Help: Error code Pickup 34.0 - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #16

No ducatis in the registry

I'm having the exact same problem. But the dealer is 3 hrs away from where I live. Called them and they had me change the cam timing pickup sensor which tells the ecu were the engine is at as far as RPM or so the tech told me. I changed it and my 2007 1098 is still belly up. My next move is to replace the battery being that the one I bought at advance auto parts only gives 12.4 V and I'm praying is the source of my problem. Tech said it might be the ECU. $1000 ouch!!!
Old May 26th, 2016, 03:52 AM   #17

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S Tri-Color]

This happend twice since I been owning that heap of metal;

The sensor in top right of the clutch,single wire lead easily reachable without removing panels.

Just unconnect and it fires right up.

In fact,when the 1st one went I just plugged it with a bolt and some teflon tape but that came out as unnecessary as just this morning it went out again (showed me quick warning yellow light flashes for afew days) and plainly refused to start...unplugging the sensor again and it fired right up...again.

Useless techno crap
martinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 07:08 PM   #18

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 SP]

Just got the 34.0 Pk.UP code....Ughhh its a 2011 1198SP with 8100miles on it. Going to replace the battery as its the original battery (i keep it on a tender when not riding). Hope nothing more..... Any other suggestions?
Skee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2016, 06:02 AM   #19

ducatis in the registry:
[1198 S]

i just encountered the same problem i tried to switch it on but after 5 minutes of trying the check engine lights on and then the ERROR PK.UP 34.0 appeared so i decided not to push it further because it might damage the starter relay..i have a new battery YUASA just bought it last year.
my Ducati 1198s is stuck in the house for less than a week after a 50 miles rode with my friend and i didn't have any trouble all the way back to home.
Johan erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2016, 06:54 AM   #20

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I had the 34.0 code too. Created by low voltage. New battery.... Problem fixed
MotogpClaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2016, 01:43 PM   #21

No ducatis in the registry

had this happen too when i first got my 1098 and after searching i thought it was a dead battery too. Tried to start the bike on a cold day and it cranked but barely and just shut off. tried it again and still nothing. I let the bike sit with the key on to look through the dash and see if there was any warning lights and after about 5 minutes of scrolling through i decided to try to start again and this time it worked. Found out from the old owner he had switched to a Shorai battery and it required to be warmed up prior to actually starting it. Shorais are pretty popular because theyre light and have high cca so before you rule out the battery i would check to see if it is a lithium one.
papawle is offline   Reply With Quote