Mirrors - Page 3 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts

Remember me
Login  |   Register

ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts > Superbike Model Specific > 1098/1198

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:21 PM   #31

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

If anyone wants to design them I will be glad to machine the prototype
and see if they work ok. My concern is how they will mount to the bike. Then I or you could get quotes on production runs and anodize costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian
I'm thinking of designing some extensions using emachineshop.com and let you guys know how it goes. If it works out well we can do some kind of group buy for those interested.

Michael
Ducquack1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:47 PM   #32

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

Ducati Guy I would be very interested in this endeavor since I can't see much behind me and I really want to know when something is creeping up on me!
ZooQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:05 AM   #33

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I can see more out of these mirrors than on my R1 if I tuck my shoulders in but I'm adding a 4" lcd infrared rear view camera to mine. I'll send pics when I finish it.
risdaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:23 PM   #34

No ducatis in the registry

risdaone,

I look forward to seeing your screen and camera install. I was thinking about the possibility of trying to do that myself.
gavinbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:29 PM   #35

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Same as the other guys, if they look good I'm in.

thanks...
DiabloBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 03:55 PM   #36

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

I'm very interested in any product that will help. Keep me posted, otherwise I'm going with Plan B: surgical removal of arms and shoulders.
Fresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasKid
How the HELL do I get one of those helmets?
If any of you want one badly enough I'll be happy to find out postage to US, be aware that the dollar rate is around the 2 bucks to the pound, the helmet retails at 300 pounds in the UK. I could take Paypal if you want to try it.
Ravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #38

ducatis in the registry:
[1098]

Reevu helmet

I'll take a black, large, please.

PM me with Paypal info.

Thanks
Fresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 03:55 AM   #39

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S]

I would go for that also. Did they follow the outline of the original mirror stalk? So it then looks like a riser or spacer underneath the original? Seems like an easy enough fix.
ST-Moto-1098S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #40

mirrors

One of the guys at the dealer told me that the most valuable part of the bike is the mirrors. Sold out everywhere until 2009 or something like that...

I'm used to mirrors that suck, at least. But that's the only part of the bike that isn't absolutely gorgeous!
uberwench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #41

Look at the bright side. You all still have your mirrors that suck. Today coming down the highway my left side mirror fell off. It is hard for me to turn my neck given last July's accident. But I don't have to worry about looking at the mirror that sucks since it's gone.
RCR1098749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #42

I hope not

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberwench
One of the guys at the dealer told me that the most valuable part of the bike is the mirrors. Sold out everywhere until 2009 or something like that...

I'm used to mirrors that suck, at least. But that's the only part of the bike that isn't absolutely gorgeous!

What dealer did you talk to? I had one fall off today and was going to call them first thing in the morning. I didn't hit anything but the glass just fell out. If you are correct this bike will have to be parked till 2009. It is the favorite ticket for the police in this area. Had another bike that I took them off BIG mistake 2 tickets first day. $1000.00 bucks
RCR1098749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #43

Hey Ravel!

I’ve been reading a few reviews of the Reevu Helmet from various users and while all of them love the helmet look, fit, feel, etc. the one thing they are not so wild about is the Clarity of the “rear view” in the visor. Many of them have said that the picture would be better / clearer if they used mirrors instead of their own plastic reflective material. From your opinion how clear is the “behind” picture? Is it clear enough to read the license plate of a vehicle say 20 - 25 feet behind you? Or is it more gear to tell if a vehicle is behind you or not. The images you posted in this thread are very acceptable but I worry real life performance won’t mimic that.

Thanks In Advance!

Marcus
Ducs_Of_Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 03:43 PM   #44

Marcus
Your right to not trust that the image is like that used in the marketing. It is however much better than relying on the mirrors on the bike. You couldn't read a UK license plate at 25 feet, but I can't do that in the bike's mirrors; you can see cars at a safe distance to pull out for passing and easily spot a black and white, you wouldn't see the shotgun on the dash though! I think there's a need for plastic for health and safety rather than glass in a mirror. I'm very happy as it adds to the mirrors on the bike, wouldn't be without both.
Ravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #45

ducatis in the registry:
[1098 S Tri-Color]

Id be interested in the extensions, but also concerned that it wont eliminate the vibrations. These mirrors are the worst on any bike Ive ever had - not just other Duc's. Those had no visibility - these have no visibility and no stability.

Has anyone else also noticed that the tips of the fairings - especially the left one - have serious vibrations under 6k rpm (its all Im at while breaking it in right now).

Does anyone have a Double Bubble yet for their 1098? Pics? At 6'1 i have trouble getting the wind coverage out of stock screens. Every sportbike Ive ever had has benefited from a better screen.

Thanks.

-d
ducatidave is offline   Reply With Quote