This may make a grown man cry ( theft?) of my 1098? - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:26 PM   #16

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I completely agree. It sounds totally dodgey and I wouldn't like to be the manager when he faces you in the morning.

I am at a disadvantage here as it's UK law comparing with US law - but in the UK, the law is that bike is in the hands of the garage/dealer and whilst it is in their hands, it is their responsibility. And they have (should have) insurance to cover it. Until such time as it is safely handed back to the owner, they are completely culpable for its safety ..... and you -(and they) implicitly agree to that when you handed your baby over to them.

BTW - I just had my (brilliant) ducati dealer in St Neots, Bedfordshire, collect my bike for its first year's service and return it. They charged me £1 a mile....
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:30 PM   #17

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

If by chance this was Colemans I remember a lot of horror stories about them when I first got on this forum last year. I can feel for how you got into this mess, I travel with work constantly and feel like every aspect of my home life has to be trusted to someone else, in this case to your local dealer. I've been fortunate to have a very small but super loyal circle of friends and family that usually someone pulls through for me. With all these dealer disasters I almost wonder if we forum members should just start looking out for each other, strength in numbers kind of thing. I'm with midnightrider, I smell scam - sick the lawyers on them. Did you get your GSXR back? At least you'd have some wheels while this drama plays itself out. Good luck, hopefully the the dealer just "forgot" to deliver the whole bike once some pressure is applied.
raptuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:38 PM   #18

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

I dont know what it may be guys? my gsxr that was stolen is going to auction. hopefully i will finnish the papers on my 999r tomorow. but this bike has just taken too long to deal with crap like this. i want her back!

as far as an inside job??? i could see the guy that moves the bikes calling someone? but not my service guy, he is too nurdy and white.

no it is not coleman.
chakarji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:53 PM   #19

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakarji View Post
hey! whats it like being married?
Just give half your shyte to her now and cut out the middle man.
CurbJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:58 PM   #20

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

lol fuck it, its worth a shot!
Old June 1st, 2008, 01:06 PM   #21

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

bro as for ur question about being married.....well just MAKE SURE she loves to ride as much as you do and respects the part of ur life that she'll have to deal with ur other woman--Sexy RED!!! lol speaking from experience my friend.

hit em b#$%^& where it hurts brother....G-Luck tomorrow with the shop.
okibOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 04:43 PM   #22

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

+1 on Duc Pond Motorsports in Winchester VA.
Old June 1st, 2008, 06:09 PM   #23

ducatis in the registry:
[916 SPS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeegle View Post
Geez,

Let's hope its still inside come monday. But when I read the part where they'd park it outside and hide the key, I cringed. I'd never agree to that. Either their nice enough to make arrangements and open the shop after hours for you, or you get there before they close, otherwise I'd bite the bullet and pick it up when you're able, my .02 cents.
+ a gazillion

That would be like throwing a dead cow on the footpath and not expecting the neighbourhood dogs to eat any of it.

brettc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 06:52 PM   #24

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Wait, wait, WAIT!

Now these donuts, are we talking jelly, sprinkes... I mean?

Jason

ps. Sorry to be be dick, hope to here better news on this tomorrow and I am not talking about just the donuts...

Also... If the bike was left outside the dealer and it was infact stolen, does that lay on your insurance or theirs?

Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:04 PM   #25

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

His insurance being that he gave permission to remove it from the dealer premises.
WHYB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 08:01 PM   #26
jun

This is scary.

I am about to bring my 1098 to the same dealer, Battley, tomorrow after office hours to have my sprocket recall done. I bought my 1098 from them, as well as my previous bike, a BMW R1200S.
jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:11 PM   #27

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Small Dealer= Good service. I had my 999 dash replaced under warranty ($1500 part) when I didn't even buy it from them and it was out of warranty. Trust me Speed's cycle would definately be worth the drive to Elkridge
02firehawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 03:10 AM   #28

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun View Post
This is scary.

I am about to bring my 1098 to the same dealer, Battley, tomorrow after office hours to have my sprocket recall done. I bought my 1098 from them, as well as my previous bike, a BMW R1200S.

maybe ill see you there? im not leaving untill i get satisfaction.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:49 AM   #29
jun

Quote:
I'll be there late in the afternoon.

I hope you get your situation resolved.
jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:08 AM   #30

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
If you are taking a gun you may want to tell people to go a little later than you, at least us forum members... Well most of us.

Jason

Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote