This may make a grown man cry ( theft?) of my 1098? - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:26 AM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

This may make a grown man cry ( theft?) of my 1098?

This is maybe the worst week of service i have EVER received in my life from ANY dealership, PERIOD!
I am upset, and disappointed. and i think my bike was stolen on top of it!

my 1098's mods were completed about 2 weeks ago, at which point it was shipped in to dc from LA, when my bike got here i did my last minute touches and went for a ride on Friday of last week. As im riding i feel a problem with my shifter not going past 3rd gear and i place a post here on the forum for help. I come to the realization that i cannot do it myself so i call my local Ducati dealer's <---plural to see if i can get some fast help.

This is where my sad story of service, and lack of compassion come in.

Monday this past week i call 2 dealers about my bike, one was in VA, the other was Battley cycles in gaithersburg MD, I speak to the service dept and ask about my bike being towed. I ask about how to contact Ducati roadside assistance. BOTH places tell me there is NO SUCH THING! and id have to pay for towing at around 180 dollars for 12 miles....
I call DNA and ask them about my road side assistance and they give me a # and tell me that the dealers are wrong and they will have a talk with them.

the nicest tow guy arrives at my home on Tuesday morning. carefully places my baby on his truck and delivers it to Battley cycles. I arrive 10 minutes after him to complete the arrangements at the service desk.

In i come with a dozen doughnuts, and i am greeted by a nice guy at service. he looks the bike over and says he will fix EVERYTHING that needs fixing and then some if needed, also he says he will fast track my sprocket, I left for cape hatteras NC on Thursday with some friends, on my way home yesterday at 4:04 pm i receive a call that my bike is ready.(((this is where the fun starts ))) I am told the bike is ready as is the sprocket, i am charged 168.00 dollars for an adjustment on a bike that is still under warranty!!!!!!!!!!! WTF i think, then i says F it ill just pay it, i want to ride my bike. He says i can leave it out side for you and hide your key, ( since i wouldn't be home until 10 pm ) so i arrive home, shower, get a ride with my brother, I arrive at the dealer and find my key,,bit NO BIKE; I am overcome by a sinking feeling in my gut. I call the police, and they arrive in 5 min.

The police lady was wonderful, she set up a report( i called them so i have my bases covered since the place is closed till Monday) I pleaded with her to call the emergency # on file to see if they can get ahold of my service writer, I thought "Maybe they forgot it inside but DID place my key in the requested spot??"
they get the manager on the phone and his response made the cop so mad she swore never to do business with them again! this ass hole says,

" why the hell are you guys calling me about his bike? report the dam thing stolen its not my fucking problem" and slams the phone in the officers face.

I am waiting on pins and needles till Monday to see if they forgot it inside, or were worried about the rain that was supposed to come, or if its stolen!

If i wasn't a man i would cry my fucking eyes out!

Hanna

Last edited by chakarji; June 1st, 2008 at 09:30 AM.
chakarji is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:37 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S Tri-Color]

Terrible story...I feel your pain...Hopefully its inside.
B Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:47 AM   #3

No ducatis in the registry

I think u need a gun
PunksNotDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

dude, wat's the deal with this dealership? first no idea about the roadside assistance thing then the attitude. i mean that's the manager for god sake....who do you go to after that a-hole for that company.....maybe the owner....with ur luck now..the manager is probably the owner...hope it's all roses on monday brother.
okibOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:51 AM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[ST 4]

shooting the bastard would be to quick, you need someone with gun to hold on the others whilst you do some work with a baseball bat.
Confederate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:06 AM   #6

Geez,

Let's hope its still inside come monday. But when I read the part where they'd park it outside and hide the key, I cringed. I'd never agree to that. Either their nice enough to make arrangements and open the shop after hours for you, or you get there before they close, otherwise I'd bite the bullet and pick it up when you're able, my .02 cents.
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:32 AM   #7

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

I'd report the dealer to DNA. Not just for his incompetence, but for his arrogance too. If Ducati is so proud of their customer service, then he should be admonished by them for this. I would not have tolerated it for a second, and my hope is that DNA wouldn't either. Hope you get your baby back, and she is well.
1984 Red/Grey 900 Ninja (RIP)
mr_honez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:39 AM   #8

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Sorry to hear about your bike man that just sucks. If you need service on your bike go to Speed's cycle in Elkridge, MD it's a small dealer that only sells Ducati and Moto Guzi. They helped me out when I bought my 03 Ducati 999 out of state and it had electrical problems that didn't show up until I got home. They really took care of me which is why I went back there and bought my new 1098 from them.
02firehawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:59 AM   #9

Sorry to hear that dude. I'm assuming the dealership in VA you dealt with was Colemans...do yourself a favor and deal with Duc Pond if at all possible. Bit more of a drive but well worth it.
CurbJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:10 AM   #10

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

well I own guns, but that wont solve a thing,,,, I want the dam bike! i have ridden it a total of 20 Fing miles. I am at wit's end with this thing.

1st im shocked i got charged for them to adjust a shift linkage on a bike that's under warr

2nd im shocked they tried to screw me with the towing to pocket $$$

3rd im shocked the F ing manager doesn't have the service managers tell # ??? WTF I have a business and have every employees # on my cell phone.

Im going to sue the living shit out of these ass holes. Hopefully they I will get a 1098 R out of this dam debacle. if its inside they better have a good excuse! I didn't sleep last night, I just snapped at my girl friend, I am about to go nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:11 AM   #11

That's not cool at all. I hope she's parked up inside and the manager gets sacked and then charged for verbally assaulting a cop over the phone!

Seems to be one thing after another with the after sales service that Ducati supply. If anyone from Ducati Italy is reading this you need to open your eyes and ears.
Nick Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:29 AM   #12

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]
[1098]

i have the ass holes name,. I am going to have a fucking field day tomorrow, i cleared my whole schedule for this.

im calling my lawyer first thing in the morning. lets see what happens with this whole thing?!

on a side note i met a wonderful girl! and i feel like a 16 year old kid with a hard on the size of a bus!!! ill post pics,,,,, hey! whats it like being married?

Last edited by chakarji; June 1st, 2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:02 PM   #13

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Just keep the reality on the floor first, one step after another and first get your bike back. When you have it back or get a new bike celebrate it with the beloved police officer By the way, get focused on the real life and follow your heart and not the online tips.
Franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:07 PM   #14

Maybe I'm overevaluating but it sounds like a job from the inside. Think about it, he calls you tells you he's leaving the bike and the key, gets an insider to just take the bike home on the spot, assumes you call the police and claim insurance.....the whole scam is over with. You eventually get a new bike, with a higher insurance premium and he sells/chops the bike.

My .02
midnightrider10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM   #15

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

im tired of these fucking dealers and there bullshit attitudes.