GOT HIT! And thats the least of my worries... - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:00 PM   #16

No ducatis in the registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanrr1 View Post
If you are in the USA you usually have 30 days to pay and reactivate an expired policy. Pay your insurance today!
that will definitely be a plus in the court should it reach
there, you better walk in with an insurance card that is valid and sorry judge but I didn't know my insurance was out of date for XX days due to a family trip etc.....

just get the damn insurance card.
Ghostrider_2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 4th, 2008, 11:16 PM   #17

I got the bike re-insured the very next day, so thats taken care of. I talked to a lawyer and he said I will not have to go to prison because its a first offense, and I have a clean record; this is the first accident ive ever been in, car or bike, major or minor, and i havent been pulled over since my first year of driving back in high school and im 24 now.

I understand it was a VERY stupid decision on my part to ride without insurance, but for some stupid reason I didnt put it on my list of priorities, although it was definately next on the list.

I am going back to school, just switched jobs, moved into a new apartment, and fell behind on bills over the past month so I am catching up little by little. Unfortunately, the 400 bucks I needed to reactivate my insurance is much less than what I will have to face now, but I suppose thats a risk I took and saw the losing end of it.

Anyway thank you all for your "hope you're OK"s and anyone that gave me input as to what my course of action should be. I have not yet seen my bike since the accident because I did not have the heart, but I will do so this sunday and post some pix when I get my camera back from a friend.

I found out that the car hit the bike dead on where the rear set and clutch cover is, and that would be the cause of one of the clutch studs snapping. I hope this did not somehow seize up the engine, as I do not even remember if the bike was running when i went back to pick it up and off the road. I remember getting hit, feeling scared, rolling, stopping rolling, getting up and almost killing the asshole that hit me and after that I kinda blanked out for a minute.

Will keep you guys posted on the outcome, so anyone here that is stupid enough to do what I did can learn from my unfortunate mistake. I know sure as hell that I learned from mine.
U53ful 1di0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 04:35 AM   #18

ducatis in the registry:
[749 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobWM View Post
Ugh wtf... why would you not have insurance on a 1098?

If you can't afford insurance on a $15k bike then you can't afford the bike. This kind of stuff really brings down the 'Ducati' brand. I expect it more with the gixxers..

Ya Ya and if he had a harley i suppose he'd have pulled the sawn off from under his trench coat and put a 12inch hole in the other driver's chest.Wake up and smell the roses asshole,it,s only a bike!!!
paddyduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 06:25 AM   #19

Isnt it coffee that youre supposed to smell when you wake up?
Merto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #20

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Who cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merto View Post
Isnt it coffee that youre supposed to smell when you wake up?
Coffe?
Roses?
I really don't care which. Just as long as it is not an ASSHOLE I'm smelling when I wake up!!
Old July 7th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #21

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S Tri-Color]

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyduc View Post
Ya Ya and if he had a harley i suppose he'd have pulled the sawn off from under his trench coat and put a 12inch hole in the other driver's chest.Wake up and smell the roses asshole,it,s only a bike!!!
thank you.....beginning to think nobody agreed.
morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #22

Now to think of it, i wonder what a "roses asshole" would smell like... roses? or asshole?
U53ful 1di0t is offline   Reply With Quote