Tuning by DNA - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2008, 07:11 PM   #16

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 R]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettc63 View Post
I guess the production line guys/gals aren't given enough time or equipment to get it spot on. From what I've heard over the years it's always been 'near enough'. It's a bit like the good ol fashioned 'blue print' the motor.
I guess these are a relatively high state of tune kind of motor and a few degrees here and there really does make a difference. And it didn't cost you a dime ya lucky bugger. Who said karma doesn't exist??
Maybe the old fella should mentor the young pup Chakarji.
Karma is out there in many ways. This thread is a good example of good Karma. Positive thoughts and actions give you the best results. I own Ducatis that were perfect from the factory. But any factory is not perfect; I know if you have a legitimate gripe with Ducati they can make it right.

and don't forget; I have a 1098R!
batmanrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #17

No ducatis in the registry

That's a great thing to hear. I'm happy that things worked out so well for you Cloudrider. It's good to see that DNA is taking care of their customers.

Just how much b!tching and griping did you to and to whom? I'm curious as to just how much you went through before they made things right. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Zach
Boostedrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #18
lee

Boost man,

The dealer had it three times and couldn't get it right so I gave up on them. Emails and phone calls to DNA produced some help on their part but still no fix.

I finally told the dealer "we're going through this thing part by part until we find the problem, and I don't care who pays for it including me but I'm not riding the bike like this anymore". I had an appointment and they called about the wizard and the rest is history. I think you just have to continue to pester until they either believe you're serious or get tired of you. But you have to be NICE and suck up to everyone you can. Firmly though. Flies and honey and all that.
lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #19

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettc63 View Post
I guess the production line guys/gals aren't given enough time or equipment to get it spot on. From what I've heard over the years it's always been 'near enough'. It's a bit like the good ol fashioned 'blue print' the motor.
I guess these are a relatively high state of tune kind of motor and a few degrees here and there really does make a difference. And it didn't cost you a dime ya lucky bugger. Who said karma doesn't exist??
Maybe the old fella should mentor the young pup Chakarji.

This is typical - mass production always requires allowable tolerances. When you stack several tolerances together, you can create a problem. FWIW, my experience with Suzuki race bikes included degreeing cams - they were never spot on out of the box. 3 or 4 degrees off is common (I'm talking about a brand new out of the crate bike).
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #20

He spent 2 full days working on your bike!! Geez. I doubt we'll hear anyone else being that lucky for a while....