Under Armor! - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM   #1

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Under Armor!

I gotta tell you. This stuff is unbelievable!!! I bought my first shirt (a red long sleeve cold wear) a couple of days ago right in the middle of a heat wave here in CT. The next morning I put it on and as I walked down the stairs to put my leathers on I felt a very strange thing happen. I was walking down the stairs pretty quickly and I felt like I was walking into a cool breeze. It was WEIRD but COOL (pun intended)! This stuff makes you feel like you have a cool fan blowing on you all the time. If you can get circulation inside your leathers you will feel WAY cooler with these on than you will if you just have a tee shirt on.

I'm now looking for a pair of pants. Long pants. All I can find is short pants. I'll keep digging and anyone who wears leathers in the heat should buy some of these ASAP. You will be glad you did!
Old July 6th, 2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Banned

No ducatis in the registry

Welcome to the dark side PeeWee.. We had quite the discusion about Under Armor and related wear..

RC
RC51-05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:10 PM   #3

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Umm.... I hope you didn't buy cool gear to keep you cool, your supposed to be wearing heat gear. Cool gear is for cool, not to keep you cool.

And yes, under armour is the only way i can make it with full gear. When you stop riding sometimes you actually feel cold.
hicks1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #4

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Send a message via AIM to nitsuj
Yeah, stuff works great. I learned last year that Under Armor and a little shot of Goldbond power in just the right spot is about as comfortable as you can be in leathers on a hot trackday.

Down side? If, like me, you have a wife who is a good cook and the years have caused your front porch to get bigger, there isn't really a way to look good in head to toe spandex.
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #5

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

PeeWee, I believe we have the UA Pants at our PX @ Ft. Carson. Once UA got the Mil Spec approval, their product line exploded and have been authorized sales in the exchange. I'll check this week and let you know if we have it, its also tax free.

Red 08' 1098

Its all fun and games until somebody gets bitched slapped.... then its time to laugh, have a beer and become best of friends.
CAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:50 AM   #6

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT3 View Post
PeeWee, I believe we have the UA Pants at our PX @ Ft. Carson. Once UA got the Mil Spec approval, their product line exploded and have been authorized sales in the exchange. I'll check this week and let you know if we have it, its also tax free.
Hey CAT3
That UA HAS to be a blessing for you guys when you have to be out in full gear in the heat. If the stuff that keeps you warm is as good as this stuff then I will bet you ALL wear it!

Thanks for what you do.
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:11 AM   #7

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
Down side? If, like me, you have a wife who is a good cook and the years have caused your front porch to get bigger, there isn't really a way to look good in head to toe spandex.
I don't have a wife to cook for me anymore (Thank GOD cause she cooked like SHIT as well as other things) but I know what you mean (I think it comes with age). ALTHOUGH. I know these things are supposed to fit tight but I almost ALWAYS wear XL in a shirt (6'3" 225lbs). I put one of those on in an XL and I felt like a sausage that someone was squeezing from the bottom pushing all the shit to the top! My stomach went in and my chest went from a 48 to a 54!!! I had to buy an XXL just so I could move my arms!!

Is this stuff made in Europe? Those guys are just smaller than us fat ass Americans or they like to wear their cloths tighter. I bought a Ducati mesh padded jacket and had to get a 3XL and it is STILL snug!! What the hell does someone who weights 300 lbs buy????
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:30 AM   #8

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

A lot of my friends use this stuff under there race suits, never felt a need for it under my jacket.

Jason

Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 10:04 AM   #9

ducatis in the registry:
[848]

+1000
wiredbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #10

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
A lot of my friends use this stuff under there race suits, never felt a need for it under my jacket.

Jason
You have GOT to try this stuff. It's like FREE air conditioning under your leathers!
Old July 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #11

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Send a message via AIM to nitsuj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
You probably wouldn't notice a need for them with just a jacket on. Full suit is a different story. On a hot day, you feel sort of like you're vegetables in a steamer. The UA is nice...
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #12

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

2 weeks ago as I was back home in Germany was European soccer cup, I bought for the finals one German Tricot from Adidas that is "Climacool" the best thing for me here now in SoCal to walk around.

I really wonder if such things or like the ones from under armor would give me coolness under my leather in the 100+F Canyons? Does is it really help for coolness that you can feel?
Franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #13

ducatis in the registry:
[999]
[999 S]

I never leave home without my Under Armor, would feel right if I did,,,,,,,,

http://www.facebook.com/Fonzz831
Fonzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 04:35 AM   #14

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franken View Post
2 weeks ago as I was back home in Germany was European soccer cup, I bought for the finals one German Tricot from Adidas that is "Climacool" the best thing for me here now in SoCal to walk around.

I really wonder if such things or like the ones from under armor would give me coolness under my leather in the 100+F Canyons? Does is it really help for coolness that you can feel?
I would NEVER endorse something that didn't work and work WELL for me. Get some of this stuff and wear it under your leather on HOT days. You will be AMAZED. I would even go as far as to say that it is not needed below 80 degrees F. But at 80 and above!! Use this stuff. You won't regret it.
Old July 8th, 2008, 05:26 AM   #15

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee1703 View Post
You have GOT to try this stuff. It's like FREE air conditioning under your leathers!
I use one of there head bands when I go jogging. =]

Jason

Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote