New Color Options!!! - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2006, 10:15 PM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

New Color Options!!!

Just posted on ducatiusa.com are two additional colors for the 1098!

Kickass yellow for the standard:

And Badass black for the 'S' model:

Now I am truly torn...
van-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old December 25th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #2

No ducatis in the registry

DAMMIT -- why do they do this to us?!?!?!?!?

Decisions decisions ........right now my deposit is down on a red S but WOW that black looks stunning ....

Anyone know if the S is going to come with the Black canisters? I have seen them in a number of pictures.
Arai1098S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[749]

I would love to see a 1098 Dark

Tufduc

78 900 SS
2007 1098 base

Calgary Canada

Tufduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 12:21 PM   #4

I switched my deposit from the Tri-Colore to the Black S! The Tri-Colore looks too much like a collectors bike and not something you want to ride very much. Personally, I think the Black S would look the best if it also had the Tri-Colore's gold frame & wheels

Nevertheless, I think it'll look great the way it comes with the red frame complemented nicely with the red striped wheels. Amazingly I was able to go from first in line for a Tri-Colore to first inline for a black S at my dealer! So I'm happy about that.

Does anyone know where I can find more pics of the black S? The pic at Ducati's website isn't very good. It almost looks like it's just a photoshop pic.

I'm assuming the black 1098S's will ship the same time as the reds so that would put them around Feb. to early March for delivery. Much better than the April release I was expecting for the Tri-Colore.

Last edited by Black 1098S; January 2nd, 2007 at 01:13 PM.
Black 1098S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 12:51 PM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

I decided on a black S too; as you could probably guess from my avatar
I totally agree about grey or gold wheels and frame, but I have no complaints about the red either.
Sadly, there aren't any other pics out at the moment. if you look at the pics on ducati's website closely you can see the caption that says that the photo's are unofficial, which probably means that just grabbed a red one and painted it black for the one photo. I bet we'll see it all when some acutally roll of the assembly line officially hehehehe! I can't wait!
Old January 2nd, 2007, 01:11 PM   #6

Yes, I think the pic on Ducati's website is just a photoshopped red 1098! I really would be nice to see real pics of a black 1098s from different angles but for now I just look at the red one and use my imagination. I think all the colors look good. It would also be a nice touch if they painted the swimg arm matte black!

An all black 1098s with the tri-colore's gold wheels & frame matching the Ohlins forks and shocks. Combine that with a matte black swing arm (hell they should make the kick stand matte black also) and I would be in pure heaven. I would do it myself but i don't want to spend that much money. I just want the full termi exhaust system, pcIII, & a slipper clutch then I'm all set.
Black 1098S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 03:40 PM   #7

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black 1098S
Yes, I think the pic on Ducati's website is just a photoshopped red 1098! I really would be nice to see real pics of a black 1098s from different angles but for now I just look at the red one and use my imagination. I think all the colors look good. It would also be a nice touch if they painted the swimg arm matte black!

An all black 1098s with the tri-colore's gold wheels & frame matching the Ohlins forks and shocks. Combine that with a matte black swing arm (hell they should make the kick stand matte black also) and I would be in pure heaven. I would do it myself but i don't want to spend that much money. I just want the full termi exhaust system, pcIII, & a slipper clutch then I'm all set.

HA! I perfected that tecnique in Jr High with ... well thank God for Victoria Seceret.