Just wanted to share a 1098 story..... - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:52 PM   #1

No ducatis in the registry

Just wanted to share a 1098 story.....

i just want to share a little story that happened to me this evening on my way home from work..... i was riding home like i usually do minding my own business, when i came to a stop sign and checked my mirrors like i always do(to make sure no asshole plows into the back of me) when i noticed 3 guys on bikes about 2 cars back. i turned right on to a back road that is a 2 lane raod(one in each direction, no passing zone) that is about 3miles long. at that point i knew that there were atleast 2 cars still behind because of what i saw in my mirrors. when i get to the next stop sign, all three of these guys are now right behind me (they had to have illegally passed those cars just to get behind me) reving there engines and pulling closer to the back of my bike. at this point i am thinking two things...1 they did all that just to see what i was riding or .... 2 they wanted to see what this guy on this bike was about. (now i want you guys to know that i have been riding for years and do consider myself a very good and well educated rider. i never ride outside my limits. so i dont want anyone to think that this is some" tough guy, my bike is the fastest bullshit". this is just a story to let all of you people that own a 1098 know that you have a great motorcycle!!!!) so after about 15 seconds of these guys reving there fucking engines, i figured i should turn. i make a right onto the main road and then the usual left on a back road that leads to the plan that my house is in. as i looked in my mirror after turning, i saw that these guys were still on my ass. so at this point i feel that i should see what these guys are about ( this road to my house is about 2 miles long with a straight away and thena few bends). so as i shift from second to third and get in triple digits on the straight away i figure the test for these guys behind me will be the bends. as i hit the bends (guessing 90-95 maybe a little faster) i figure if these guys can ride like they were leading on, they should be right behind me when i bring this my bike back up straight after the bends.... guess what? no sign of any of them. as i pulled into my plan i looked back and saw one of the guys ride past and give me the thumbs up!!!! once again, this was not a story to brag about riding a bike fast, this was a story to let all you people know that own a 1098....... you own a BAD ASS MUTHERFUCKIN BIKE( especially in the bends)!!!!!
enjoy your 1098!!!!!!
enjoy your
newo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 3rd, 2008, 02:35 AM   #2

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

What a great story! Loved reading it. THATS WHAT ITS ABOUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 07:43 AM   #3

cool story bro, since I got my ST ive always wanted that to happen to me but when other bikes pull up to me all they do is raise there visors and ask "what is that?"
PunksNotDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:45 AM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunksNotDead View Post
cool story bro, since I got my ST ive always wanted that to happen to me but when other bikes pull up to me all they do is raise there visors and ask "what is that?"

Well, it's obviously not a Ducati. I just checked the registry, and no such thing as an ST exists there. Honda makes something called an ST though, perhaps you should look into that?
raptuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:53 AM   #5
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptuous View Post
Well, it's obviously not a Ducati. I just checked the registry, and no such thing as an ST exists there. Honda makes something called an ST though, perhaps you should look into that?
Now I think thats funny. Only in fun Punk, you had to laugh to.
Stimacsays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:59 AM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

yeah, I hope he doesn't go all Auntigravity on me. I could see that becoming a catch phrase on here actually.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:16 AM   #7

Quote:
oh a funny man huh? ur just jealous that my bike aint some cookie cutter 1098, dont push my buttons man! I work for Bombardier so u know i about had it with u canadians!!!!!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:48 AM   #8

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Quote:
yeah, I hope he doesn't go all Auntigravity on me. I could see that becoming a catch phrase on here actually.
I like that catch phrase. I am going to use it also
Old July 3rd, 2008, 11:29 AM   #9

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunksNotDead View Post
oh a funny man huh? ur just jealous that my bike aint some cookie cutter 1098, dont push my buttons man! I work for Bombardier so u know i about had it with u canadians!!!!!
You're a disciple of our demiGod Armand Bombardier?

Why did I just picture a desmo engine in a Rev Chasis?

True, your bike isn't a cookie cutter piece. Once we track down the other three people in North America who bought Touring ducks maybe Alvin will let you in the registry.

Seriously though I like those things, if my buddy hadn't bounced my SS off a rock pile last fall I was going to experiment with making detachable hard luggage for it.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:01 PM   #10

yep, been with bomb for 6 years now but im far from a disciple. I had an SS also that i had to sell to pay for a new pool liner, the old liner was about to dump 25k gal. of water in my basement so i needed big cash fast. after that mess i was looking for a new duc when i ran across this ST, i didnt want a sport touring but the price was to good to pass up and the bike was in amazing shape so i figured id keep it as a second bike and get another sport.....the ride home convinced me that i dont need a second bike, this ST blew me away and fast as hell, better throttle responce than my SS, more power and pretty agile for a bike this heavy and she's almost totally moded...chips, pipes, CF, the works, so im good and btw there r 6 ppl in amarica with ST's not 3 did we just jack this dudes thread?

Last edited by PunksNotDead; July 3rd, 2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:15 PM   #11

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Proper Thread Jacking Etiquette

mehh, he's new here, may as well break him in early. Where else can getting a new bike turn into a bra and panty fest or dating site? And your new clutch cover sparks a gun debate? Someone hail the aussie's, I'm in need of some new jokes if this dude's story is getting over run.

After a lot of times getting stranded 500 k from home in torrential rain and one Insanely bad 1300km road trip that six hours of it was below the freezing mark. 160km/hour on a deserted highway, my headlights making all the ice crystals on the trees I pass look like diamonds. Almost poetic other than I was Freezing to death. I bought the ultimate touring bike after that one, my Hyundai Tiburon.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 03:27 PM   #12

ducatis in the registry:
[998]

Raptuous, you have the distinct honor of coining a phrase for the DucSpot. You have the copyright on that one.

Antigravity:

The safetycop
The buzzkill
The MSF governor
The grandpa
The dipstick
The defender of chicken strips

And the list goes on...........

Whooa,, hope I don't get AG'd for this.
Slower than you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2008, 04:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower than you View Post
Raptuous, you have the distinct honor of coining a phrase for the DucSpot. You have the copyright on that one.

Antigravity:

The safetycop
The buzzkill
The MSF governor
The grandpa
The dipstick
The defender of chicken strips

And the list goes on...........

Whooa,, hope I don't get AG'd for this.
Im so sick of guys who come up with lame screen names, i mean if u wanna do that put it in ur profile not post in in the forum, my dad is slower than you and he's 60! who's with me on this?
u just been "ANTIGRAVITY'd" copyright Raptuous 2008
Old July 3rd, 2008, 07:10 PM   #14
Soz
Banned

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Quote:
mehh, he's new here, may as well break him in early. Where else can getting a new bike turn into a bra and panty fest or dating site? And your new clutch cover sparks a gun debate? Someone hail the aussie's, I'm in need of some new jokes if this dude's story is getting over run.

After a lot of times getting stranded 500 k from home in torrential rain and one Insanely bad 1300km road trip that six hours of it was below the freezing mark. 160km/hour on a deserted highway, my headlights making all the ice crystals on the trees I pass look like diamonds. Almost poetic other than I was Freezing to death. I bought the ultimate touring bike after that one, my Hyundai Tiburon.
You don't need any help from us mate. You're doin just fine all on your own there!!! Keep up the great jack work. You'll do us Aussies proud, and Sheik green with envy!!!

Soz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #15

dude Sheik is to uptight for me and that whole " in accordance with the prophecy..." thing sort of creeps me out, its like a virgin sayig "take me and im urs forever" crrreeeeepppppyyyyy!!!!! anyway realy cool avi 1080southaus