Ducati.org forum banner

2009 1198 DTC and DQS questions

6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  mguerios 
#1 ·
I reflashed my 1198 edu with 1198 sp DP slip-on software around a year ago. Removed the Lambas and Exhaust valve from the bike and turned them off in the software, the bike runs great. Although it left me with a DTC error on the dash because I didn't have the DTC unit installed on the bike.
Few weeks ago I decided to buy the DTC unit and the DQS shifter along with the front sensor. I installed the DQS and DTC unit, No more check engine light on :) although I still get a front speed sensor error(still waiting for my pickups to be milled and installed) only seen when using guzzidiag.
I tried using tried using the DQS when out riding with no luck. No matter how hard I tried to shift without letting off the throttle no go... Doesn't matter what gear or RPM, no cut and shift. I am wondering if it won't work if the DTC doesn't see the front sensor. I double checked at the DTC unit if its getting a signal from the DQS with a multimeter and everything is ok.

Do you guys think that it needs that input for the DQS to work? I wish that guzzidaig or ducatidaig would allow you to see more into the DTC and DQS to check functions...

thanks guys
Bmo

See less See more
#5 ·
No errors with the rear sensor. The rear uses the speed sensor for the speedo, and that displays fine.
Just strange, you wouldn't think dqs would depend on the front dtc sensor. I know that the dqs signal runs threw the dtc main brain and uses it to cut the spark while up shifting. Then again...

#10 ·
Just an update, I have everything working now. I guess that everything has to be present to function as a whole. I finished up mounting the front sensor and speed pickups to day and took it out for a test ride. DQS works now, I guess that that system depends on a fulling functioning DTC.

#12 ·
Yup all you need is a front speed sensor/bracket, dtc unit, and the right rotor from a "S" mode or you rig in sensor pickups to your original rotors. You will also need a ecu or reflash for an "S" or SP if you want the quickshift option

1098 is a different story
I think I can modify an 1098 ecu to accept dtc, haven't tried yet though. You'll need the above parts and a 1198 harness

#14 ·
Yes correct the 1198 didn't come with DTC or DQS. The best thing about the retrofit is that all the wiring and plugs where all ready there. I just had to install the components and plug them in and reflash the ecu with the 2011 1198sp software of your choice.
There are a few write ups on how to do it here or google.

I think I discovered the best feature of the Quick Shifter today. Full throttle clutchless shifting with the DQS has the most amazing sound you'll ever here. When I am really hard on the throttle shifting from 2nd on up there is a amazing pop sound from the exhaust. It reminds me when I went to MotoGP and heard the bikes ripping threw the gears down the straights. I was giggling for hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.