New to site, Duc's and glad to be here... - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

New to site, Duc's and glad to be here...

Hello, Charlie here. Just bought my Red 1098 on 3 July 08. Never had a Duc before, but always adored them. I traded in my 05' Hayabusa after a two year love affair and many many mod's and much money dumped into it. Duc gave me a very fair trade-in and finally picked up my dream bike. I've had around 13 other machines prior to the 98 and none have ever made me feel the way this one does. Absolutely amazing. I've trolled the board for a few days, as well as others, and decided this would be the one I'd join. Duc Spot seems to have some mild mannered members yet still a wealth of help and information.

Let's see Bio:
About to turn 38. Army for 20+yrs retiring in 2more. Live in Pueblo West, Colorado which I'm beginning to think is a riders haven, so many beautiful unpopulated backroads and such. Pushing a Busa around at 48* lean on reducing radius turns etc was getting to be a bit much, add to that it was lowered so never really set up for that. Wife, two kids (boy 8, girl 2) and getting ready to head back over to Iraq for my last 12month tour.

As of now, the Lady in Red was ridden home, 115miles, hail and thunderstorms...caught me off-guard. Then washed and waxed, with removal of the retina burners (reflectors). I can't recall the members name, but someone posted a prop's to Shift-Tech, which I scoured their site and found quite a bit of interesting items I'd like to add. For now, I'm more than happy with the exhaust and performance, so I doubt I'll be heading into that aspect of modification anytime soon (unless I find a killer deal on a "R" model take-off or similar used aftermarket).
Anyway, wanted to say the layout of Duc Spot is well organized, easy to navigate and members make it feel comfortable. Thanks for having me.

Charlie (thats me in the LS white shirt, wasn't prepared for the ride home).
Attached Images

CAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old July 5th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #2

No ducatis in the registry

Welcome
bnhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 07:09 PM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Welcome to the forum. I also found this to be the best source of information for me and my bike. More reference than the owners manual that's for sure.
hicks1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Welcome Charlie

Welcome aboard Charlie. You'll find this forum to be similar to most. Some people you will agree with, some you won't. Overall you get GREAT input to problems you may have as most here have already been through most anything you might come across.

I have ridden CO up through Estes park and all the great back mountain roads it offers and you will have a blast with this machine.

Good luck with your new ride. Keep the rubber side down and be safe.

Peace
Old July 5th, 2008, 08:05 PM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Welcome Charlie. Great choice of bike and online community... it will make your riding experience all the better.... lots of experienced and well-informed members here.

Please take care of yourself during your last Iraq tour....come back in one piece please.

2007 Ducati 1098
2006 Ducati Paul Smart 1000LE
2006 BMW R1200RT (sold)
1993 Honda CBR900RR (sold)
1993 Honda ST1100 ABS (sold)
1991 Honda Pacific Coast (gotta learn it on something...sold)
Robert vZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 08:22 PM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

welcome man. have fun with that beautiful bike. and dont be shy. post away.

2008 1098 Red
2006 R6 Blue (sold)
Bigcheese_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #7

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

peewee1703, are you by any chance on NESR? Asking since your from CT.

I'm already enjoying the info, and all the discussions on different parts to use and why, where to buy etc. Although I carry many parts myself, some I don't and this place has been very informative. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Charlie
Old July 5th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #8

You think we're mild mannered? I guess we're slipping a bit!

Welcome aboard.

Ben Franklin

Ten-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #9

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Cat3? Interesting name. Do you fly? Oh, and welcome to the board.
Big Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 12:27 AM   #10

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Welcome to the board.....my 1098S was also my first Duc & I can not get enough. Ride EVERYDAY. Ride safe & take care in Iraq...come home safe.
22SLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 05:03 AM   #11

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Welcome to the board, Cat. When in Iraq, just thinking of your Red Ride will put a smile on your face. Thank you for your service to our country and alloying the rest of us hooligans to enjoy our Italian masterpieces.
elevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 05:51 AM   #12

Hey Charlie,
Congrats on your purchase, that's a fine looking bike. Have fun with the mods, the rides, and the trips out to the garage at night just to look at it.

Thanks for your service to our country, from another veteran.

Ride safe!
2008 1098R - #247
Moonlighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 07:03 AM   #13

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT3 View Post
peewee1703, are you by any chance on NESR? Asking since your from CT.

I'm already enjoying the info, and all the discussions on different parts to use and why, where to buy etc. Although I carry many parts myself, some I don't and this place has been very informative. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Charlie
I never joined NESR. About a week before I got my 1098 I found this forum and it has been the only one I have really used. I joined DESMO but do very little with them as well.

How do you know about NESR? Have you been stationed here in New England? By the way, good luck with your last tour. Keep your head down and come back safe.

Thanks to you and all the people who do what you do to keep us here in the USA safe.
Old July 6th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #14

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

CAT3 is my Initials, I do fly....sort of. I fly Shadow 200 Unmanned Air Vehicles, UAV's for Uncle Same.. its an alright job for when they take away your last one.

NESR, one of my buddies is/was on there, I went on for a bit, haven't been in a long time though.

Appreciate the warm welcome everyone.