monster 1200R
2013 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2005 Ducati 999
2010 Ducati 1198
2010 Harley Davidson Sportster Nightster (WIFE'S)
2009 Yamaha YZF-R6
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 (WIFE'S)
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
1982 Kawasaki KZ440
pottebaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #41
Senior Member

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

 
Woopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Will take more pic today and post. No code card . What are the chances I will need it? So you have full top and bottom L & R side? How much shipped to Australia? Many thanks

You don't need a key code card.
Call Deet at ECU Meistro in Melbourne he is a wizard. He can unlock the code from your dash or clone your existing key - all with genuine Ducati keys for half the cost of a blank key from your dealer....
ECU meistro - Australian Motorcycle Key & Odometer Reprogramming ? Australian Motorcycle Red Key & ECU Unlocking
Woopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #42
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopy View Post
You don't need a key code card.
Call Deet at ECU Meistro in Melbourne he is a wizard. He can unlock the code from your dash or clone your existing key - all with genuine Ducati keys for half the cost of a blank key from your dealer....
ECU meistro - Australian Motorcycle Key & Odometer Reprogramming ? Australian Motorcycle Red Key & ECU Unlocking
Cheers. Deet has done some magic for me before. Glad you reminded me
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #43
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 848evo/rsvr View Post
I have a 1098R tail/seat unit if you want. Full carbon finer.
Hi cheers. Since im painting the lot, I can use the tail section I have. But if I change my mind (wich I often do ) and would like some carbon fibre, will get in touch. Many thanks
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #44
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 122
The Dark Night,

As a previous R owner myself, I don't believe that you have a R. A few things stand out just from looking at the photos that you have provided. I am simply basing my thoughts off of the photos and have a few reasons why I don't believe that you have an R:

1. Swingarm is silver, 08 & 09 1098R were black, HOWEVER the 2010 1198R was silver
2. Rearsets are silver, 08 & 09 1098R were black, BUT the 2010 1198R was silver
3. Steering Damper bracket on the frame. If you look at photos of the 2008 - 2010 R's, the bracket for the steering damper has two bolts connecting it to the frame. Looking at your photos it does not have the bolts that hold the steering damper bracket in place.
4. Your gas tank is NOT aluminium like the 2010 1198R, also the 08 1098R had a red tank, and the 09 1098R had a white tank with a red stripe in the middle
5. Your belt covers don't look like they are Carbon Fiber, all 1X98R's came with Carbon Fiber belt covers.
6. You said that the dash brings up 1098R, not 1198R (eliminates the 1198R possibility).

Again, I don't think that you do have a "R", another way to tell is if you have dual injector lines over the airbox. The 1X98R's are the only bikes that have dual injectors per cylinder as opposed to just a single injector like the base, "S", and "SP" models have.

I think that whoever had own the bike previously added a 1098R ECU for either a better fuel map, or it may be possible that the previous owner thought that they could get DTC by adding the ECU to the bike (obviously, doesn't work that way), or maybe the previous owner brought the bike in to get a reflashed ECU and the tune shop or dealership had a ecu laying around.
The Dark Knight likes this.
__________________
2008 Duc 1098R #363/450 (2010-2012)
2008 Duc 1098 (2009 - 2010)
2008 GSXR-1000 (2009 - 2010)
2005 GSXR-1000 (2007 - 2009)
2005 GSXR-750 (2006 - 2007)
1999 GSXR-600 (2005 - 2006)
Diavelrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #45
Member

No ducatis in the registry

 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavelrosso View Post
The Dark Night,

As a previous R owner myself, I don't believe that you have a R. A few things stand out just from looking at the photos that you have provided. I am simply basing my thoughts off of the photos and have a few reasons why I don't believe that you have an R:

1. Swingarm is silver, 08 & 09 1098R were black, HOWEVER the 2010 1198R was silver
2. Rearsets are silver, 08 & 09 1098R were black, BUT the 2010 1198R was silver
3. Steering Damper bracket on the frame. If you look at photos of the 2008 - 2010 R's, the bracket for the steering damper has two bolts connecting it to the frame. Looking at your photos it does not have the bolts that hold the steering damper bracket in place.
4. Your gas tank is NOT aluminium like the 2010 1198R, also the 08 1098R had a red tank, and the 09 1098R had a white tank with a red stripe in the middle
5. Your belt covers don't look like they are Carbon Fiber, all 1X98R's came with Carbon Fiber belt covers.
6. You said that the dash brings up 1098R, not 1198R (eliminates the 1198R possibility).

Again, I don't think that you do have a "R", another way to tell is if you have dual injector lines over the airbox. The 1X98R's are the only bikes that have dual injectors per cylinder as opposed to just a single injector like the base, "S", and "SP" models have.

I think that whoever had own the bike previously added a 1098R ECU for either a better fuel map, or it may be possible that the previous owner thought that they could get DTC by adding the ECU to the bike (obviously, doesn't work that way), or maybe the previous owner brought the bike in to get a reflashed ECU and the tune shop or dealership had a ecu laying around.
Yeah I think you are spot on. Has to be S model with a few extras. Still happy and cant wait to have it all finished. Many thanks for your help.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Search tags for this page

1098r or 1198r

,

auction ducati

,

code card number location

,
ducati 1098 doi 2013
,

ducati 1098 repairable

,
ducati 1098 repairable write off
,
ducati 1098r ecu
,

ducati ecumeistro deet

,
ecumeistro cost
,

how can i tell which model of a ducati 1098

Click on a term to search for related topics.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.