New bike .... new chick - Page 3 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #31

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I'll have one for you .... it's just after 7pm here, so nobody will stare! (I don't do 'old lush' very well!) S'funny - one of the things I picked up from my Dad was to say 'standby' instead of 'hold on'. That gives it away! No wonder I have the tomboy in me. Oh yes - my daughter is about to join the British Army - to train up as a helicopter pilot. Her dream is to fly the Apache. Now that suddenly puts my 1098 in the shade!!!!!
Remove Ads
Old May 15th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #32

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Outstanding! I hope my children hear the call to serve as well!
Old May 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #33

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Marty2608 - my apologies. I got so carried away with all this smut. Forgot to acknowledge what a beautiful 1098S you have. Super picture of it, too - though it looks as cold as it is here. Presume you're also in the U.S.?? Methinks everyone in the U.K. go to sleep early... I do like the duc in black but it was a little too 'manly' for me - reminded me of the 'Man with the Black Magic chocolates' ads. I love the subtle colouring of the wheels, too. Very sexy bike. Thanks for showing us the pic! How about one in a thong ..... or better still, a nice old grey jockstrap?!!!!!!!!!
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:16 PM   #34

No ducatis in the registry

While we're on the topic of smut:

Used very coherently in a Pee Wee Herman voice, "Ha! Ha! The word of the day is... legs! Ha! Ha! Spread the word!"

Now that I got that out of my system , here's to you folks that serve!
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #35

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Marty 2608,
Excellent choice of color. Everyone knows you have an "S". Can't beat that.

Legs,
Love the fact that a woman rides. There just isn't enough of you out there. Still waiting for a woman to race World Superbike. Enjoy the bike. You made an great choice.
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #36

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S Tri-Color]

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your ride! If your like many of us, it might only be your first in a line of Ducs and memories.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:03 PM   #37

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah1 View Post
While we're on the topic of smut:

Used very coherently in a Pee Wee Herman voice, "Ha! Ha! The word of the day is... legs! Ha! Ha! Spread the word!"

Now that I got that out of my system , here's to you folks that serve!
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #38

ducatis in the registry:
[916 SPS]

A pretty girl walks in the room............

What a difference a set of Tits make !!!!!

It's as if all your mothers just walked into the room. Yes maam, nice to meet you..... oh that's lovely. Yes you can take my place at the front of the line.

Now let's see.....
An introductory thread...OK. In the space of 12 hours we get 4 pages... nothing wrong with that either. First time bike owner, check, straight to a 1098, check.
Oh.. & a Lawyer too! Oh isn't that wonderful,. would you like my seat? I'm not using it.

Legs - yep welcome aboard and I'll second all the welcoming sentiments that preceded this post and all that follow it. After all, I suffer the same afflictions that come with being male.

Just a funny observation Legs - search the threads where some poor soul comes in and asks whether he should by a 1098 or 848 as a first bike and then compare the replies to your warm welcome received here.
Anyone else notice?
And then there is the Lawyer thing. How come Elton doesn't get this kind of treatment too?????? (You'll meet Elton I'm sure Legs. You may already have)

Ah... the power of the pouch.

Legs - that sounds appropriate as well, as you haven't mentioned any problems with touching the ground whilst on your bike. Uh oh..... mind wandering.... blood draining from head..... lady on a Ducati....... impure thoughts........ Damn you biology and genetics, leave me alone, I'm trying to have a conversation..... can't fight it anymore.....

Now how do we get a photo shoot organised with Raptuous' wife? Now she's got a great set of legs as well.

Old May 15th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #39

No ducatis in the registry

hiya Legs thanks for the comments about my bike and NO im not in the USA im in the UK Norfolk.
will see what i can find in me underwear draw
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:58 PM   #40

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I know ... I know. I had noticed and you have no idea how much good it has done me. No idea! Predictable or not - I think it's great. Long may that continue. That's why I said earlier in my thread - please don't be P.C. or polite. I'm used to male company and let's face it - these forums are predominantly male and it was with some trepidation I put in my first entry. You just don't know what sort of reaction you'll get. Yes - if I had been sensible, I would have looked at the 848 at the very top end. << sigh >> But I'm not. I can be such a bimbo sometimes. But I enjoy powerful motors and do treat them with respect. I have a BMW sports coupe and did my advance driving to really understand how to drive it. But this bike...... well, she commands soooooo much respect and there have been better riders who have misunderstood her. We'll see.

But in the meantime, thank you all for being so welcoming ..... even if it is for the most ultruistic reasons!!!!! ;0) I have come across kindly concern, good down to earth flirting and teasing but no patronising or judging .... and that is what I had hoped for when I came on this forum. It gives this English Rose confidence to grow with the bike and report back without fear of anyone smirking or cynicism!
(And yes, I've 'met' Elton!!!) x
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:24 PM   #41

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Welcome, Legs!
I guess I've been demoted to 2nd newest kid on the block
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:30 PM   #42

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Heeehee .... I think you just may have been! Have you been asked to drape across your duc in your posing pouch yet??!! Methinks I'm not going to get any peace until I do! x
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:34 PM   #43

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Elton is a peach Legs,

Welcome and yes we have a thread that is goin own due to female element. My wife is a Brit and is HOG true blue. She an't got much respect for my1098 but she let me join her on non Harley yesterday for a short ride.

Good luck with your 1098, I have a blast with mine and have had no issues with my little Italian misstress to date.
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:34 PM   #44

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs View Post
Have you been asked to drape across your duc in your posing pouch yet??!! Methinks I'm not going to get any peace until I do! x
17 times already, but I'm just ignoring them...
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #45

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Panman - thank you for the welcome. I have a few friends who are H.D. lovers .... I tell 'em they're just great big gin palaces. So glad you've had no issues with your 1098. I think if you get a good one, it's brilliant and they certainly seem to have sorted out the unreliability issues and reputation of old.

Duc L'Smart - pssssssst! You'll find they'll leave you alone if you go light on the lipstick. Works every time. ;0)))))
Closed Thread