Anyone with clutch/gearbox problems - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:33 PM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Anyone with clutch/gearbox problems

two days ago i was riding home, i went to down shift to pass a car and the shifter wouldnt move. i pumped the clutch a few times and tried again but it was just grinding the gears. i limped it home in like third gear and when i got home i noticed the clutch had a loud screaming noise coming from it. i got some dot 4 brake fluid and bled the line but still the same thing. it feels very twitchy shifting up when it is at idle and will not shift down at all. the shifter just wont move down easily and when you push it a little harder it just grinds.
im calling road side assistance tomorrow morning and having it shiped to edmonton (4 1/2 hours away) for waranty. but what i was wondering is has anyone had this problem. i have searched the forum and found things on clutch bark and things like that. but thats not like my problem. just wondering if anyone has experienced this and know whats wrong.
any help would be awesome, just wanna get an idea of how seriouse this is. thanks

Greg

2008 1098 Red
2006 R6 Blue (sold)
Bigcheese_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:35 PM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

That sounds pretty serious, how many Km do you have on it?
raptuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:39 PM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Like 1400k I just got it back like 3 days before this happened. I have a set on sato rearsets on it, they wouldn't try and pin that on the cause do you think. Should I take them off for the warrinty?

2008 1098 Red
2006 R6 Blue (sold)
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[916 SPS]

BigCheese - Here's a thread the angry MAN OF GOD & YELLING posted not long back and I'm sure I read a couple of others somewhere (searching can be a bitch if you'r not holding your mouth right )

If it is the same problem, then apparently bleeding the clutch is the answer and not gearbox related. So in that case, unless you 'altered' the linkage with your new reasets I would'nt be worried about those voiding warranty. Even if your rear set install inadvertently changed the linkage adjustment it is still no cause to affect the validity of the warranty.
4 1/2 hrs - & I thought I had it tough!

Edit: Bleeding hydraulics is another of those finicky 'hold your mouth' right kind of jobs too. Worth another look ???

Last edited by brettc63; July 2nd, 2008 at 10:13 PM.
brettc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:25 PM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Thanks brett. thats the post that i found by searching. i asked chakarji and he didnt know what they did. he said it was just an adjustment. i bled the clutch tonight and it didnt work at all. same shit. it sucks because at the 1000k service that i got done like 3 days before this happened, i got the termi slip on kit installed and the suspension tuned to my height and weight. and i couldnt stop riding it. i mean the bike feels so good now. and then this had to happen. oh well thats a duc i guess. tease you a little bit just to keep you wanting more.
its more like wiping my arse with sand paper right now brett. thanks for the help, ill just leave the rearsets on then

2008 1098 Red
2006 R6 Blue (sold)
Old July 4th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Argyll motorsports said they know the problem, its something to do with the shift linkage or something. but its just an adjustment i guess. any who its going to be fixed on the 9th, only one day and they are going to check over the hole bike and see if recalls were preformed. seem like a great dealership.

2008 1098 Red
2006 R6 Blue (sold)